Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sandbanks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bernte_one
    replied
    just a short feedback after months

    pi polones (sandbanks clone) works soild

    usefull to use one additionel offboard pot instead of the trimmer, so it is easy to change coils without opening the detector
    works good with 3s 18650 liion cells,
    use small speakers instead of piezo

    some improovements can be made by adding some other resistor and caps here and there

    Leave a comment:


  • gerson
    replied


    Arionas. Yes, I already have all the downloads, so I liked yourslayout by having the potentiometers attached to the printed circuit board. I need the B / W file to print a starter card. Thank you


    Arionas. Yes, I already have all the downloads, so I liked yourslayout by having the potentiometers attached to the printed circuit board. I need the B / W file to print a starter card. Thank you
    Last edited by gerson; 07-08-2020, 01:01 AM. Reason: sorry for problems with google translator

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by gerson View Post
    Arionas. Voc? pode publicar ou arquivo .lay aqui para poder fazer um PCB caseiro. Gostei muito do seu design. OBRIGADO.

    Please read the forum rules -> Basic Rules of the Forums
    and make your posts in English.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arionas
    replied
    Originally posted by gerson View Post
    Arionas. Voc? pode publicar ou arquivo .lay aqui para poder fazer um PCB caseiro. Gostei muito do seu design. OBRIGADO.
    Look all post ....and downlod pcb and sxema....

    Leave a comment:


  • gerson
    replied
    Arionas. Voc? pode publicar ou arquivo .lay aqui para poder fazer um PCB caseiro. Gostei muito do seu design. OBRIGADO.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    detector runs smooth with irf630
    but i will try some updates like irf840, another damping resistor and maybe another gain factor
    sometime the irf630 gets immediatly hot when i use other coils with higher resistance than 1R and more ?H

    22AWG (0,6mm) copperwire 300?H is ok, but i think i will get trouble when building a 1m frame coil with 0,8 wire 8 turns + 2m of connection cable

    maybe you have any suggestions

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Omega's are really easy to tune and I'll be forming some coil shells for them once my new hotbox is built. I'll post a new thread on the Omegas when I've finished them and tested them etc,,Regards,,,Marty
    Interested in this subject

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @BerntOne,,,,I wish you more success than I,,Good luck with your build. Regards,,Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    i know that feeling

    waste of time and money, but still not given up

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Well,,,,I really don't know what to say,,,,,This is the 8th version of the PI Polones unit I've made over the last 2 years and to me it's the same old story, I just haven't been able to get any one of them working yet. I used to think it was all my fault and put it all down to lack of experience or lack of skill or something but now I don't think it's me - it's the Polones. One of the pcb's I made was a proper pcb and I spent a whole week taking my time with it,,,when I fired it up the Mosfet instantly got hot with or without a coil,,,same thing with all the other 7 versions,,,this version I've just made blew the 79L05 as soon as I switched on,,I swapped it out and this time the mosfet got seriously hot so I turned it off for fear of damaging any other IC's etc,,,,I don't think I'll be making another Polones. It takes me the same length of time to make other, better PI's like the Mirage, that are proven and work 1st time so I know it's not my soldering etc,,,Really disappointed with the Polones as I was hoping to get at least 'one' working to add to my collection. I'm going to spend my time a bit more constructively now and concentrate on my 3rd IDX PRO as I've finally built a few working Omega coils that I've got to work for the IDX/IGSL and TGSL,,,,I found that can build these coils better and more accurate than my DD's and concentrics,,I've had no luck whatsoever with concentrics,, I'm a bit better with DD's but struggling to make coil shells for them till my new Hotbox is finished,,,Omega's are really easy to tune and I'll be forming some coil shells for them once my new hotbox is built. I'll post a new thread on the Omegas when I've finished them and tested them etc,,Regards,,,Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @BerntOne,,,,,Let us know how your build goes,,,I'm half way through building my 100mm x 0mm DIY Polones pcb,,I should be finished by tomorrow,,,I'll let you know if it works or not. Regards,,,Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    thanks for watching and searching the mistake on my pcb version
    hope we can do that in german forum unteil end of november
    pcb?s arrived yesterday

    maybe some other interested diy builder from europe? i could send it with a letter?
    i didnt fount ten people, so some pcbs are over

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks DB,,,I did notice though that I'd made a mistake on the pcb I posted,,I placed the BC327 upside down!,,so I'm glad I went over it again and corrected it when I changed the 7805 to 78L05,,,I've etched a pcb for the smaller Polones 2019 board I drew,,while I'm waiting on some IC Blocks I've ordered I'm going to start placing all the small stuff (Resistors/diodes etc,,),,,Hopefully, if the original board was Ok and I copied it Ok, then it should work. I'm not sure what the coil data is though but I've plenty of good PI Coils in the 300uh-450uh range for testing it,,,,Thanks again DB and I'll let you know the results. Regards,,,Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    @Dbanner,,,On the Layout I posted earlier, would I be able to substitute a 78L05 for the 7805? (Probably a silly 'Newbie' question, lol),,and if so, have I placed it correctly, pinout wise, on the board? I ask only because I have plenty of 78L05's and no 7805's at hand and didn't want to just order some in order to build this 'One' board to see if it works ok. Thanks in advance Db,,Regards,,,Marty.
    Common mistake, the 78L05 is tricky pinout. Pin 1 is the output and pin2 the ground, pin3 is the input.
    You have it correct.It is rated 100mA, I think it is OK for this circuit. The +5V powers only the chips, which altogether should not use more than 100mA.
    I destroy a few 78l05 along the way, because I assumed it was standard pinout of 7805, but it is reverse!!!!
    I keep forgetting this sometimes.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Dbanner,,,On the Layout I posted earlier, would I be able to substitute a 78L05 for the 7805? (Probably a silly 'Newbie' question, lol),,and if so, have I placed it correctly, pinout wise, on the board? I ask only because I have plenty of 78L05's and no 7805's at hand and didn't want to just order some in order to build this 'One' board to see if it works ok. Thanks in advance Db,,Regards,,,Marty.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MartyJ1963; 10-29-2019, 03:25 AM. Reason: Added a photo

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X