Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil Winding

Removed due to copyright violation
    Last edited by Carl-NC; 05-17-2010, 04:01 AM.

The Simplicity of a Coil Winding Machine may seem discouraging at first, for you will never be able to make Professional Coils with it in any case. So why bother to build it?

Oh, ... is that so?

Well, ... then you know what I did not know about this Simple Gingery Coil Winding Machine, ... for I am going to show you what I know about it that you may not have known yet.

However simple this Gingery Coil Winding Machine may seem at first, ... then please just take a look at this Video by Morris how to wind one of the most beautiful Coils known, ... the Honeycomb Coil!

And on this very same Gingery Coil Winding Machine!

Morris Gingery Ham Radio Coil Winder (3m27s):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIOoc...ayer_embedded#!

And, are you still in doubt about what can be done with this simple Gingery Coil Winding Machine?

Furthermore, I will regularly update this thread with Mouth Watering Information about Coils and Coil Winding that I am sure you will very much enjoy.

Regards,

Robert

Comment

Coil Winding - By Geo. Stevens Manufacturing Co., Inc. (1954)

* Publisher: Geo. Stevens Manufacturing Co., Inc.
      * Publication Date: 1954
      * Number of Pages: 129 (137s)
      * Format: PDF
      * Size: 6.67 MB

Description:

The book is divided into four chapters, each covering a basic type of winding. These four winding types are:

* Single Layer Winding
      * Multilayer (Bobine) Winding
      * Universal Winding
      * Progressive Universal Winding

What makes this book so interesting, is that it gives you inside information on how professional coil winding machines work. Especially about the Cam, with calculations and tables, so that you may get a better understanding on how the Gingery Coil Winding Machine works (see first book in this thread). This book may seem old (1954), but when a science has been perfected to a degree that no more is needed in respect to the basic theories applied, then a field may be considered to have been researched to exhaustion, and no more changes are required. Invitations maybe, but then your creativity will be well inspired to fulfill your own needs based on a solid foundation of knowledge.

Enjoy!

Robert

Attachment:

Split up into 7 RAR-Part Files:

Coil Winding - By Geo. Stevens Manufacturing Co., Inc. (1954) 137s.pdf

as

Coil Winding - By Geo. Stevens Manufacturing Co., Inc. (1954) 137s.part1
      Coil Winding - By Geo. Stevens Manufacturing Co., Inc. (1954) 137s.part2
      Coil Winding - By Geo. Stevens Manufacturing Co., Inc. (1954) 137s.part3
      Coil Winding - By Geo. Stevens Manufacturing Co., Inc. (1954) 137s.part4
      Coil Winding - By Geo. Stevens Manufacturing Co., Inc. (1954) 137s.part5
      Coil Winding - By Geo. Stevens Manufacturing Co., Inc. (1954) 137s.part6
      Coil Winding - By Geo. Stevens Manufacturing Co., Inc. (1954) 137s.part7
      Attached Files

Comment

Six Ways to Measure Inductance (Physics Education - September 2002)

The following experiments generate highly consistent results with those obtained from theoretical predictions employing formulas derived from Faraday’s Law, the Biot–Savart Law, and Ampère's Law.

Enjoy!

Robert

Attachment:

Six Ways to Measure Inductance (Physics Education, pp439-445, September 2002).pdf
        Attached Files

Comment

Removed due to copyright violation
          Last edited by Carl-NC; 05-17-2010, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Cyclonite. I've been wanting to delve into SMPS design and this McLyman book is a jewel.

Comment

Looking for cam and gears for a George Stevens 225 winding machine

I am looking for cam and gears for a George Stevens 225 winding machine. Let me know if you know of any one with any cams or gears for this or any other sources I can contact. Let me know.

Thanks

Ken

Comment

Can anyone suggest a way to access "Coil Windin:...this sells everywhere for around $90/

Thanks,

Jim AKA Giacomo

Comment

Working...
                X