Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VLF Magnum Build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • turtlebowl
    replied
    Hi Gary, lost your number but thought I'd post here a follow up to the info on electronic parts in Bangkok / Pattaya. It'l be here for ever when you need it. I am here now by the way.
    Went to the Magnet wire store today. I'd never been before, just heard about it. Turns out it is just a motor rewind shop but they have huge stacks of all wire types. Number 41 wire was $20 USD for a kilo roll. Number 30 about the same.
    The shop is located where I said in the last post but it is on the East side of Sukhemvit road and sets under the pedestrian catwalk.
    Also another electronic shop location. This one called "M electronics". There is a "Philips" electronics sign in englisk. 1 block behind Tucom Shopping center on Pattaya road south. On Soi Day / Night. Phone 038-723317 Nice selection and speak english a bit.
    Regarding the transistor and chips...... you should come prepaired with several alternate brand part numbers. As the shop keepers will not cross reference for you. To difficult to communicate.
    Prefix LT, BC, LF , M are fairly common but LM , LF, ect not so much. Had Tl082 but no 442 I still cannot find any PNP Darlingtons becuase I just do not know the numbers that are common here and these shops have 100's of drawers. They have what we need but just not the brands/numbers we are used to. No problems if know what brands and part numbers are common in Thailand before heading out to the stores I spoke of.
    Anyways give me a call man if you can come down, I'll be here for a few weeks more.
    08-00162637 Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • baht7
    replied
    Gentlemen

    whats word on the shielded cable?

    individual or tristed pairs shielded?

    Leave a comment:


  • baht7
    replied
    Thxs Qai

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by baht7 View Post
    Im not seeing my post till after I log in and click Quick reply.
    Is there a problem?
    If you are trying to attach a photo to your post, scroll down the page until you see "Additional Options". Then select "Manage Attachments".

    Any links you post, that point to photos on your own computer, will only be viewable by yourself. No-one else wil be able to see them. Check your recent posts from another computer.

    Leave a comment:


  • baht7
    replied
    Dang Im dumb....I forgot to page forward

    Leave a comment:


  • baht7
    replied
    Im not seeing my post till after I log in and click Quick reply.
    Is there a problem?

    Leave a comment:


  • baht7
    replied
    I was wondering about the individual shielded 4 conductor cable. Post didnt make it it appears.

    Cable from the search head to the control box.

    is there an alternate shielded cable or I am stuck with each conductor being shielded.
    I can always use Microphone wire, but I was wondering about the shielding. Is this unit (Magnum VLF) really that sensitive?

    Leave a comment:


  • baht7
    replied
    Noted on the card
    thxs

    Leave a comment:


  • baht7
    replied
    4 conductor individual screened wires.......VLF Magnum Unit...From search head to control unit. cant locate in 2 meter lengths this wire. Option (1) ask for for for advice. Option (2) Uses 4 pieces of Mic wire.

    The Gold nuggets u mentioned Turle...yes they are here but Thais look for lost Rolexs at the beach mostly.

    They come out in wolf packs on the beaches...

    If you ever come back over..Give me call Turle

    Gary N Bangkok

    Leave a comment:


  • turtlebowl
    replied
    BahtMan,
    Here is a scan of the Business Card for the shop I spoke of. When you get to Pattaya just show the Taxi guy . I don't read this jibberish but the address must be on there somewhere.
    There is a baht bus running from downtown Pattaya to Naklua for 10 baht that goes to the foot of Swang Fa Road if you want to travel from downtown that way. A short walk up the Sawang road to the shop.
    The shop itself is small but crambed with boxes and drawers of discrete components etc. You'll love it.
    TB
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • baht7
    replied
    Now thats infomation I like..... Ill will go to those places you mentioned. This dragon teeth searching for parts is a head ache.

    Leave a comment:


  • turtlebowl
    replied
    Bahtman,
    Bahtman,
    I asked about the Mineralization becuase you had been asking about coil and machine design. The types of which can be tailored or chosen for a particular type of soil as you know. Also was just curious of what type of soils were there. Mainly if the beaches are zero black/iron/mineral like the USA SW beaches or very mineralised/irony/black like here in the NW USA.
    All this also becuase recently saw some videos of several Thais with metal detectors hunting for and finding nuggets, I do not know where as I don't speak Thai very well.
    Somewhere on the net I saw a chart/map of soil / mineral content which was easy to use. You just clicked on a map the area you wanted info on. Can't remember where that was either.
    Anyways good luck on the project.
    On wire and electronics parts: If your into a nice Sunday drive about 60 miles There is a shop located in Pattaya that is easy to find which has boxes and boxes of anything imaginable for discrete components. As well as project enclosures and wire just down the street. All Cheap. While I am thinking of it there is another electronics parts house in the basement of "Tucom Shopping center" on Pattaya South, 4 or 5 blocks up from Beach road.
    The big electronics parts store is located just across from the Naklua (North Pattaya) city outdoor market. The market is on Sawang Fa Road about halfway between Sukhemvit highway and Naklua-Pattaya road. Phone number is: 038-222277 or 038-221680. The old man speaks great English the daughter a good bit also.
    Enamaled wire is in the first block to the south of where Sawang Fa meets Sukhemvit Rd.
    The old man at the Electronics Store told me of the wire shop,( I haven't been there ), when I showed him a piece of Coil Wire.
    This is a great time of year to go to the beach and have alittle fun.
    Regards, TB

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Where did you find all the bullets ?

    Leave a comment:


  • baht7
    replied
    Turtlebowl

    Im not sure.

    Good question...I might need to Google that one.

    Ive looked at some of the stream beds...nothing apparently rusty or heavy volcanic like Mexico...lots of crystals in the sand. Rocks/boulders are blotted hard Dark Gray to bright white perhaps granite. I have noticed in farm areas the ground is dark gray to very black, perhaps it is volcanic in origins, I can visit a rock yard and take a few photos for you if u like.

    Im in the process of building 2 units, 1 VLF and 1 Pulse.

    Twice a month I gather field data, just started on that.

    What I have encountered is the locals eye you real hard when they see your not 1 of them and your holding a map and a compass and a laptop on the hood of your car, they wanna know why the hell your digging around in the sand on the side of a mountain village road in the middle of God who knows where.

    Im not sure if I dislike the attention....Hollywood thrill perhaps. All I know is this...If I fine a single item worth $5..Ill be ran off in a heart beat.

    Ive decided on 2 types of searches, I call 1 Passive the other Aggressive.

    Passive to me is streams and creeks and Mountain Buhhdist temples. Aggressive is Historical.


    I know I drift off your question but I want to see what responses came back.


    Gary in Bangkok

    Leave a comment:


  • turtlebowl
    replied
    Hey Baht

    Just curious what amounts of mineralization you must deal with over there in Thailand?
    Heavy, lite, medium?? How about the beaches? Heavy or lite iron/minerals in the beach sands??

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X