Hi, I guessed it was working - and just me.
I was trying to run the .hml file from where zip unloaded it.
It was this that was my problem. The app raun but did not calculate result.
When I extracted the files to a new dir outside of temp dir - normal dervice was resumed.
Steve
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
coil calc
Collapse
X
-
It would be nice to have both. I'm drowning in folders of folders of icons that no longer fit on my desktop.Originally posted by Qiaozhi View PostI don't know if VBulletin has that capability,
Perhaps Carl can add it somewhere outside the forums.
Personally, I think it's better as a standalone application; otherwise you would have to be online to use it. The simple solution (for ease-of-use) is to place a shortcut (link) on your desktop that invokes your web browser and starts the application.
But it is great to have at all, thanks.
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
I don't know if VBulletin has that capability,Originally posted by simonbaker View PostHi Qiaozhi:
Is it possible to host your calculator on Geotech site so it runs as a web ap? Then just have a link to it in the sticky message?
Regards,
-SB
Perhaps Carl can add it somewhere outside the forums.
Personally, I think it's better as a standalone application; otherwise you would have to be online to use it. The simple solution (for ease-of-use) is to place a shortcut (link) on your desktop that invokes your web browser and starts the application.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Qiaozhi:Originally posted by Qiaozhi View PostYou need to open coilcalc.htm in a web browser.
Is it possible to host your calculator on Geotech site so it runs as a web ap? Then just have a link to it in the sticky message?
Regards,
-SB
Leave a comment:
-
Firefox, Epiphany, Sea Monkey, Explorer (with Active X enabled) and Google Chrome all work ok. There are other browsers available that I haven't tested (Safari, for example) but I don't expect any problems.Originally posted by dfbowers View PostI had to use Internet Explorer and allow "Active X". Other than that, it runs OK.
Leave a comment:
-
I had to use Internet Explorer and allow "Active X". Other than that, it runs OK.Originally posted by golfnut View PostI couldnt get the calc in the sticky to run?
This one gives results same as the tesoro coil write up
Coil Maestro calculates optimal dimensions of coils for wanted inductance. It is simple to use but flexible so it can help you not just to make calculations but to find optimal measures or experiment with very flexible parameters. Aditionaly, program can calculate inductance based on physical dimensons of coil.
107 T of .25Cu 255dia a=1.7
every little helps
Leave a comment:
-
You need to open coilcalc.htm in a web browser.Originally posted by golfnut View PostI couldnt get the calc in the sticky to run?
This one gives results same as the tesoro coil write up
Coil Maestro calculates optimal dimensions of coils for wanted inductance. It is simple to use but flexible so it can help you not just to make calculations but to find optimal measures or experiment with very flexible parameters. Aditionaly, program can calculate inductance based on physical dimensons of coil.
107 T of .25Cu 255dia a=1.7
every little helps
Leave a comment:
-
coil calc
I couldnt get the calc in the sticky to run?
This one gives results same as the tesoro coil write up
Coil Maestro calculates optimal dimensions of coils for wanted inductance. It is simple to use but flexible so it can help you not just to make calculations but to find optimal measures or experiment with very flexible parameters. Aditionaly, program can calculate inductance based on physical dimensons of coil.
107 T of .25Cu 255dia a=1.7
every little helpsTags: None
Leave a comment: