Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGSL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Hi der_fisherman:

    Can you put a scope on the outputs of the U5 and U6 op amps (pins 7 and 8 ) while you wave a target coin about 10 to 15 cm from the coils?

    The scope should be on a sweep speed of about .1 seconds (very slow) and the vertical scale about 50 mV/div or so; not critical.

    You should be able to see the pulses when you sweep the target over the coil if all is working.

    If you see the pulses, the maybe something is wrong downstream (later stages).

    If you don't see the pulses, check the output of the previous op amp in the channel (using as sensitive a scale as you can on your scope).

    If you don't see anything at either stage, then we need to dig into what is going on with your 4066, or even before that stage.

    -SB
    I hoped to get time today, but I didn't, so I will try tomorrow.

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    Just to rule out the simple but easy to make mistake;

    Have you jumpered D1 and D2 to the chosen 4024 pads ?
    Yes I have.

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by simonbaker View Post
    Hi der_fisherman:

    Can you put a scope on the outputs of the U5 and U6 op amps (pins 7 and 8 ) while you wave a target coin about 10 to 15 cm from the coils?

    The scope should be on a sweep speed of about .1 seconds (very slow) and the vertical scale about 50 mV/div or so; not critical.

    You should be able to see the pulses when you sweep the target over the coil if all is working.

    If you see the pulses, the maybe something is wrong downstream (later stages).

    If you don't see the pulses, check the output of the previous op amp in the channel (using as sensitive a scale as you can on your scope).

    If you don't see anything at either stage, then we need to dig into what is going on with your 4066, or even before that stage.

    -SB
    I am confident with the circuitry up to the 4066, its after the (outputs from the) 4066 that I appear to have problems.....

    regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • Amalio
    replied
    Originally posted by petravka View Post
    Hi Amalio, on my machine, the sound was instability because of the speaker.Must not be torn.
    Hello Petravka

    this is not my problem, my IGLS ferrite not see four inches above the sound acting almost constantly.

    I have tried to changing ic, with no results, I have doubts with the connecting cable of the coil, not used before by me.

    I'm looking for cable replacement.

    you in its coil coils conpensacion ¿?

    can give details of your coil?

    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Just to rule out the simple but easy to make mistake;

    Have you jumpered D1 and D2 to the chosen 4024 pads ?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • simonbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Hi All,

    I need a bit of help as I cannot get my IGSL to do anything like making a noise at all!

    The -6.2 volts and the 8 volts are found on all chip sockets at the correct points.

    There is about 8 volts sine wave on the Tx coil.

    The problem appears to be around the 4066, I have replaced it 3 times with no change.

    The output of U1a from pin 1 can be seen on the scope at U11 on pins 1, 3, 8 and 10.

    There are also signals on the 4066 Pins 13, 5, 6 and 12 from U4d pin 13, U4c pin 14, U4b pin 1, U4a pin 2 .

    But I see only a (slightly) changing DC level on the 4066 pins 2, 4, 9 & 11 when turning the related pots or trimmers, where I would expect to see some part of the input signal, modified by the ON/OFF signal on the 4066 output pins.....

    I suspected the 220 nF Caps and removed C39, but it tests out perfectly, I am loath to remove the others just for testing. I had hoped that there was a short to ground there....

    If I lift the pins 11, 9, 4 & 2 of U11 out, I can see signals being output on them using the scope, though they may be of very high impedance and I am just picking them up "across" the gate....

    I have cleaned the PCB again of any flux residue and gone over the pcb with a high powered magnifying glass looking for shorts, breaks and dry joints. I may have to get the soldering iron hot again and touch each one to be sure.

    I have set the coils at both a good null and offset to around 10mVolts to no effect.

    I have also reversed one coil just in case.

    All to no effect. Still no "signals" from out of the 4066 when connected correctly.

    My next idea is to replace some of the Diodes as measuring them in circuit may not be quite good enough, though there is a difference depending upon the polarity of the meter leads that suggests the diodes are OK.

    The strange part is that I have also replaced every single chip as least once on the PCB.

    Also that all 4 signals FROM the 4066 are affected.....The version I am using is the HCF4066BEY that appears to have a sightly increased voltage range as the main difference.....but the problems have been the same from all the parts I have had, including the 4066 from SilverDog....

    Thanks for any help and regards from

    Andy
    Hi der_fisherman:

    Can you put a scope on the outputs of the U5 and U6 op amps (pins 7 and 8 ) while you wave a target coin about 10 to 15 cm from the coils?

    The scope should be on a sweep speed of about .1 seconds (very slow) and the vertical scale about 50 mV/div or so; not critical.

    You should be able to see the pulses when you sweep the target over the coil if all is working.

    If you see the pulses, the maybe something is wrong downstream (later stages).

    If you don't see the pulses, check the output of the previous op amp in the channel (using as sensitive a scale as you can on your scope).

    If you don't see anything at either stage, then we need to dig into what is going on with your 4066, or even before that stage.

    -SB

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    Post a high quality image of your board and I will cross check it against mine

    Plus your coils -
    Top, bottom or both?
    regards
    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Post a high quality image of your board and I will cross check it against mine

    Plus your coils -

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    I just checked mine, output from 4066 is barely noticeable
    Just put a multimeter on one of the Lf347 pin 1 or 8 you should see a voltage change with detection, if you do then the 4066 is good

    Leave a comment:


  • petravka
    replied
    Originally posted by Amalio View Post
    More friends here with homemade coils IGLS musketeer to share experiences

    regards

    Hi Amalio, on my machine, the sound was instability because of the speaker.Must not be torn.

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Thanks, I will check that tomorrow again. But as there is nothing going in except a change (slight) in DC levels when pots are rotated, from the 4066, I do not expect much any further on either.....
    regards
    Andy
    Last edited by der_fisherman; 09-27-2011, 09:15 PM. Reason: adding text

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    Have you checked the outputs of U5 b & c and U6 b and c ? You should see some noise on the scope and you should also see some changes when you wave something past the coil.
    If you get anything at these outputs when you put something past the coil then the problem is further on and probably not the 4066's. It is much easier to see the signal after the amp's.

    Just a thought.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    IGSL Problems

    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    Are the square waves driving the 4066 being pulled to ground, or do they swing to +8V?
    I will check again tomorrow and post back to you. Its already 10:45 in the evening here.....

    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    The JFETs in the TGSL were pulled to ground but those 4066 switch control signals should be pulled to +8V. Is there a possibly a routing error?
    What do you mean by "routing error"? I am using the SilverDog PCB which several others are using with no problems at all. I do have the wrong filter caps, but according to Ivconic that will not prevent it working and the problems I have are in an area "before" those filter caps.....

    Many thanks for your reply, see you tomorrow.

    Regards

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by der_fisherman View Post
    Hi All,


    ... till no "signals" from out of the 4066 when connected correctly.


    Thanks for any help and regards from

    Andy
    Are the square waves driving the 4066 being pulled to ground, or do they swing to +8V?

    The JFETs in the TGSL were pulled to ground but those 4066 switch control signals should be pulled to +8V. Is there a possibly a routing error?

    Leave a comment:


  • der_fisherman
    replied
    Problems getting my IGSL, DIY Coils PCB to work

    Hi All,

    I need a bit of help as I cannot get my IGSL to do anything like making a noise at all!

    The -6.2 volts and the 8 volts are found on all chip sockets at the correct points.

    There is about 8 volts sine wave on the Tx coil.

    The problem appears to be around the 4066, I have replaced it 3 times with no change.

    The output of U1a from pin 1 can be seen on the scope at U11 on pins 1, 3, 8 and 10.

    There are also signals on the 4066 Pins 13, 5, 6 and 12 from U4d pin 13, U4c pin 14, U4b pin 1, U4a pin 2 .

    But I see only a (slightly) changing DC level on the 4066 pins 2, 4, 9 & 11 when turning the related pots or trimmers, where I would expect to see some part of the input signal, modified by the ON/OFF signal on the 4066 output pins.....

    I suspected the 220 nF Caps and removed C39, but it tests out perfectly, I am loath to remove the others just for testing. I had hoped that there was a short to ground there....

    If I lift the pins 11, 9, 4 & 2 of U11 out, I can see signals being output on them using the scope, though they may be of very high impedance and I am just picking them up "across" the gate....

    I have cleaned the PCB again of any flux residue and gone over the pcb with a high powered magnifying glass looking for shorts, breaks and dry joints. I may have to get the soldering iron hot again and touch each one to be sure.

    I have set the coils at both a good null and offset to around 10mVolts to no effect.

    I have also reversed one coil just in case.

    All to no effect. Still no "signals" from out of the 4066 when connected correctly.

    My next idea is to replace some of the Diodes as measuring them in circuit may not be quite good enough, though there is a difference depending upon the polarity of the meter leads that suggests the diodes are OK.

    The strange part is that I have also replaced every single chip as least once on the PCB.

    Also that all 4 signals FROM the 4066 are affected.....The version I am using is the HCF4066BEY that appears to have a sightly increased voltage range as the main difference.....but the problems have been the same from all the parts I have had, including the 4066 from SilverDog....

    Thanks for any help and regards from

    Andy

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X