V3i Advanced User's Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V3i Advanced User's Guide

Here are the first 7 chapters for the V3i User's Guide that I wrote when I worked for White's. This was about half of what I planned to write but never finished it. I do not have any material beyond what is posted here and have no plans to do any more work on this. This was all written on my personal time so I am posting it as the owner.

1-Intro.pdf
    2-QuickStart.pdf
    3-BasicSettings.pdf
    4-OperatingModes.pdf
    5-AudioBasics.pdf
    6-CustomAudioDisc.pdf
    7-ExpertMenus.pdf

Feel free to ask questions, I'll do my best to answer.

- Carl

Reading the users guide makes me regret not purchasing one of these detectors when they were readily available.

Comment

Any way to get a complete list of coils that work and fit the white v3i metal detector.

I have been looking, but no one seems to know.

Thanks,

Ralph / aj4g

Comment

Originally posted by aj4g View Post
        Any way to get a complete list of coils that work and fit the white v3i metal detector.

I have been looking, but no one seems to know.

Thanks,

Ralph / aj4g
        Check out the coil section of the catalog, that will give you information on the Whites coils that work with the V3i

http://whites-detectors.com/instr/wh...talog-1-14.pdf

Comment

12" round CC
          10" DD
          950 CC
          6x10 DD
          5.3" CC
          4x6 DD

Detech might also have made an SEF coil for V3.

Keep in mind that older versions of these coils may or may not work on a V3. When the V3 was introduced all the above coil designs were updated to run at 22.5kHz and were called "V-rated" coils. I think all have a V# stamped on the loop ear. A non v-rated coil (anything made for DFX/MXT) will generally work just fine at 2.5kHz or 7.5kHz, but may overload at 22.5kHz.

Comment

greetings ... Carl ... wouldn't you think about writing an extended manual in the future about the Whites Spectra V3 Detectors ..? .-
            I think that such a book is simply a mistake for this advanced detector..and many users simply will not get important information for the proper use and understanding of the work of how the Whites Spectra detector works ...

Even after years from the 1st edition of Vision / 2009 / it can prove even in comparison with other executives that it really deserves the designation Class Top detector ... / depth range on a small 16.5mm nickel coin in weakly mineralized terrain is 12.3 "that is -31cm / ..

As for the coils for the Spectra .. detector, you can also use some coils for MXT / DFX if they meet the V-Rated parameters ... from my coils it is for example coil 18 "Detech excelerator II, and also coil Whites 5.3 CC Eclipse coil Which I'm working on Spectra V3 ... right ..

And as Carl rightly remarked ... it is very important when choosing the right coil to focus on how the coil works at 22.5khz frequency - from the coil balancing/overload/ point but also whether it correctly displays the VDI for individual types of target conductors.

about the current assortment of current suitable V-Rated coils by writing in the next report ...

I currently have all 3 models of Whites Spectra ...Spectra Vision .., Spectra V3 and Spectra V3i ...

Comment

When the V3 (Vision) was first released I had intended to write a book for it. However, Jeff Foster had also expressed an interest in writing a book, similar to what he did for the MXT & DFX, so I decided to let him have at it. For whatever reason he decided not to, and the "Advanced User's Guide" is actually the book I intended to write. I got maybe half way through it before I left White's and, working for a competitor, it didn't seem proper to continue with it. Plus, I had been using a special V3 that allowed me to do bitmap screen captures which I no longer have. Nowadays the V3 is fading away so it doesn't make financial sense to put any effort into it. I wish I had started the book sooner and completed it but that's the way the cookie bounces.

Comment

Thanks on sharing, what is your personal opinion
                if compared with up to today MF and SF metal detectors

Comment

I personally like the V3 but it doesn't perform as well as some of the newer models, especially in terms of response speed. It was never a depth demon and ground tracking can be a little squirrelly, but no one has ever equaled the SpectraGraph display.

Comment

Dear Mr. Carl, I have encountered a problem that is how to make V3I quiet down. How to adjust each program to achieve better depth. Also, 10DD and 13 coils are more stable.

Comment

I STILL maintain my 1992 Eagle Spectrum destroys the Etrac for depth AND discrimination, and I have BOTH.

Comment

Working...
                      X