Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy selfmade USB PIC Programmer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vadim18
    replied
    Welcome to the land of alternatives for pricey things.
    Here is another solution - Extra PIC+AVR JDM programmer. I build this programmer last year and apply some modifications, work fine for me.
    This circuit designed in 2006, originated somewhere in deep eastern Europe.
    I recomend PICpgm software.
    Circuit Click image for larger version

Name:	ExtraPIC+AVR.png
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	361753

    Foto Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6957.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	361754 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6953.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	322.5 KB
ID:	361755

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    JDM programmer here: http://electronics-diy.com/electroni...atic.php?id=57
    Software here: http://picpgm.picprojects.net/download.html

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I don't think usb adapter will work, you need more than 7.5V(-7.5V). Must use old computer com. http://www.hamradio.in/circuits/feng.php

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Originally posted by BKY1337 View Post
    Not on my Laptop. But i saw an adapter to usb for 1 Euro and i have two old PCs from 2005.
    I'm not convinced that you can connect a programmer with a com port via a USB adapter. If you can run your old computer, it's best to do this simple JDM programmer yourself. It works through a com port and the parts for it are not expensive.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    take a pickit3 and a programmer socket

    all you Need and very easy, if you Need help or step by step guide via Telefone i can help to Flash your first pic controller

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    Not on my Laptop. But i saw an adapter to usb for 1 Euro and i have two old PCs from 2005.

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Yes, but you must have a COM port! Do you have one?

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    Looks like i wont need to program the pic before.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by sled View Post
    The cheapest I could find costs less than $1, but you need an old PC with a real serial port (maybe there's one hidden on your motherboard not attached to your case): http://www.franksteinberg.de/5PiP.htm

    good find

    Leave a comment:


  • sled
    replied
    The cheapest I could find costs less than $1, but you need an old PC with a real serial port (maybe there's one hidden on your motherboard not attached to your case): http://www.franksteinberg.de/5PiP.htm

    Leave a comment:


  • sled
    replied
    From my experience you always pay more when building such common things from scratch, so if it's about the money, buy a knock off from aliexpress. The cheapest I could think of that has USB and is programmable, is an arduino nano. They sell for 1.95$USD on ali express. Buy one of these and write some code to program the PIC with the PicKit firmware. You'll learn a lot, guaranteed.

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    Looks fantastic. But i still need a microcontroller with hex file.

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I found this diy pickit2 http://www.electronics-lab.com/proje...er-programmer/

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Yep, give it a try as it will be a learning experience.

    Note: the PICKit2 & I thing also the 3 have there schematics published by MicroChip. So do look for this info on Microchip's web site.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    by all means give it a try

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X