Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnum on steroids!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nikko10
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2mrftwp (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	352058I apologize, I asked, but I did not lay out the scheme-

    Leave a comment:


  • nikko10
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180616_132523.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	352049Kind time of the day, friends! Tell me, what kind of tension should be in the points marked with arrows? I want to present my execution of the instrument-
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180531_183039.jpg.e95e8d3c3d8c9b3544ef5cce02de6c52.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	507.5 KB
ID:	352050
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180531_190411.jpg.011fe63518aaefb4efac6b1c2fc1b762.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	606.5 KB
ID:	352051Click image for larger version

Name:	20180607_213245.thumb.jpg.96799081c54aa176170b633e4e11bbe2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	352052

    Leave a comment:


  • Teletubbies
    replied
    Hello everybody,

    The latest LP Zero (see photo) based on the Golden Mask 1 circuit, has an iron volume adjustment option. Is it possible to add it to the Magnum circuit and how?

    Thanks for your reply,

    Leave a comment:


  • bandito
    replied
    In the Buy / Sell section there are ready-made Magnum boards

    Leave a comment:


  • Toros
    replied
    Ivconic,
    You are welcome again.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Koala View Post
    I would like to know that to.

    I built the IDX without screen and used it for approximately two years

    Brilliant as it is it has a few major flaws.

    Depth is bady effected by how much discrimination you use. Not so much in air test but in the field especially on small items on there edge

    The pseudo no motion is rubbish at determining the size and shape of an object.


    On mineralised ground you get false beeps due to the threshold. Not too much of a problem as you can turn it down slightly but you then can't use the pinpoint mode.


    I then then built the Bandido. The discrimination is so much better and the all metal mode a pleasure to use

    You said it all.
    My chronology was: TGSL, SMW, "Magnum on..." with exception of IGSL, which is quite different story.
    So; "Magnum on..." is the peak of that chronology.
    I warmly suggest build. It sublimates some good features on which other models lacks or partially fulfills.
    So, is it better? Overall; yes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by Tibuck19 View Post
    Isn't the bandido very much like the TGSL ? where did u get the board or did you etched it yourself
    Bandido is like many other Tesoro

    In my opinion it hit a sweet spot. Runs for ages on a single 9v battery. The no motion all metal mode is both deep and you can really feel the size and shape of targets.

    Discrimination is better than the idx. Also there are less cracks and pops in the iron.

    The board I got from silverdog. Unfortunately it was the last one. SMT but it was not hard to do and cheaper than through hole builds.

    The he only thing I didn't like was the ground balance. If you are on ground that is wildly different to ferrite you could balance the machine but loose sensitivity to silver. I might fetch it out of retirement and change the ground balance to fixed internal so I am not tempted to adjust it. Although it could have been a fault with the build of the coil.


    The the board was originally developed over on the md4u.ru site

    for the last year I have been using a bought fisher F1265X I feel the finds rate has gone up. Could be psychological but I don't think so. Basically I just switch it on and start detecting.


    I have have a pre decimal penny buried at 10" in my lawn. All three will pick it up. However the IDX will not if you run it in with the same setting that I use in the field i.e turn the discrimination down and sensitivity up. Which is fine on I nice lawn but would cause false signals in a field. I would put the IDX in last place on fields. But if there is no rubbish in the field and you run with close to zero discrimination it will still give modern machine a run for ther money

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by Koala View Post
    I would like to know that to.

    I built the IDX without screen and used it for approximately two years

    Brilliant as it is it has a few major flaws.

    Depth is bady effected by how much discrimination you use. Not so much in air test but in the field especially on small items on there edge

    The pseudo no motion is rubbish at determining the size and shape of an object.


    On mineralised ground you get false beeps due to the threshold. Not too much of a problem as you can turn it down slightly but you then can't use the pinpoint mode.


    I then then built the Bandido. The discrimination is so much better and the all metal mode a pleasure to use
    Isn't the bandido very much like the TGSL ? where did u get the board or did you etched it yourself

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by Tibuck19 View Post
    how do they compare to the TGSL and the IDX Pro ?
    I would like to know that to.

    I built the IDX without screen and used it for approximately two years

    Brilliant as it is it has a few major flaws.

    Depth is bady effected by how much discrimination you use. Not so much in air test but in the field especially on small items on there edge

    The pseudo no motion is rubbish at determining the size and shape of an object.


    On mineralised ground you get false beeps due to the threshold. Not too much of a problem as you can turn it down slightly but you then can't use the pinpoint mode.


    I then then built the Bandido. The discrimination is so much better and the all metal mode a pleasure to use

    Leave a comment:


  • steaua581
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    I am here all the time.
    Problem is that i am not easy visible!



    I shrink that much!
    Welcome back Ivica! We miss you around here brother.
    Best regards!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Melbeta
    replied
    The metal detectors that I normally use out in the field to find things, are not normally available to detector users. They have more power and sensitivity. I learned a long time ago, why train my own competition?
    Melbeta

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by reiv View Post
    Finally, glad to see You again Ivcon
    Regards

    I am here all the time.
    Problem is that i am not easy visible!



    I shrink that much!

    Leave a comment:


  • reiv
    replied
    Finally, glad to see You again Ivcon
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Tibuck19
    replied
    Originally posted by bandito View Post
    [ATTACH]43025[/ATTACH][ATTACH]43026[/ATTACH]

    After 3 weeks, there will be available who wants to write
    how do they compare to the TGSL and the IDX Pro ?

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Oh, it's just a hobby.
    ...
    Pozdrav Orbit!
    (Regards Orbit!)
    Hobby? Hah, no way. That looks like some serious work, beyond the hobby realm. You camping out in your house for weeks.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X