SEF coil plug wiring for Teknetics T2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEF coil plug wiring for Teknetics T2

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could help me out with this please. The kids managed to pull the plug off my SEF 12"x10" coil (that I use on my Teknetics T2) and I need a wiring diagram with the colors to be able to solder it back on. I have tried looking for the Detech website with no luck, kellyco and various other distributors cant help as they say they dont have the diagram themselves.

It might help if you told us the wire colours you have, SEF may have their own choice of wire colours, but I will try my best.
    Pins 1 and 2 are the receive coil, they will have a resistance of about 35 ohms between them, they will probably be the red and black pair, in which case pin 1 is black ,pin 2 is red.
    The transmit coil is a bit harder: the coil is, I think centre-tapped, total resistance of about 2 ohms, so 1 ohm per half. Pins 3,4 are the end connections, pin 5 is the centre-tap/shield?. Pin 3 is green, pin 4 is white, pin 5 is grey.

Comment

Hi Skippy and thank you for taking the time to help! The cable has 4 thick white insulator wires of which all contain 1 braid and 1 colored wire... the colors of the internal wires are yellow, black, red and green. Any ideas?

Comment

Looks tricky...you will definitely need a multimeter to sort out what's what. I imagine some of the screens/shields would be joined to pin 5, but the receive coil screens may go to pin1. Do your best CSI forensics work and see if you can work out what kind of wires were soldered to which pins - if ,say, 3 shields were joined to one pin, it should be obvious.

Comment

I'll try and work it out with a multimeter and see if I can find out whats what.... still would have been nice if Detech had a little after sales service or at least a contact number...

Comment

Working...
          X