Golden mask power boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden mask power boost

The golden mask 3+ has a power boost switch which boosts power 30% but puts more drain on battery,it says that it puts 120 volts through coil,that's not right is it,it only runs on 12 volt battery pack,if it drains battery pack more ok its pushing more volts to the coil but 120 volts,cant be right can it ?

Although the battery is 12V a much higher voltage can be generated in the coil. This depends on coil driving circuit, coil parameters, etc. So I think 120 volts is not an impossible value, even higher voltages can be generated with proper electronics. IMO the problem is that 30% more power in the coil will NOT increase the depth detection by 30%. Detection depth won't be increased much but battery will drain quite fast.

Comment

Originally posted by dejavuband View Post
      The golden mask 3+ has a power boost switch which boosts power 30% but puts more drain on battery,it says that it puts 120 volts through coil,that's not right is it,it only runs on 12 volt battery pack,if it drains battery pack more ok its pushing more volts to the coil but 120 volts,cant be right can it ?
      The Golden Mask originates from Bulgaria. I've heard that it's basically a Tesoro clone with some extra tweaks. If it does have a 120V TX signal, then it's probably using one of the well known Bulgarian TX circuits that have been published on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
        The Golden Mask originates from Bulgaria. I've heard that it's basically a Tesoro clone with some extra tweaks. If it does have a 120V TX signal, then it's probably using one of the well known Bulgarian TX circuits that have been published on this forum.
        It is the well known... Tesoro Bandito. Golden Mask is a very good detector but has problem with coil.... very sensitive at vibrations

Comment

Can you specify what TX circuits you have in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer View Post
            Can you specify what TX circuits you have in mind?
            This one ->

Note the frequency of the TX oscillator and the amplitude.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! Interesting one..

Comment

I was thinking of getting the golden mask,@ the moment i have the tesoro cibola and was thinking about getting the 12 by 10 DD wide scan coil for it,is this a good coil ?and if the golden mask is a tesoro clone would the coil off it run on my cibola if i changed the plug to a tesoro one?(mines 4 pin)or is the tesoro DD wide scan a better coil,the reason i ask is the price of the DD is £170 new and golden mask coil is about 80 euros.

Comment

... if the golden mask is a tesoro clone would the coil off it run on my cibola if i changed the plug to a tesoro one?(mines 4 pin)or is the tesoro DD wide scan a better coil,the reason.
                  If the TX amplitude is 120V as claimed, then I think the answer is "no". To achieve this higher voltage the coil construction is quite different.

Comment

If the TX amplitude is 120V as claimed, then I think the answer is "no". To achieve this higher voltage the coil construction is quite different.
                    120 volts on boost don't forget,so what would it be standard or am i still way out,cheers wayne.

Comment

120 volts on boost don't forget,so what would it be standard or am i still way out,cheers wayne.
                      Who knows? ... but my guess would be that the power supply is increased in the boost mode. If it's the same as the Bulgarian transmit circuit that I posted earlier, then the standard would be 100V. Perhaps someone else knows the answer.

Comment

No 120v, no turbo 13v with turbo has 31.5v
                        Attached Files

Comment

yes, that is more logical, the detector is stable 31V?

Comment

This is similar to the V3, which has 10v in normal TX and 30v in TX Boost. Boost mode adds about 1".

- Carl

Comment

Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
                              This is similar to the V3, which has 10v in normal TX and 30v in TX Boost. Boost mode adds about 1".

- Carl
                              Hi Carl.

1"... for a coin or for a bigger object??

Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X