Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD3X ( pi )

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Old cart
    replied
    Fantastic. So the boards you made already have this mod on them? Do you have a parts list for all the parts?

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    To reduce duty cycle and with less modifications on the board perhaps installing a diode and playing with the adjustment trimmers could be sufficient.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	reverse+diode.png
Views:	1
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	344263

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Don't mind this attachment where discharge is connected and not the output (I did that in a hurry and didn't double check to see it).
    Next post I've corrected it - (View correct post)

    I did a simulation of the output of 555 and the simulation showed that that the signal output is inverted
    (instead of the FET being turned ON for 70-100uS it will be OFF) which if it's true will smoke out the Mosfet immediately.

    The simulator is Multisim Blue 14.

    Boards are ready & on the way!

    Leave a comment:


  • Old cart
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Additional parts might be needed for the oscillator part, what do you think?

    [ATTACH]34594[/ATTACH]
    A few questions Eclipse. What are you trying to accomplish with this mod? if you use the NE555 ( bipolar version) it should be able to adequately drive the MOSFET directly. In this mod you are driving from the discharge pin rather than from the output pin is that you intention? That could have unintended consequences if the variable capacitance of the MOSFET modulates the pulse generator.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Additional parts might be needed for the oscillator part, what do you think?

    [ATTACH]34594[/ATTACH]
    Hello eclipse
    I doubt that the "extra" work circuit that produces phase reversal.
    Could work if the signal is taken from the emitter of the BC557, because in this case no investment ...


    Jose

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Simulation files:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	osc1.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	344261
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ocs2.png
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	344262
    multisim14.rar
    Click image for larger version

Name:	osc.png
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	344259
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sch.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	344260

    Leave a comment:


  • reis_43
    replied
    Hi Dooley and Eclipse

    Why do not you unpack the file layout ?
    Unpack Td3x layout file please.. thanks for unpack layout file.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Additional parts might be needed for the oscillator part, what do you think?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	additional.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	344257

    Leave a comment:


  • Old cart
    replied
    Real solder with lead and a proper flux do make all the difference. I have several pounds of the lead solder that I started hording when lead was being phased out. The stuff monolith suggested looks good for smt.

    Leave a comment:


  • junkhunter
    replied
    sorry i ***** up this cheap stuff is crap
    Mouse over image to zoom



    Have one to sell? Sell now
    Details about 0.6mm Tin Lead Rosin Core Solder Soldering Wire 60/40 High Quanlity

    Leave a comment:


  • junkhunter
    replied
    its all about the quality of the solder wire not the solder iron stop buying 20/60 china crap like me

    Leave a comment:


  • Old cart
    replied
    Thanks guys. I will give this a try. The parts I have send were 01005 when I was out at hp. They looked like specs of dust to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Monolith the desoldering kit I use has a low melting point of 80 degrees, which gives about 10-15 seconds to desolder a component.
    Your solder paste is also good, perhaps a little more passes with the soldering iron to reheat the solder from all sides.

    Less than 0805 have never touched. Way too small.

    Leave a comment:


  • Monolith
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    I like SMT because I can easily desolder chips and stuff.. I use ChipQuik desolder. When was the last time you've desoldered 14+ pin DIP chip with regular soldering iron?
    Solder Paste Sn42/Bi57.6/Ag0.4 Low Temperature 90% metal melts @ 138C, 281F.

    Using this kind of solder makes soldering and de-soldering really easy.
    I can't read without glasses. For PCB work I use a 5"x3 magnifier. SMD parts not smaller than 0805 size. I find it much easier to work with SMD than trough hole.

    Leave a comment:


  • Old cart
    replied
    Monolith and Elipse, no argument there. I do a fair amount of work on old equipment so I am forced to remove dips. I usually just cut the leads and then suck the solder but this is a slow process. Hence the socket idea.
    I have no issues with smt other than I have difficulties seeing the parts. There are lots of advantages and I guess I should work out some kind of magnifying workstation so I can do this easier. I have used stereo microscopes before and they are great. What do you guys use or is you vison good enough to see unaided?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X