Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help to design a PCB for my PI design!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1843
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uC2.gif
Views:	1
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	322106


    Grounds are separated...

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by 1843 View Post
    Here's the main changes I'v done on it:


    Two opamps are used, so one has a lot of choice... AD797, AD8055, etc etc
    As you see the 7660 is synced.

    Any comment ?
    The power supply looks much improved.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    The main changes I'v done:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Main_Changes.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	322096

    Two opamps are used, so one has a lot of choice... AD797, AD8055, etc etc
    As you see the 7660 is synced.

    Any comments ?

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    OK - I note that you've already tried that as a solution, but the ATMega8 keeps stopping due to the voltage drop.

    I'm modifying the schematic at the moment...
    By using a P-MOSFET and changing the 7660 task, all the noise problems will be solved.

    Kind regards,
    1843

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by 1843 View Post
    It doesn't have the noise problem, because it's synced.
    OK - I note that you've already tried that as a solution, but the ATMega8 keeps stopping due to the voltage drop.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Have a look at the power supply on the Hammerhead II ->
    A basic PI design incorporating a PIC micro for timing control, intended as a learning platform for using uC's.


    It is very similar to your previous power supply. Perhaps it will have the same noise problems.
    It doesn't have the noise problem, because it's synced.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Have a look at the power supply on the Hammerhead II ->
    A basic PI design incorporating a PIC micro for timing control, intended as a learning platform for using uC's.


    It is very similar to your previous power supply. Perhaps it will have the same noise problems.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Here's a programmer you need... including sch, PCB layout, Ponyprog fuses...

    AVR-ISP.zip

    Leave a comment:


  • Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Sync 7660 ; pin 7 to PB1 through some buffer.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Hi all,

    After a lot of experiments... the schematic was updated:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PI-111 schematic2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	322094

    Because of using LP filters, the 7660 noise is reduced more than 50%.

    Now you only need a PCB to build this PI.

    Kind regards,
    1843

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Götz von Berlichingen View Post
    When using 78xx or 79xx, i always add 100nF Capacitors at Input and Output.
    Without them, i get low Output Voltage or the Thing starts Oscillating.
    That's a good point. I always do the same.
    In fact the datasheet states that the capacitor on the output improves stability and transient response.

    Leave a comment:


  • Götz von Berlichingen
    replied
    When using 78xx or 79xx, i always add 100nF Capacitors at Input and Output.
    Without them, i get low Output Voltage or the Thing starts Oscillating.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    I found the problem of the instability.... 79L05...
    It's very late here I cannot stay awake anymore...

    ...

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by 1843 View Post
    Yes, I used a bench supply instead of the 7660. The noise faded away.But still the PI is somewhat instable even without coil.

    The noise of 7660 doesn't affect the performance much. It's constant and averages out by the software.

    The instability at the moment is most likely due to the PCB. I still need some more experiments...like disabling the sound...

    Best regards,
    1843
    Could you try adding a small wire jumper between pins 8 and 22 on the micro to improve the connection between the two ground pins?

    Leave a comment:


  • 1843
    replied
    Yes, I used a bench supply instead of the 7660. The noise faded away.But still the PI is somewhat instable even without coil.

    The noise of 7660 doesn't affect the performance much. It's constant and averages out by the software.

    The instability at the moment is most likely due to the PCB. I still need some more experiments...like disabling the sound...

    Best regards,
    1843

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X