I have a reasonable sensitivity now, about 2V for the 25x25mm alu foil. About 1us TC.
The delay allows sampling now at 3.2us.
There are still noise problems to solve.
It may be a good time to look at the induction balance of the coil now. With the damping and gain getting closer to a workable situation, it is probable that we can improve on the null.
How close to Null should we aim for? With the Fyback at about 1000V we have an input of about 60V on the RX now.
The coil assembly is still open so I can try to improve on the physical Null. Then we can look at the possibilities of an electronic Null.
The TX coil has an inductance of 2.04mH, 2.8R and a SFR of about 180kHz, in circuit, with cable. 380pF distributed capacitance for coil, shielding, cable, Mosfets etc. seems acceptable.
The RX coil 300uH I still need to measure the SFR .
Leave a comment: