Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Daxxin
    replied
    what transistor can i use instead 2n2907 ..its ok 2n2222?

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Originally posted by zoomix View Post
    This is the phasemeter from élektor magazine.

    [ATTACH]22588[/ATTACH]
    Do you have a schematic?

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by Daxxin View Post
    Thanks Altair for the answer need to know also about Tr1,Tr2,Tr3,R37 and R57,what kind trimers they are?
    multiturn? do you have product code such as digikey parts etc.? thanks in advance
    Trimmers I used are common types, one turn, for PCB, purchased from local distributor.
    For pots, I have the following references from Distrelec:
    Cod. 748327
    ±Potenziometro al carbonio lineare 10 kΩ 20 %, RK097111010L-ELF, Alps, Resistenza 10kOhm, Onda ø 6mm

    Cod. 748328

    ±Potenziometro al carbonio lineare 100 kΩ 20 %, RK09711100Q2, Alps, Resistenza 100kOhm, Onda ø 6mm


    Leave a comment:


  • Daxxin
    replied
    Thanks Altair for the answer need to know also about Tr1,Tr2,Tr3,R37 and R57,what kind trimers they are?
    multiturn? do you have product code such as digikey parts etc.? thanks in advance

    Leave a comment:


  • zoomix
    replied
    PHASEMETRE DVM for nulling without oscilloscope

    Hi,

    Here the phasemeter for DVM as promised. I realized sprint layout format.

    Really necessary to adjust the phase coils and more convenient than oscilloscope.

    There is nocmenclature and tutorial to calibrate without oscilloscope.

    I recommend to calibrate to 20 ° to 15khz (for TGSL) to be certain because a phase variations show a difference on the DVM

    I am not an expert in analog electronics so for those improvements or advice, do not hesitate.

    This is the phasemeter from élektor magazine.

    PHASEMETRE DVM.rar

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by Daxxin View Post
    Hello Guys ! happy new year!

    nice job Altair i realy like your MD design , trimers and pot they are linear or logarithmic?
    Yup! Thank you for appreciating!
    Trimmer and pot. are all linear ones, as from original Ivconic design; pot. are small types, Alps brand.

    Happy new year to everyones!

    Leave a comment:


  • Daxxin
    replied
    Hello Guys ! happy new year!

    nice job Altair i realy like your MD design , trimers and pot they are linear or logarithmic?

    Leave a comment:


  • Firebox
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    Very impressive!
    Congratulation for your job!

    I am wondered how have you reached this result:
    Are there some modifications respect original design?
    How have you tuned the right capacitor for RX coil?
    No, it must be the result of my very ugly soldered Board .... see posting #1619

    no sorry , I'm joking..... it is build from the original IGSL Schematic by ivconic... the capacitor for RX is 18,3 nF and for TX is 330nF. No Mods!! Only i used 4,7uF Bipolar capacitors ..... this gives the IGSL more depth

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by Firebox View Post
    here is a video from my IGSL Musketeer with selfmade Coil. My Values for the RX= 14,16 mH and for TX= 1,03 mH. I have replaced the capacitors on RX side against 18,3 nF



    I pull tape ring is detected in 38 cm .... and a 25 öre silver coin in 30-31 cm
    Very impressive!
    Congratulation for your job!

    I am wondered how have you reached this result:
    Are there some modifications respect original design?
    How have you tuned the right capacitor for RX coil?

    Leave a comment:


  • zoomix
    replied
    Hello,

    It is a version of TGSL smd by Hugo segnior.

    can you tell me if the connection of LM358 audio is good because I see differences connection to pins 1, 2, 3
    Click image for larger version

Name:	QUESTION pcb TGSL smd.png
Views:	2
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	334364
    thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Look; that link is giving me "GIMP downloader": small and pretty nasty kind a "downloader" which will for certainly download GIMP executable installation...
    BUT ALSO will use "back door" and install pretty nasty DLL which will try to harm system on God knows what way!
    Downloader is named "FreeNewDownloader_for_Gimp.exe"!
    But i have good secured system which intercepted it and prevented it from a start!
    Along with malicious DLL that damn downloader will also suggest installing some other unwanted stuff too.
    So what i did?
    I stopped it and "pulled out" only Gimp.exe installation. Ther rest is GARBAGE!
    Gimp is now installed and working just fine.
    First starting lasted an eternity, but second starting is faster and smoother.
    Ok i like it. It is powerfull. I will keep it.
    But for previous task i would usually use as simplest as possbile software such as Paint.
    So i also founded "PaintXP" and installed it! Wow! Now i have good old Paint on Win8 too!
    ...
    Pay attention and avoid any kind of "downloaders" in future, because 99% of those are malicious garbage made by garbage-brained people!
    Maybe you didn't noticed what that garbage is doing to your system because you don't have good and clever system protection.
    Check presence of "wsk.dll" on your drive and in case you have it: ......ooooahahahahahahahahaah! What else can i say?
    I think this is most proper moment for you to switch on Win8!

    P.S.
    Anyway; thank's for suggestion! I like Gimp and i decided to keep it
    !
    Sorry about the duff link for GIMP. There are several places where you can download this excellent program, but some people try to spoil things by adding unwanted trash.
    I'm not sure where I originally downloaded GIMP for Windows XP, but there were no problems with spyware, etc. The Linux download was flawless (of course) as you can download it from a Ubuntu repository using the Ubuntu Software Centre.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by zoomix View Post
    yes I used shielded cable standard trade and then after several times the controlled output voltage RX, I reconnected the coil. It was secured with hot glue. Then after testing positive Sev, I filled epoxy resin.

    For shielding, I took the aluminum adésif. I think it is not very good because if you make the screen into several pieces, the material adésive of aluminum is not a good conductor. it is better to use aluminum roll standard for cooking.
    I agree, don't cut selfadhesive Al tape but roll it over coil in one piece.
    Assuming that you made your coil properly and assuming that it is good balanced and properly connected to cable-connectors-pcb...; than instabillity can
    come (indirectly caused) from not so good chosen LC tank elements.
    Considering L here is a fixed value; only way to correct that is to change C.
    As i recal; it should be offresonance relation by 1.9-2.2kHz (RX is higher than TX).
    So, using this, check your setup and if needed change TX and/or RX caps to match such offresonance relation.
    Instabillity also can come from gain chains and large DC offest.
    To make sure; obey original TGS/TGSL RC values from gain stages (470k,22nF,1M,22nF).

    Leave a comment:


  • zoomix
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Instabillity is mostly related to coil shielding and proper shield connection to the rest of circuitry (cable, connectors, pcb, proper wire on proper place etc...)
    Have you filled your coils with epoxy resin?
    Have you fixed them good?
    Even slightest relative movement will cause horrible changes in behavior, in case you haven't fixed your coil properly.
    yes I used shielded cable standard trade and then after several times the controlled output voltage RX, I reconnected the coil. It was secured with hot glue. Then after testing positive Sev, I filled epoxy resin.

    For shielding, I took the aluminum adésif. I think it is not very good because if you make the screen into several pieces, the material adésive of aluminum is not a good conductor. it is better to use aluminum roll standard for cooking.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by zoomix View Post
    Hello Ivonic,

    Thank you for your reply. With the first coil, I change C2 to climb to 14.6khz. Everything worked perfect but when I tested it in my field, it becomes unstable after 5 minutes of use.

    I check the phase of the first coil, it is 0.5 ° so it is not good. Yet I measured +-10mV AC on RX and rechecked several times.

    Now I'll make the TGSL and I'll check on the new coil and pcb IGSL TGSL.

    I'll make a tutorial for the construction and calibration of the phase meter and I'll post here

    thank you
    zoomix
    Instabillity is mostly related to coil shielding and proper shield connection to the rest of circuitry (cable, connectors, pcb, proper wire on proper place etc...)
    Have you filled your coils with epoxy resin?
    Have you fixed them good?
    Even slightest relative movement will cause horrible changes in behavior, in case you haven't fixed your coil properly.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Firebox View Post
    here is a video from my IGSL Musketeer with selfmade Coil. My Values for the RX= 14,16 mH and for TX= 1,03 mH. I have replaced the capacitors on RX side against 18,3 nF



    I pull tape ring is detected in 38 cm .... and a 25 öre silver coin in 30-31 cm
    Wow!
    Firebox you are beating me just like that with your air distances!!!
    Would be splendid if you finish that coil and test it on real soil.
    Even if it maintains 80% of those performances - it will be real beast!
    Congratulations!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X