If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
On stage 3, while installing components
1. C22 is ceramic disk vs. little white box type, not trying to nitpick, just want to verify substitution is OK
On stage 3, while adjusting TX pulse period and width, are these normal expected observations
1. set pulse period first, while setting pulse width observed that pulse period is also changing (settings are interacting)
2. pulse period is not completely stable (varying at a relatively slow rate (slow period jitter)
I realize that I am replying to an older post but I am trying to see in your image if you left a gap in your shield or not?
Cheers
I used the circular array feature where you set the number of copies, it automatically spaces the items. So I only drew one slot.
Thanks reply, that sounds like a handy feature so I will investigate it, thats the challenge with these programs trying to find out all the functions and features, cheers.
Should work good, the ender is a Prusa clone and I printed on a Prusa MK3. The slots are 2mm by 4mm, so if your wire dia requires longer slots, I can post a modified stl.
Thanks for the offer would it be possible to have a stl with longer slots PLEASE ?
what software do you use ?
BIG THANKS FOR STL FILE, I am printing it now on my crappy ender 3, this is the biggest print I have done so will very interesting to see how it comes out
Should work good, the ender is a Prusa clone and I printed on a Prusa MK3. The slots are 2mm by 4mm, so if your wire dia requires longer slots, I can post a modified stl.
BIG THANKS FOR STL FILE, I am printing it now on my crappy ender 3, this is the biggest print I have done so will very interesting to see how it comes out
I succumbed to 3DSS coil fever and made a attempt at making a coil based on the howto instructions. I made a 3D printed form and started winding. Unfortunately, I got distracted by my wife around layer 4 and kind of lost count. Sadly, it only measures at 40uH lol. In any case, I have a good understanding of how to make one. I attached the stl and gcode files for anyone would like to try printing the form.
Some scope traces of my bench circuit. Not MPP, different gain and bandwidth. My scope trace with cfl bulb on looks same as yours, you get 5cycles/100us(50kHz). I recorded 50us/div and get 2.5cycles/div(50kHz). Wondering if a clf bulb is causing your noise. I calculate MPP amplifier should have about 25mvP-P noise with Rx input shorted. Wondering if you could measure with your scope sometime. Remove jumper Tx pin 2 to Rx pin 2 and jumper Rx pin 2 to Rx pin 3.
Thanks for the info and analysis. I am in a veritable sea of CLF and LED lighting and I measured it at 50 kHz as well, good detective work
The hot lead insulation monitoring is a neat trick. I needed to add a thin layer of Kapton tape to the lead since the voltage seemed to be arcing through intermittently. As a test, I decreased the TX frequency to 250pps and increased the TX pulse width to about 300us and the spike trace still didn't get flat at the top, so I guess I am not able to force an avalanche condition with the combined 5.3ohm series resistance (3.3 + 2.0). I don't have ability right now to adjust the damping resistor, but is does look a little overdamped based on your examples. I will try some different values on Monday.
Below are the hot lead insulation spike at 300us and the TP3 signal that looks like ringing. It seems to be outside interference since it changes a lot by moving the coil.
[ATTACH]46382[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]46383[/ATTACH]
Some scope traces of my bench circuit. Not MPP, different gain and bandwidth. My scope trace with cfl bulb on looks same as yours, you get 5cycles/100us(50kHz). I recorded 50us/div and get 2.5cycles/div(50kHz). Wondering if a clf bulb is causing your noise. I calculate MPP amplifier should have about 25mvP-P noise with Rx input shorted. Wondering if you could measure with your scope sometime. Remove jumper Tx pin 2 to Rx pin 2 and jumper Rx pin 2 to Rx pin 3.
The voltage divider method works brilliantly. I put two 10K in a breadboard and measured 1/2 of the flyback voltage at 216V after increasing TX pulse width to get the maximum. This confirms that the MOSFET is not going into avalanche given the max voltage of ~ 432V. This also puts me at ease knowing I am no exceeding the 300V input spec of my scope.
You get a direct ratio of the voltage IE: a 700 volt peak will give you 7 volts on the scope, so you dont blow your scope
The voltage divider method works brilliantly. I put two 10K in a breadboard and measured 1/2 of the flyback voltage at 216V after increasing TX pulse width to get the maximum. This confirms that the MOSFET is not going into avalanche given the max voltage of ~ 432V. This also puts me at ease knowing I am no exceeding the 300V input spec of my scope.
Leave a comment: