Originally posted by Davor
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
IGSL
Collapse
X
-
frequencies is 14.61 khz when use 47k. If i use 100k vr, freq. change about 13-16khz but tx output voltage still around 6v. i will try BC327 or maybe other pnp transistor. 10q
-
I bought igsl tgsl from silverdog pcb. After finished installing components and for the tx coil, 6mh, Tx voltage is 6vpp using an oscilloscope. tr3 I use 47K resistors as tgsl circuit. When using TRK 100k variable, the frequency change when adjusted tr3. What is the reason?
Leave a comment:
-
I replaced all PNP and NPN with BC327 and BC337, and it was a good call. It is always a good practice to check these components before placing them on a PCB to ensure they are OK, and to make sure your polarity is OK. Apart from the 1000uF glitch, I'm quite happy with Petravka boards. I made 2 rigs with them.
Leave a comment:
-
Hello everyone
On the implementation of Petravka 1000 uF capacitor and transistors Q5, 6, 7 and 8 must be reversed
Leave a comment:
-
My mods are summarised in posts #1404 http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...718#post155718 where I put some explanations in the schematic, and a clean version is in post #1466 http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...997#post157997. There is also a "Redox" version, which is not a practical thing, but a kind of study.
On page 54 you may see a photo of my rig with a faulty 100uF capacitor still in a wrong polarity
. It is a Petravka PCB which is only marginally different from yours.
Some of the mods can work by themselves, and some can work only in a package. A pin swap in a Fe channel can be safely avoided if you pump up the gain in the discrimination channels. It will remain wrong, but due to the extra gain you'll not be able to experience it that much.
Feel free to ask before you attempt anything. At this point you must have some idea which aspects of your rig you wish to improve. Most probably you'd wish to reduce a number of knobs. Just ask.
Leave a comment:
-
hello fisherman
i think ivica has many luck to live there where he live the deepest temperature is in january i have read in middle -1,5dg celsius
while we have to fight with frozen ground and down to -25degree celsius
i suppose so fast he dont return into his workshop
at moment we have -2 till +5 celsius here so my workshop season starts already
but i have heared people tell that a stron winter is coming to serbia too
regards and nice weekend
Leave a comment:
-
Dear Davor & Ivconic,
I see that Bernte_one is as interested as myself in getting our IGSLs up to the latest version.....
Please believe me that I don't want to put any pressure on anyone, especially if it is felt to be too soon, I am willing to wait longer. (Assuming for the moment that you, Davor, are willing to do something along those lines).
I would also be pleased, if the changes were to be also "run by" Ivconic, assuming that he is willing to do that, as I am personally a great believer in "two heads are better than one!".
I don't know if my thoughts on this are either correct, valid or even possible, but from my point of view, we appear to have two really great brains here and the end result must be better when these two have some sort of agreement as to what is a good idea and how to implement it......
I have placed my IGSL in the loft to await (hopefully) such changes and additions before spring 2013.
Best wishes to all concerned.
Leave a comment:
-
hello ivica
which version of deus you use
does it work ok without remote control with headphone control only
or do you think the remote control is a must for this unit?
@davor
can you make a summary of your igsl mods
regards
Leave a comment:
-
Ohh that's terrible tough task!Originally posted by golfnut View PostIt would impress me massively if someone on here could design an architecture which could out perform the XP machines.
I would like to know the block diagram of machines like the GMP it cant be that difficult to do.
Anyone know if the GMP coils have integral preamp?
S
That's why i am discouraged already.
By me saying this; don't take me as ultimate designer (because obviously i am not) but rather take my words as words of very experienced hobbyists who had luck in life to meet all the relevant top md models that are existing.
So having on my mind all what i have experienced with those models; i am pretty discouraged now when see what Deus is capable for.
If someone take this as exaggeration: no problem, wait opportunity to get Deus and see by yourself.
WM6 as my very good friend also took my words as exaggeration... until he obtained it recently!
So... outperforming XP Deus will be almost impossible mission... at least for next several years.
Leave a comment:
-
For one, IGSL can improve a lot with a better front end. I'm not sure if it will outperform Deus, but I'm sure it can work well enough.
Key to a better rig is obviously in a better ground balance - what else!? (some ideas are on my horizon)
Leave a comment:
-
It would impress me massively if someone on here could design an architecture which could out perform the XP machines.Originally posted by ivconic View Postbecause of huge discouragement Deus brought with!
I would like to know the block diagram of machines like the GMP it cant be that difficult to do.
Anyone know if the GMP coils have integral preamp?
S
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, sort of. Cap will smooth up and relax sudden current pulls from circuitry.Originally posted by bernte_one View Posthello ivica
as protection for 7808? ok thanks
was able to indroduce project to german forum with good resonance
i am curious about the improovements which came up here
your little seed from a two channel gsl grows up to storm in diy metal detecting world
regards bernd
C12 however is not needed, i agree. But i left it because there is such one frequently seen on older projects...
Improvements... yes, Davor offered some interesting guidelines already.
I am off from doing anything in my workshop for longer period. But i intend to return to IGSL this winter.
Ever since i bought Deus; it is too tough for me to enter in to workshop and do something... because of huge discouragement Deus brought with!
Leave a comment:
-
hello ivica
as protection for 7808? ok thanksOriginally posted by ivconic View PostKeep C13.
was able to indroduce project to german forum with good resonance
i am curious about the improovements which came up here
your little seed from a two channel gsl grows up to storm in diy metal detecting world
regards bernd
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: