Originally posted by sido
View Post
I have already put a plan in place ...I have legally transferred ownership of my IP to a holding company.....the holding company has placed a value of 0$ on the IP ( as it is not being sold / manufactured etc etc and it is only a cost to them in terms of development , patenting etc etc ) ..however I am subcontracted ( not employed ) by the company to develop and work on ideas which I then transfer to them for no consideration ( as I am contracted by them to develop the ideas ... so they own my output effectively ) ...
However .... I own shares in the company .... if the IP ever does become worth something ( patent, product , licencing etc etc ) ... then I will get a return because I am a voting shareholder and the constitution of the company is structured to return any profit after costs ( like patents ) to the shareholders
BTW ...only to the shareholders and investors who supported that particular project.Because the assets of the company are valued at $0 there is nothing to sue for and liability is limited to the company ... cant sue the shareholders LOL or the directors ( the subcontractors did the work
) as the company engaged the subcontractors in good faith.... additionally all the knowledge or "Trade Secrets" on how to use the IP is only known to the shareholders/contractors ... the company has no technical staff ... so any aggressors would end up with nothing for their efforts ... particularly because if the company is wound up ...the aggressor would not be at the top of the creditors list.moodz
Leave a comment: