
A little bit on spice: it is a tool. And a good one. No real world component will give up smoke if you overdo something in spice, but a ton of surprises may come upon your precious little thing in a real world. That's for sure.
Now a look from completely different perspective. I used spice to explain myself, and everyone else with a shared interest who cared enough to fire up my sims - what exactly happens there. And what can be done to make it work better if possible. For example, I found that names for disc sens and threshold functions are in fact mutually exchanged: sens works by means of setting a threshold to trigger a comparator, while threshold trimmers actually control audio sensitivity or how loud a response will be.
I also found out the role of diodes in feedback paths of gain blocks, and a possible source of chatter - I'll try it first in vivo to be sure.
I also found out that the whole discrimination business is a 2 quadrant thing. I can live with that. It explained me the importance of connecting Rx loop in a proper polarisation to receive one beeeeeeep instead of two short beep ... beep which happen at phase reversal of a motion compensation filter.
Now I can start building my first MD with ease and competence. I can say I truly understand every bit of it.





Leave a comment: