Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sandbanks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    which parts did you change?

    i inserted irf740 direct with no changes and it runs
    I am happy to hear that. I did not want to have to buy more parts.

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    So I have the impression, PiPolones, Sandbanks
    prefer low inductances, 200-250?H
    Wire length approx. 12.5 m

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Jaick
    replied
    Originally posted by Andi68 View Post
    I think, 400/500 V Mosfets are enough
    thank you very much guys, all of you
    now the question is does it worth it to make that coil(described above) for higher depth?
    Or I can make another one with enameled 0.75mm to perform just as good ?

    the strengths of that coil that i made last night are:
    higher magnetic field(strong TX) --> due to it's lower resistance and more current flow
    high inductance(better RX) --> as master said 19 turns makes about 550uH due to coil calculator
    lower Capacitance(faster swipe) --> because of that PVC insulator

    (It sounds like a commercial, doesn't it?)

    downsides:
    it's freaking HEAVY.

    correct me please if i'm wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    I think, 400/500 V Mosfets are enough

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Jaick
    replied
    is 400v(IRF740) or 500v(IRF840) breakdown voltage enough for such a coil?
    Or may I go with 1000v(11nk100z)?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Jaick
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    19 turns of 1mm wire on a 250mm radius coil should result in an inductance of 565uH.
    If your mosfet is getting very hot then the problem is something else. I assume you know that the IRFZ46 only has a breakdown voltage of 55V?
    damn it, i knew that very well but i thought the emf made up on drain is gonna get limited due to the back to back diodes in the pre_amp input
    and i saw the back emf is cutting off around 55v....ahhh
    silly me i rewind it all the way back
    do you think it would work ?
    i have IRF740 , IRF840
    i can make it again no problem if it helps the depth

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    19 turns of 1mm wire on a 250mm radius coil should result in an inductance of 565uH.
    If your mosfet is getting very hot then the problem is something else. I assume you know that the IRFZ46 only has a breakdown voltage of 55V?

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    I took R6 / 27 ohms, R7 is the same.
    At the gate I now have about 10V voltage.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.Jaick
    replied
    Hello forum
    I just wanted to share this little experiment that i had last night with my Pi Polones(it's funny)
    I made a 50cm round coil:
    1mm stranded wire
    19 turns 0,6 ohms DC resistance
    yeah you guessed it, toasty as hell

    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-09-17_02-12-40.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	358185
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-09-17_02-12-37.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	358186

    imagine IRFZ46 (high current VMOS) with a big heat sink was cooking like a piece of steak in a pan
    rewind it and test it at 15 turns with 0,4 ohms resistance
    same result
    it didn't detect any thing, with damping resistor range of 180 ohms to 1.2k i don't know if it was the coil or the circuit ?!

    now i've rewind all of that to go with something more reasonable
    my available options for copper wire are:
    0,5 mm enameled
    0,75 mm enameled
    1 mm enameled

    1mm is not gonna work i've already tested the stranded one.
    I've done the 0,5mm before for a 60cm loop 14 turns but not any satisfying result
    now i'm thinking of 0,75mm maybe 15 turns
    my target is slow, big, and Deep

    Any suggestions on that will appreciated.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    I tried to drag a jpeg image unto editor, without success.
    Marty, everything looks good. I changed 3 resistors from RM5 to RM7,5
    I exported the JPEG image but forgot to save the updated Sprint file....
    It is better all resistors footprints are kept to fit 1/4W so as to avoid mounting verticle. The damping resistor footprint should also be changed for possible 1W resistor.

    Marty, all looks good. Very well done.

    820k under lf357 changed to 1M

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by Andi68 View Post
    An IRF740 also works very well.
    If the transistor is replaced by a mosfet,
    the voltage divider must be adapted to the required gate voltage of the mosfet
    which parts did you change?

    i inserted irf740 direct with no changes and it runs

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Ok, Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Andi68
    replied
    An IRF740 also works very well.
    If the transistor is replaced by a mosfet,
    the voltage divider must be adapted to the required gate voltage of the mosfet

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    irf840 is ok you can use it

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    detector runs smooth with irf630
    but i will try some updates like irf840, another damping resistor and maybe another gain factor
    sometime the irf630 gets immediatly hot when i use other coils with higher resistance than 1R and more ?H

    22AWG (0,6mm) copperwire 300?H is ok, but i think i will get trouble when building a 1m frame coil with 0,8 wire 8 turns + 2m of connection cable

    maybe you have any suggestions
    Did you try an IRF840?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X