• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troy shadow X5

Anybody have schematic of this device?

eah. Mrand.

Comment

Troy shadow X5

Hello Strujas , I have not seen a full Schematic yet , just the schematic of the TX "transmit oscillator section" . Look in the Geotech Archive , there is a very clear PCB circuit board photo of the X5 , but that is it , no schematics . It is hard to believe the Troy X5 has been discontinued , Maybe it had some technical issues or breakdowns in the field ???? ...........We'll just wait for more information from other members .................Eugene

Comment

The schema is which is. I was drawing him for myself. And therefore I skipped not significant details.
        Mrand
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanx Mrand, i am hopeing that we all together can finish and modernize this device

Comment

thanks lots Mrand. Troy seems kinda 'top art' detector among clear analog ones. imho, it is not needed in any update - as the schematic seems logically peak development of Tesoro ideas and conception.

HH

Comment

Troy shadow X5

Excellent Work Mrand , on what you did so far !!! Very important information on the schematics "little notes" , like the self resonance of 255. and 87. khz of the elipse 2d coil . I think this is more important than we realize , in regards to construction of the search coil . If the self resonance is not correct , the metal detector will not function correctly...I like the Drawing "SOFTWARE" you use , very professional !!!! Great Work , and you kept this schematic a secret , since July 2006...............Take care.
              Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting!
                I'm agree with KT315, it look like a top improved Tesoro schematic, 33178 are very low noise op.
                Interesting even the strange tx section with dual tune lc circuit.
                Thanks Mrand for sharing schematic.

Bye Maxbiri

Comment

only repeat a PCB's photo shared by Mrand
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by strujas View Post
                    Thanx Mrand, i am hopeing that we all together can finish and modernize this device
                    Hi,
                    would be interesting... but seems really complex stuff, expecially at components... many are unusual devices and I think this machine will be first evaluated well about on soil performances before attempting any tentative of cloning that.

I mean, so far no complete success with RelicHawk (that's simpler design than this) and someone would really try with this ? You're brave guys! At least posting messages... I wanna see it mounted... sooner or later!

Also... it's worth ? From some comparision and reports (I never used one, just heard/read of this) seems it's not so much performative than others... simpler designs.

Always thought that troy X5 is kind of Ferrari's appearance and quality but not such when we talk about depth and disc issues, what really matters to many THunters: depth is average in most soils and disc is not so good as in other Tesoro designs... cause, though the makeup there, it's a Tesoro design I think.

Am I wrong !? Sorry for your disappointment!

Kind regards,
                    Max

Comment

Why this device?, first operating frequency 19khz, devices with lower frq. often makes failures on things like coin which is lay down on side. Information which i have tells me that device have good deepth. I heard that Troy had engaged Fisher engineers for this device. If they had invented this, why we couldnt make it better?

Comment

the conception of Troy is 'oldie' I will call it so.
                        parallel 'voltage' resonance in TX coil has been tried at huge time and probably good (examples TGS, Classic's, etc.). not modern conception is series 'current' resonance (examples Anker-50, Thunderbolt-III) or full absence of a resonance in TX stage (examples Sovereign Elite, GT, Explorer XS, C-Scope CS6PI etc.).

in first case we have SMALL current in TX coil and HUGE gain in preamp.
                        in second case we have BIG current in TX coil and SMALL gain in preamp.

is second way more paying in cutthroat competition for market?

ps. Anker-50 because Anker was 50 years old whom are still not in course for. it was A PRESENT FOR YOU on his 50-th birthday.

Comment

As we have seen, some parts are missing. My opinion is we coluld use for ground and disc mode concept like on CL3 (just to find real values). I see space for 2 tone modification with fet on disc chanal, around last filter?, Some else with some proposition?

Comment

Originally posted by strujas View Post
                            As we have seen, some parts are missing. My opinion is we coluld use for ground and disc mode concept like on CL3 (just to find real values). I see space for 2 tone modification with fet on disc chanal, around last filter?, Some else with some proposition?
                            Hi,
                            if you look at coils... seems similar to RH idea, like KT315 pointed: more power on a big TX coil (thick wire) that has qround 1mH inductance... less gain on preamp on a 6.xxmH RX coil... usual thin wire... like 30AWG.

Just... the oscillator is not same stuff of RH , it's different... but the idea is still there: higher Q, higher power on TX, lower gain at preamp, more the nulling voltage at RX like in Anker

The missing parts can be replaced... but I think, though possible, cloning of this device is not a trivial task... many problems involved.

For disc issues I remember there's the modified Czech sabre that uses a filter for a simplified tone id... could give some good idea.

Kind regards,
                            Max

Comment

Anyone else interested for this project?

Comment

Working...
                              X