Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sandbanks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gerson
    replied
    Originally posted by Orbit View Post
    My opinion is that you do not change the pcb that is in the magazine from the link provided by Geo Max because a different layout can affect the stability of the device! It is only necessary to make a good transformer, nothing more!Sand detector original version, works best transformer can be easily made best use ferrite round transformer which raises voltage from oscillator 4011 to some 24 to 28v and then 7812 lowers it to 12v. Power supply ic is a total of 17v. I made about 5 or 6 pieces very stable in operation! The changes made by Strujas are my changes for quick reaction, I also used them in real search.Replace R31 with a 50k Potentiometer to be able to sample from 15us - 25us earlier I used a 32cm diameter coil and 17 turns of 0.45mm or 0.50mm copper wire the resistance of R31 would be somewhere around 17k if I remember correctly they would have sampled at 15us..Buy a ferrite core to fit on the original pcb, those transformers are somewhere around 1.5cm in size. wind two coils simultaneously and 100 rounds of thin wire 0.025mm or similar, when you have wound 100 rounds on those 100 rounds, wind another 8 rounds to 10, but only one wire and the transformer just need to be put and connected in place, sometimes you may need a capacitor on cd 4011 change to achieve if I remember some 32 or more khz for the transformer to deliver a stable 24v.
    I also thank you, Orbita, for giving me more details about this project. I will try to reproduce it as you instructed.

    Leave a comment:


  • gerson
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoMax View Post
    Hello Gerson,

    Here is some information regarding the Sandbanks PI. The Sandbanks PI refers to the original circuit design that was published in Practical Wireless magazine in 1979. Later, someone made minor modifications to the power supply section and named the circuit "ProScan." Subsequently, another individual from Poland redrew the circuit using modern, readily available components, resulting in the "PI-Polones." While other names for this same detector do circulate online, they are all fundamentally based on that original Sandbanks PI from 1979.​
    Thanks Geo for the information.

    Leave a comment:


  • scs-bg
    replied
    It is difficult to make a better pulse detector. From experience I know that at 220 hertz it works perfectly. There is only a problem in the temperature drift of the JFET transistor of the VSO.

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    My opinion is that you do not change the pcb that is in the magazine from the link provided by Geo Max because a different layout can affect the stability of the device! It is only necessary to make a good transformer, nothing more!Sand detector original version, works best transformer can be easily made best use ferrite round transformer which raises voltage from oscillator 4011 to some 24 to 28v and then 7812 lowers it to 12v. Power supply ic is a total of 17v. I made about 5 or 6 pieces very stable in operation! The changes made by Strujas are my changes for quick reaction, I also used them in real search.Replace R31 with a 50k Potentiometer to be able to sample from 15us - 25us earlier I used a 32cm diameter coil and 17 turns of 0.45mm or 0.50mm copper wire the resistance of R31 would be somewhere around 17k if I remember correctly they would have sampled at 15us..Buy a ferrite core to fit on the original pcb, those transformers are somewhere around 1.5cm in size. wind two coils simultaneously and 100 rounds of thin wire 0.025mm or similar, when you have wound 100 rounds on those 100 rounds, wind another 8 rounds to 10, but only one wire and the transformer just need to be put and connected in place, sometimes you may need a capacitor on cd 4011 change to achieve if I remember some 32 or more khz for the transformer to deliver a stable 24v.

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Hello Gerson,

    Here is some information regarding the Sandbanks PI. The Sandbanks PI refers to the original circuit design that was published in Practical Wireless magazine in 1979. Later, someone made minor modifications to the power supply section and named the circuit "ProScan." Subsequently, another individual from Poland redrew the circuit using modern, readily available components, resulting in the "PI-Polones." While other names for this same detector do circulate online, they are all fundamentally based on that original Sandbanks PI from 1979.​

    Leave a comment:


  • gerson
    replied
    Originally posted by strujas View Post
    Corected schematic
    Hi Strujas. Could you make the PCP/PB diagram for this version of your sandbank schematic available here? I found the separate circuit you posted in the schematic very interesting. I would greatly appreciate it if you could publish it here, or send it to my email address: [email protected]

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by samir3 View Post
    its good send me the cercuit
    The Sandbank project is here:

    Leave a comment:


  • samir3
    replied
    its good send me the cercuit

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Jaick
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    As was stated in the 'find arrow' thread. Gold is very variable with detector's response.

    The Alloy and size and shape and take part in how a detector responds to gold.

    Therefore, Dig All.

    The last Gold ring (14K with four diamonds) ID'ed as a small piece of Can Slaw.
    A small gold locket (14K) id'ed in the Brass range (gun shells).

    But since I was digging all I found them.
    i'm a dig-all guy too
    but i want that to test pi detectors
    as you know often pi detectors doesn't detect gold so well including sandbanks
    the last time i tried to detect a thin 14k gold ring with a 30cm (12in) coil i almost had to place the ring on the coil cover
    to be able to detect the ring. ***\ Atrocious /***
    hopefully they can detect a big chunk of gold at least...

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    As was stated in the 'find arrow' thread. Gold is very variable with detector's response.

    The Alloy and size and shape and take part in how a detector responds to gold.

    Therefore, Dig All.

    The last Gold ring (14K with four diamonds) ID'ed as a small piece of Can Slaw.
    A small gold locket (14K) id'ed in the Brass range (gun shells).

    But since I was digging all I found them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Jaick
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    dig all. this is first rule.
    oh that one of course
    but i don't want it for that
    currently i'm working on felezjoo and wanted to find the best setting for gold
    kinda calibrate the damn thing, any ideas?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Jaick
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    You need to go to the Tech Forum.
    there are so many threads
    maybe i can find something relevant
    or start new one for more complex questions
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Jaick View Post
    Hello everyone
    I have some miscellaneous questions but i don't know where to ask on this forum?
    for example:
    which metal responds like gold when metal detecting with either a pulse induction or a VLF detector??
    copper for pulse induction and nickel for VLF???

    Or what is CCTX technology and how you implement it??

    like these questions , experimental and technical
    dig all. this is first rule.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    You need to go to the Tech Forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Jaick
    replied
    Hello everyone
    I have some miscellaneous questions but i don't know where to ask on this forum?
    for example:
    which metal responds like gold when metal detecting with either a pulse induction or a VLF detector??
    copper for pulse induction and nickel for VLF???

    Or what is CCTX technology and how you implement it??

    like these questions , experimental and technical

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X