Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PI5 from ITMD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Polymer
    replied
    Geotech,

    Hmmm, I just compared your schematic with the one I got from George and there is one difference :

    Pin 5 (CONT) of IC3 (555) is NOT connected in my schematic!

    The capacitor numbering is also different in mine, C6 I have twice!!!??? But C values are the same as in your schematic.

    From what I have read about the 555, pin 5 should be connected to GND with 10nF when not used.

    GEORGE, what has happened here

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    will look this night for Errors, pcb looks clean so far
    a short look on schematic and you will see that it would make sense to add an Option for a trimpot pulsewidth on the next improoved layout
    IC3 NE555 but first it would be our Task to make this Basic Setup workable
    last evening i etched pcb for baracuda and nes500
    so my Equipment is still in range

    could you upload gerber files of top and bottom layer i would adapdt this for sprint layout

    btw wm6 is right
    http://www.ecs.umass.edu/ece/m5/images/2N3904_pin_layout_S.jpg

    and please name all parts on silkscreen like on schematic

    connectors for Switch, power coil, headphones.. should be for clamping of rm5 (pinhole width)

    irf9630 should have some more place for a heatsink


    p.s. this 5minute timeout for wrinting sucks

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Did you check signal at pin3 of IC3 and then at collector of 2N3904?

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    PI5 #4 - fried again

    Can someone look this pcb over good and see if there are any mistakes. I used the new updated schematic from George.

    Let me know what you think, it is not working and I cannot see what the problem is or figure out why. I have tried many times on this circuit.

    Attached the schematic and new drawn pcb.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ITMD5_corrected.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	344463
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PI5 Revised.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	585.8 KB
ID:	344464

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Hey bernte,

    Nope, your not the only one....lol... I am getting ready to give PI5 another chance, another try and see if this time I can get it working... for whatever reason, the minute I saw it in the book I knew it had potential, it just seemed like a good basic design that could be built on... So, back to the bench for another one... wish me luck...lol

    p.s. did you ever get it working ? did you use the pcb draw I posted or did you use your own?

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    the next days i got a new oszi hantekdso5102p so i will Analyse all mi pi Projects from itmd book and bring them to end

    has somebody worked more on These Projects then myself, or i am one of the lonely idiots which made Projects from classic paper book?

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    after building pi1, pi2, and pi4 i am a bit disappointed
    i suspect a bit more, i seems the Projects are so simple that they must go wrong or i have a Little brain disease
    i build much bigger complexer Project with more succes
    the Projects are concepts, but not prooven or field tested so far my impression

    i go to build pi3 and pi5, but i think they will not be the big burner
    my hope was to get some tiny machines for learning and for real hunting
    at the Moment the are jsut for learning and waste parts

    i hope that some more poeple try to optimize this Projects and make Videos for comparing results

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Ok, 3rd board built and still not working... Dang.... I think I'm done messing with this one at least for awhile, used up a pile a parts for 3 of them...lol...

    Oh well, maybe someone else can get one built right and working..

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    thanks, not bad

    will see what i can do, maybe i will post first results next weekend
    many thanks

    p.s. i love your avatar it reminds me of my wife 12 years before
    Right on bernte_one, will wait to see how yours comes out as well.... and thanks, she (avatar) is a beauty and has a very nice backside

    Thanks Qiaozhi, good to know... my new board should be done soon, have a few resistors to route yet and then
    will give her some juice and see what happens..

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by geoscash1 View Post
    Question - What is the recommended coil for this unit since the revision or is it still the same as the original at 2.9uH/mH? I have tried using coils
    for my surf/cuda and other detector boards I have but nothing seems to work right..
    This version is designed to work with coils between 300uH and 500uH.

    Leave a comment:


  • geoscash1
    replied
    Awesome, thanks for the link to DIY Layout creator Qiaozhi... I always do stuff the hard way or the "old fashioned" way, draw it by hand.... lol.. I will definitely give this
    a good try out..

    Question - What is the recommended coil for this unit since the revision or is it still the same as the original at 2.9uH/mH? I have tried using coils
    for my surf/cuda and other detector boards I have but nothing seems to work right..

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by CAS View Post
    Thanks for that. I hadnt seen that one before. Easy to draw up small prototypes.
    Actually, it's really good for large prototypes as well. It's the only way to get a good-looking layout, and to prevent getting lost in the maze of track cuts and jumpers.

    Leave a comment:


  • CAS
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I use DIY Layout Creator for doing perfboard layouts -> http://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/
    It's freeware, and is platform independent. You need to have Java JRE/JDK 1.6.0_10 or newer installed.
    Thanks for that. I hadnt seen that one before. Easy to draw up small prototypes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by geoscash1 View Post
    I am in the process of building it right now but it takes me a while longer because I use perf board
    for builds.
    I use DIY Layout Creator for doing perfboard layouts -> http://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/
    It's freeware, and is platform independent. You need to have Java JRE/JDK 1.6.0_10 or newer installed.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    thanks, not bad

    will see what i can do, maybe i will post first results next weekend
    many thanks

    p.s. i love your avatar it reminds me of my wife 12 years before

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X