Minelab does not sell parts for their detectors, with the exception of arm cuffs and things of that nature. So there are not many aftermarket parts for the Minelab detectors. Several people are working on finding parts such as potentiometers that will fit and work on the circuit boards. There is a guy on E bay that sells the end caps for the control tube/pod, but that is about it.
If you have a failure of an intergrated circuit on the circuit board only Minelab can fix that as far as I know.
If you haven't visited the metal detecting forum www.findmall.com you should there is a lot of activity on repairs and modifications in the MODIFICATION forum also the EXCALIBUR SOVEREIGN forum.
Oran Lewis
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Non-working Excalibur
Collapse
X
-
Thanks,Originally posted by otlew View PostAfter looking at your photos of the Excalibur Pod, I have to assume you pod was leaking at the switch shafts. Or possibly the control pod has cracks in the body around the switch shaft area. If the water is leaking by the shafts, you can replace the shaft O-rings. It is easy to do, you must remove the circuit board, take the switch knobs and push the shafts into the pod body. Clean the shafts and install new O-ring seals. Lubricate the O-rings with silicone grease and replace the shafts from the inside.
Yes I've alreadeay change it on an other excalibur, but on this one, it's impossible to remove silicon, it is a hard glue ....
Do you know where I can buy news replacement parts on the world? I've tried to contact Minelab, but they don't answer me...
In France, there is nothing to repair metal detector, no dealer sell replacement part, it's damage...
see you soon,
on this photo my first excalibur repair
Leave a comment:
-
After looking at your photos of the Excalibur Pod, I have to assume you pod was leaking at the switch shafts. Or possibly the control pod has cracks in the body around the switch shaft area. If the water is leaking by the shafts, you can replace the shaft O-rings. It is easy to do, you must remove the circuit board, take the switch knobs and push the shafts into the pod body. Clean the shafts and install new O-ring seals. Lubricate the O-rings with silicone grease and replace the shafts from the inside.
Leave a comment:
-
thanks a lot, I've buy an excalibur with all potentiometers siliconedOriginally posted by otlew View PostI do not have a pod to sell. If I see one I will let you know.
Oran Lewis
I've renovate it but I need to finish it, the box with the buttons... but it work very fine
ps: pardon for my bad english, i'm french
Leave a comment:
-
Hi,
I'm looking for too an Excaliburs for the case only, difficult to find it
Alain to France
Leave a comment:
-
Non-working Excalibur
I am looking to buy an Excaliburs for parts. Should not have suffered water damage. Pay up to $100 depending on condition!
Thanks,
otlewTags: None
Leave a comment: