Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Mean machine
Collapse
X
-
Will do as soon as I have it to do that with. I will get my friend (unbiased) to write the report then post. I'll try to do some videos as well.
Give me a couple of weeks, Dave is on his way.
Leave a comment:
-
Maybe I should get hold of the guy who had the prototype in his car when it was BROKEN INTO, and get the case number from the Australian police.
I've had FIRST hand dealings with Minelab in Ireland and Australia and I can tell you just how low they will sink. I stand by what I said about them, if they dispute it I'm happy to go to court and beat them a SECOND time! Somehow I DOUBT they will do so.
Just for the record, ML were SOLD again recently, a source in Halcro reported them as being "a drain on resources" (loss making?).
They may be #1 at the moment, but that will change. 20 years ago they were no where, 10 years they will be back there, they're not that smart.
They ONLY make metal detectors (whoops de do!!). Now Military radar and sonar, THAT'S real electronics.
Leave a comment:
-
".. (I would say where, but Milenab would just try to steal it - as they have tried before). Thieves, nothing more!..."
Funny thing to say something like that about world number one metal detectors manufacturer!?
Minelab has enough number of excellent e.e.'s - no need to steal anything.
But than again...that's only my personal opinion..
Leave a comment:
-
Sadly, no
(Dang it)!!
BUT..... THIS weekend is DEFINITE, I've seen the airline tickets and booked a hotel locally for Dave. I'll post pictures and a FULL report as soon as we've finished evaluation.
I've booked my friend who's a professional with over 25 very valuable hoards to his name. He's also the guy who proved the Vikings were active in north Wales, and NO it isn't "Archie" for those who read this from UKDN. that guy is a LIAR (and a coward) - he turns up on one of our sites, no permission, with a minivan full of other detectorists and starts detecting, we walked over to ask what they were doing - they ALL run off
Baaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Sean_Goddard View PostNO, it's HERE, I will have the ONE AND ONLY on the planet by next week!!
This is, I can't keep it as Dave wants it back, but it will be IN the UK on test soon (I would say where, but Milenab would just try to steal it - as they have tried before). Thieves, nothing more!
Well, did it ever happen?
Steve Herschbach
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, i have 25.5cm DD coil and 28cm DD coil with SE. First one is standard as we already saw with XS,II, Quattro and SE and second one is new one, coming with E-Trac and latest SE series.
Leave a comment:
-
Right now i know and understand why and how Norfolk Wolf made mistake in that famous video where recovery speed tested. Huge mistake.
Simply you can not swing SE like any other fast motion detector. SE is non motion and need slow swing, 4 seconds per swing. Second; factory preset is not so good (nothing new). There is option to adjust; FAST or/and DEEP recovery in SE menus. Huge difference!
When switched in IRON MASK mode and IRON MASK lowered to cover only 10% of LCD, SE performs like hell! Coin next to long iron nail is cleary detected. No problem! Just listen tones. One tone for coin and quite different pitched for nail. Impossible to miss! Impossible to skip!
I already posted remark on that video in the past. Now i am more sure i was right. SE is not having problem with recovery speed at all. It is all just in proper understanding of machine and proper adjustments.
In same video series Norfolk Wolf presented XP Gold Maxx Power as best performing machine, especially when recovery speed tested. I can partially agree. Now having my own SE and also having XP near me (my brother in law detector) i can perform detailed tests to both machines at the same time. Don't guess me wrong, XP is splendid machine also. But...it is not even in same league with SE when discrimination is subject. Can't compete with SE at all.
One thing is when you put coin and nail on wooden batten and quite another thing is when you put those items in real soil at descent depth...let's say 30cm deep.
SE see those items the same. Cleary discriminate with no doubts at all.
XP is perplexed!!! Mixing tones!!? Deep enough but mixing tones!!??
I was disappointed much yesterday!
I couldn't tell which target is coin and which was nail for sure!?
Tones at both targets are mum and mixed!??
Norfolk Wolf's videos (batten part) are not reliable and illustrative.
Yet parts in videos that shows performances on buried items are ok, but we must keep on mind that those items were at shallow depths than.
Yesterday i did tests at much deeper items, deeper than 30cm in soil.
Both machines see 1e coin at 35cm depth burried in soil. SE discriminate with no errors, XP is perplexed.
Closest machines (and best on market today) are still SE and DFX. Performs almost identical in all tested conditions. So my top list remained unchanged for long period:
1) DFX&SE
2)empty
3)empty
4)empty
5)empty
6) XP GoldMAxx Power
...
Leave a comment:
-
Yesterday first day outdoor with new SE. Splendid!
First few minutes i was "showered" with plenty "yoola! yoola!" orchestra from speaker, but than i realized how to adjust it more properly.
Splendid!
Actually i have feeling that it is sort of non motion! Splendid!
Deep! Very deep!
Only problem i still have is accurate pinpointing. Always misjudge it for 2-3cm left or right! In time i will overcome it for sure.
Now....
Need nice weather!
Leave a comment:
-
NO, it's HERE, I will have the ONE AND ONLY on the planet by next week!!Originally posted by joecoin View Post"The new Pulse Devil NEMESIS" seems to have vaporized?
This is, I can't keep it as Dave wants it back, but it will be IN the UK on test soon (I would say where, but Milenab would just try to steal it - as they have tried before). Thieves, nothing more!
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: