Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baracuda + Micro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Michaelo
    replied
    @6666... Looks good.... remember we only have menus 1 deep, so Menu > Option then press either of the two centre keys to set the value... Once finished setting an option use the menu key to go back to the main (and only) Menu...

    It's a pretty simple menu as we only have four options to change... if we had more it would be a little more complex... perhaps I should build it with the rotary encoder... I can see a few advantages...

    The main one being we can use the full 16 characters to display more meaningful information...

    @6666 ... The video is private!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Michaelo View Post
    PB3, PB3, PB4, PB5 with the menu button being = PB2....

    On ATMega that's pins: 16, 17, 18, 19
    On Arduino Uno that's pins: 10, 11, 12, 13 (on the 10 pin connector)

    The orientation of my Blue LCD with pins on top left... [T] [F] [S] [D]
    The keys are above in my case but in the same sequence....

    I had the keys label wrong in the schematic.... is there an avatar for moron handy...
    [ATTACH]36164[/ATTACH]




    AHA, IF I PULSE PB2 THE MENU CYCLES, yep the key labels on the schematic were mixed up
    glad we got that sorted.
    One push brings up [T] [F] [S] [D]
    second push brings up S Delay 1 20uS
    third push brings up [T] [F] [S] [D]

    Like this

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    Button Connections

    PB3, PB3, PB4, PB5 with the menu button being = PB2....

    On ATMega that's pins: 16, 17, 18, 19
    On Arduino Uno that's pins: 10, 11, 12, 13 (on the 10 pin connector)

    The orientation of my Blue LCD with pins on top left... [T] [F] [S] [D]
    The keys are above in my case but in the same sequence....

    I had the keys label wrong in the schematic.... is there an avatar for moron handy...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	keys_corrected.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	345724

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Ok 100k not required

    if I just push the menu button I get the "[T] [F] [S] [D]" on the top line.
    if I push the menu button again I get the TX pulse screen
    but pushing the menu button repeatedly again I stay on TX pulse screen does not take me back to menu.
    I think your buttons are reversed...
    Pushing the menu key twice should bring you to the Sample Delay 1 (S Delay 1 20us)...

    In the Menu ("[T] [F] [S] [D]"), mine are from the left... TX Pulse, Cycle, S Pulse, S Delay... the button line up the same way....
    The rightmost button should be the menu if no menu is showing and the D if in the menu....

    After turn on, pressing any key will displays the menu "[T] [F] [S] [D]"... I might need to change this so that only the menu key brings it up... that way we can determine if things are the right way around...

    Sugar!!! I don't think I check the key layout... I may have changed it... if so apologies... BRB with any corrections....
    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Ok 100k not required

    if I just push the menu button I get the "[T] [F] [S] [D]" on the top line.
    if I push the menu button again I get the TX pulse screen
    but pushing the menu button repeatedly again I stay on TX pulse screen does not take me back to menu.

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    @6666... I dropped it, it's not required... Check the schematic in my last post...
    Strange the second image should have been a 3D version of the board but it's the same image....

    In the above schematic, Q3 and Q4 are biased off as the output from the ATMega are set to tristate (inputs) after pulses...
    This is a little awkward so I may change the diodes D3 & D4 to caps... as I said, it's experimental...

    The only other question is the voltage at the emitter of Q1 and R1... ground on all schematics but they don't use a split battery virtual ground...
    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Michaelo View Post
    Experimental Designs...
    [ATTACH]36162[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]36162[/ATTACH]
    Will post standalone schematic when I find the latest...

    What happened to the 100k on the buttons ?
    can it be dropped,
    I am useing it but cannot get buttons to work with it.

    I took a chance and removed 100k and useing straight ground , now can access the menu


    edited the code ok and defeated the voltage check ok thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    Experimental Designs...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bara_exp001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	886.6 KB
ID:	345723
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bara_exp001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	886.6 KB
ID:	345723
    Will post standalone schematic when I find the latest...

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Please do.

    It appears from my quick test that when the low volts alarm comes up, that over rides the menu function.
    is it pin PC5 that does the voltage monitoring.
    On power up it shows the Name and the Version...
    After a minute or so, it replaces the version number with the battery voltage (or low voltage)...
    Once you press the menu button and pick an option to edit something, the battery voltage is not shown...

    Yes, it's PC5 (ADC5) that monitors the voltage...

    If you want to temporarily turn off the battery part comment out
    Code:
    if(bcount++ > BCT && !in_menu) check_battery();
    recompile & upload...
    Mike

    PS, A quick way to add a library to the Arduino IDE...
    From the menu choose Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-05_030623.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	345721

    In the popup window, type the library name in the filter field...
    Select the one you want to add...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-05_031408.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	345722

    I think it pulls from the Git Repo...

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    I can post both schematics if anyone is interested but they are experimental...
    Please do.

    It appears from my quick test that when the low volts alarm comes up, that over rides the menu function.
    is it pin PC5 that does the voltage monitoring.

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Just plugged it in , no buttons.
    You can use a jumper wire from ground to any of the key inputs to test...

    The low battery indication is because the monitoring point would normally go to the battery positive...
    The two resistors divide it down to about 1 volt for full...
    The code is not optimised, it just a quick test... will improve later...

    I am working on two versions...

    I have a standalone version that replaces the 40106 on your Baracuda (I de-soldered the 40106 and fit an IC socket)...
    That way I can plug in header pins (or another socket on top) with the connecting wires soldered in place...

    The other is a complete Bara + Micro in one design... I need to experiment on this one for voltage levels...
    I can post both schematics if anyone is interested but they are experimental...

    Here's the breadboard image (poor lighting)...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	quickimg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	345720

    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Just plugged it in , no buttons.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	aud-pulser.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	345719

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Thanks for code, it compiled ok after I added the timer library.
    Thanks Ivconic for connections

    If anybody needs the timer1 library
    download zip
    open IDE
    then click sketch
    then include library
    then add .zip library.

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Except for one thing; backlight at standard 16x2: pin 15 is + and pin 16 is -.
    But that probably differs at different manufacturers and different series i suppose?
    Your right... I messed up with the new blue LCD...
    The previous 2 x 16 and 4 x 20 LCD's were actually reversed (both had solder pads on back to modify the Anode/Cathode).
    The new new Blue LCD is in fact standard (16 is ground), I will make the corrections in a new schematic...

    @Chet, if you build one keep me updated... I'll look into a nicer menu later...
    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • Chet
    replied
    Hi Mike
    Great work; I am new with Arduino and C code. But this compiled on the first try with no errors. I have the LCD on order so I will try it later.
    Thank you and have a good day,
    Chet

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X