Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOT HAPPY with Kellyco.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Treasure Writer
    replied
    Not Happy with Kallyco Either

    Originally posted by fitz View Post
    I have had two bad run ins with this company and have not even had an order filled yet. I wonder if others have had trouble with them. The don't seem very honest too me..
    Fitz.
    We run a group called "American Ghost Town Hunters" on Treasure Illustrated. We had to cancel our orders with Kellyco this Spring for 3 Garrett AT Pro's because of their inability to deliver after over 3 weeks even though they told us that they had them in stock!

    When we called to cancel the order the sales representative was belligerent as well.

    I think the issue with the company is that the 2 founders; one has died and the other is 83-84 years old are now out of the picture. I know that they lost a lot of their old personnel; about a 75% turnover in the last couple of years.

    We are now receiving better prices than Kellyco from an independent dealer out of California. We've discovered that the small independent resellers are the way to go.

    Leave a comment:


  • gsignal888
    replied
    Originally posted by SVEN1 View Post
    Remember when Walmart boasted about only selling USA made products?

    Everywhere you looks "Made in China", once upon a time it was all made in Japan.

    China has put many US and worldwide workers out of work. Now those workers are working new jobs, if they can find one for a lot less money.
    Most jobs now seem to be temporary positions or pay mininum wage or slightly above. If you look at this situation, many people can no longer afford to buy the more expensive US made products. The solution, have the products made in China at dirt cheap labor costs so the American people can buy them. Funny thing happening, prices are going up slowly on Chinese made products, eventually the Americans will not be able to afford them either. So does that mean the Chinese people will suffer joblessness to another country with even cheaper labor? I hear the Pygmies in Burma are organizing to build small cars, first one coming out will be named Cannible. They don't deal in cash, Chinese people taste pretty good to them............
    China didn't put US and worldwide workers out of work. China is a contract manufacturing country that does no marketing and build cheap. Companies in the US and worldwide contracted China to make everything and showed them the process how to it. They they spend $$$ on marketing to sell the products instead.

    Also customers buy made in China knowing well that it is not make in USA or other countries where the original company is based. Unfortunately lower price wins over quality. Although consumers expects the highest quality for the lowest price.

    Companies and consumers made today's economic market place.

    Support the remaining true manufacturers in your country. If you don't, they will either shut down and contract China to make their products to compete.

    Leave a comment:


  • metal_d_master
    replied
    Hey guys, if you are fed up with Kellyco or other dealers I just started a dealership and I will not be beat on prices. I can't advertise my sale prices but if you email me or give me a call I will basically sell you a detector at cost...IF you spread the good word about my dealership. You can find my site at http://www.metaldetectors-for-sale.com. My name is Jay and I am a pretty nice guy. Happy Hunting!

    Leave a comment:


  • HRife
    replied
    Originally posted by montepollock View Post
    a few days ago a neighbor brought over a 2 knob detector for repairs(the speaker had fallen out) I mentioned that it was probly 20 years old but He swore he,d just paid 90$ for it last Year.
    I was kind of skeptical,and told Him the only dealer I knew of that Might sell such trash was Smellyco/oddbark.
    Sure Enough
    Is this the same Stu aurebach who used to detect with Charles Garrett,and Roy Lagel?
    Do You suppose Charles even sends Christmas cards to Him Anymore?
    Happy Hunting,Mont
    It is a shame.....I used to go in and talk to Stu on a regular basis when he was on Maitland Blvd. It seems "business" ruins a lot of good men. Just look at what happened to Henry Ford.

    Leave a comment:


  • HRife
    replied
    Originally posted by sacul View Post
    I used to (try to) engage in the Explorer Forum on Findmall.com but finally realized that there were Kellyco ( and other ) stooges that were spreading false and grossly exaggerated information. One of the main things was in regards to coils - last year, it was HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED you should buy the Explorer SE Pro Coil (more depth, more separation at $199.00) I tried it and I could see no difference over the stock coil. This year, it is the SEF Butterfly coils that are available for mnany detectors. I won't mention any names but there is one prominent author/reviewer that lurks about spreading extreme falsehoods on Minelab products. DO NOT TAKE ANY ADVICE FROM HIM!!!
    Findmall was started and is still ran by detector "Dealers"....they are very biased in their opinions and forum usage!!!! And try to sell something on their classifieds.....1 detector every three months!!!!.....But Richard at Backwoods Detectors is all over the place!!!! They protect their dealers!!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    OK - I see the problem. Your link is still wrong, as it seems to have the Geotech URL at the start of the address. Here's the correct link -> http://www.detection.com/

    Remember to add "http://" at the start when posting links in the forums.
    Your right, thought I fixed that when I inserted the link, guess the Geotech part got added in on my posting too.

    At least it's straightened out now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by SVEN1 View Post
    site is working, the link was wrong.
    correct link:www.detection.com

    Also here is a link to a site to check if a site is actually up and running.
    http://www.websitenotworking.com/
    OK - I see the problem. Your link is still wrong, as it seems to have the Geotech URL at the start of the address. Here's the correct link -> http://www.detection.com/

    Remember to add "http://" at the start when posting links in the forums.

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    site is working, the link was wrong.
    correct link:www.detection.com

    Also here is a link to a site to check if a site is actually up and running.
    Website not working is a real-time website down or not status checker tool. Website down for everyone or just me? Do an independent website availability test now!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by wfbwfb1 View Post
    try that again fitz, the site you show does not work. or maybe my computer, wouldn't doubt it if it was. anyway, see if it opens for you.
    The site seems to be down - Error 404.
    I used the whois lookup service to get some more details, and it appears the expiration date is 04 May 2015. Either the site has just gone inactive, or there's a temporary technical problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • wfbwfb1
    replied
    bad site

    Originally posted by fitz View Post
    I just don't get why a company with such a large market base does these things.. I just bought a Discovery twin coil from
    www.detection.com

    They were great, quick and a good price....
    Fitz..
    try that again fitz, the site you show does not work. or maybe my computer, wouldn't doubt it if it was. anyway, see if it opens for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • fitz
    replied
    Who Ilike now.

    I just don't get why a company with such a large market base does these things.. I just bought a Discovery twin coil from
    www.detection.com

    They were great, quick and a good price....
    Fitz..

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    I remember back in the early days of Kellycoke, those fantastic treasure hunting trips you could sign up for and find gold and silver treasure. That was soooo cool. Loved their catalogs and newsletters.....never bought from them as I had a local dealer that I was buying from, who gave me better prices, so I could even resell them.
    Anyways, Stu was the man.........then I was totally disillusioned when I found out he and his crew seeded the hunt sites with reales and doubloons etc. That's when I learned the company was all hype.

    Leave a comment:


  • montepollock
    replied
    a few days ago a neighbor brought over a 2 knob detector for repairs(the speaker had fallen out) I mentioned that it was probly 20 years old but He swore he,d just paid 90$ for it last Year.
    I was kind of skeptical,and told Him the only dealer I knew of that Might sell such trash was Smellyco/oddbark.
    Sure Enough
    Is this the same Stu aurebach who used to detect with Charles Garrett,and Roy Lagel?
    Do You suppose Charles even sends Christmas cards to Him Anymore?
    Happy Hunting,Mont
    Attached Files
    Last edited by montepollock; 05-11-2010, 02:59 PM. Reason: no signature

    Leave a comment:


  • sacul
    replied
    I buy NOTHING from Kellyco!

    Originally posted by montepollock View Post
    I have also had some problems with Kellyco.It used to be the detector super store but now a lot of their detectors are trash(Trident,beachmagnum,etc) Unless I start hearing more positive reports I have blacklisted Kellco for about 5 years now,It is regreetable how the accountants can screw up a piece of american history,
    HH,Mont

    I currently buy all of my gear from either Amazon or eBay. They (Amazon) really do stock some of the more popular detectors and they have a very fair return policy! Like the Teknetics Omega. Check it out! Some, of course, are supplied by 3rd party vendors - read their policies first before ordering! Ebay can be very safe if Paypal is used. Last summer, when everyone in the Explorer Forum, was moaning about how bad the T2 was, I bought a brand new T2 for $400. on eBay from a guy that said he didn't like it (probably from listening to stooges in the forums!). Now it is virtually the hottest piece out there besides, maybe, the TDI! Last tip: I gave Amazon $79. at the beginning of the year for membership in Amazon Prime - It is a deal! Free ( TWO DAY) shipping on most items, with no minimum and overnight shipping for only $4.99! The Omega would be free two day shipping for me!!

    Leave a comment:


  • sacul
    replied
    Watch out for "Tag Teams"!

    That is unfortunate! I quit because: 1. The members sound like they do most of their detecting from an armchair and 2. They grossly exaggerate virtually everthing they discuss. What is needed are forums that are funded solely by members instead of dealers and other entrepreneurs! Watch out for "tag teams' that are always verbally wiping each other's noses while simultaniosely slobering all over each other! It's pathetic!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X