Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD3X ( pi )

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DOOLEY
    replied
    hello DBANNER,

    on the original ( strip board version )
    it's not a 16 pin ic you see,

    it's 2 x 8 pin sockets / chips that happen to be placed together,
    they are the TL062's for earth field and 1 volt ref source.

    but does look like a single 16 pin when a wire passes directly over where the 2 chips meet.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I see a 16 pin IC on Dooley's stripboard but I don't see it on the schematic. Am I missing something?

    Leave a comment:


  • liudengyuan
    replied
    Does anyone make it? Is it ZERO useful? Is it stable? Is the detection range better than the XR71?

    Leave a comment:


  • galaksi
    replied
    Originally posted by nickel_n View Post
    I have one of the original PCB’s.
    I would love to get an error free one
    Please let us know when they become available

    Can you shared pcb up-down pictures?

    Leave a comment:


  • nickel_n
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Yes the board had some issues (so this is an error).
    If there's an interest I would build another batch, offering error free boards for those who already have this board.
    However something must be done with the sound, it's very scratchy or at least mine was.
    Probably It's best to revert that to Dooley's original sound.
    I have one of the original PCB’s.
    I would love to get an error free one
    Please let us know when they become available

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Hmm unfortunately no, 1st and only batch of boards and contain few errors here and there
    (this one noted here, few trimmers will need just 2 pins due to wrong connection of the 3rd pin, also check the 555 oscillator for proper pulse width/frequency, I remember I had to make on the fly changes to make it work proper).

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    hello eclipse....so the pcb i have is up to date and been corrected ????

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    You've got it

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    i already have the original pcb...and want to know if there is a parts list ????

    Leave a comment:


  • Old cart
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Yes the board had some issues (so this is an error).
    If there's an interest I would build another batch, offering error free boards for those who already have this board.
    However something must be done with the sound, it's very scratchy or at least mine was.
    Probably It's best to revert that to Dooley's original sound.
    Yes those vactrols have relatively slow response so filter the sound nicely.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Yes the board had some issues (so this is an error).
    If there's an interest I would build another batch, offering error free boards for those who already have this board.
    However something must be done with the sound, it's very scratchy or at least mine was.
    Probably It's best to revert that to Dooley's original sound.

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    Parts list ???

    Leave a comment:


  • galaksi
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Boards have been sent. They should arrive in 3 weeks or so. I will prepare parts list soon.
    [ATTACH]34706[/ATTACH]
    Which is incorrect? Pcb or sch. IC6 6.pin GND connected.Click image for larger version

Name:	Pcb error.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	346726

    Leave a comment:


  • Old cart
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    The sound appears to be frequency dependant btw (PPS). Overheating was fixed with turning down the frequency, was too high when overheated.
    That sound issue is curious, wonder why that is?

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    The sound appears to be frequency dependant btw (PPS). Overheating was fixed with turning down the frequency, was too high when overheated.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X