Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baracuda + Micro

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Teleno
    replied
    Originally posted by Michaelo View Post
    Could be an idea... wouldn't add much code...how much is one of those digital potentiometers devices...

    Mike
    Under $1, see hier.

    You'll need the I2C o SPI protocol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Do you consider adding options for volume, threshold, with digital potentiometers, maybe.
    If you know C, javascript and php may seem easy but doesn't go the other way around, trust me
    Could be an idea... wouldn't add much code...how much is one of those digital potentiometers devices...

    Re the "other way round"... I never thought of that, but in hindsight, your dead right...
    C was far more difficult to master and after it, php would be easy but the other way round... I don't think so...

    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    How about OLED 128x64


    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Michaelo View Post
    A valid point... the TFT's I played with are quite bright... possibly as good as any LCD but to being robust... don't think so...

    My TFT also very bright. Nothing worse than LCD.
    And if touch is omitted than no problems with dirty fingers.
    But than physical knobs&pots are necessary...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Michaelo View Post
    I have used the 1.8" and 2.2" in projects, and even have a 2.2" touch screen laying around somewhere... never got around to playing with it though...
    I bought the 1.8" from Adafruit and the 2.2" on Ebay... tried several libraries with both and after a bit of fidgeting, finally got the 2.2" working and it only cost $6 and has SPI...

    Even without touch both of these would make you think twice before using an ordinary LCD... But... I think for general development we best stick with a 20 character 2 line LCD and build an nice TFT as an option and possibly touch screen if you can get one with SPI/I2C, otherwise we don't have the pins...

    I suppose this design could be built as an Arduino Shield... never thought of that...

    Back to design little pulse icons for the LCD...

    Mike
    "...Even without touch both of these would make you think twice before using an ordinary LCD..."

    Correct! That's why i vote for TFT.

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    Originally posted by Chet View Post
    A good daylight display is needed; but a touch screen might not hold up well against muddy fingers.
    Chet
    A valid point... the TFT's I played with are quite bright... possibly as good as any LCD but to being robust... don't think so...

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Arduino UNO lacks on sufficient I/O once TFT shield is attached on it.
    That's why i used MEGA which is having more than enough I/O's.
    But also i was thinking to adapt TFT shield to use it with UNO, simply by desoldering and rejecting micro SD from it.
    Would it be enough for similar PI detector? All depends on how code is written.
    Further if i give up from touch; more I/O's are salvaged, should be enough for detector.
    TFT color display is just nice, but also it's kind a stupid to use it without touch.
    I have used the 1.8" and 2.2" in projects, and even have a 2.2" touch screen laying around somewhere... never got around to playing with it though...
    I bought the 1.8" from Adafruit and the 2.2" on Ebay... tried several libraries with both and after a bit of fidgeting, finally got the 2.2" working and it only cost $6 and has SPI...

    Even without touch both of these would make you think twice before using an ordinary LCD... But... I think for general development we best stick with a 20 character 2 line LCD and build an nice TFT as an option and possibly touch screen if you can get one with SPI/I2C, otherwise we don't have the pins...

    I suppose this design could be built as an Arduino Shield, never thought of that... you would probably have to do an SMD version...

    Back to designing little pulse icons for the LCD...

    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • Chet
    replied
    A good daylight display is needed; but a touch screen might not hold up well against muddy fingers.
    Chet

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Arduino UNO lacks on sufficient I/O once TFT shield is attached on it.
    That's why i used MEGA which is having more than enough I/O's.
    But also i was thinking to adapt TFT shield to use it with UNO, simply by desoldering and rejecting micro SD from it.
    Would it be enough for similar PI detector? All depends on how code is written.
    Further if i give up from touch; more I/O's are salvaged, should be enough for detector.
    TFT color display is just nice, but also it's kind a stupid to use it without touch.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	345538
    Click image for larger version

Name:	new-1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	345539
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2_4inch_TFT_LCD_Shield.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	345540

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Michaelo View Post
    First we need to decide the main menus options and what options go under each of these menus...
    Also, do we use a 16 or 20 character LCD or even look at one of the less expensive (but good quality) TFT displays...

    Mike...
    2.4" TFT with touch and micro SD are cheap (~10euros) and available. I have few. But so far i managed only to use TFT part while am struggling with touch and micro SD reader, can't find proper libraries. That TFT seems is not the same one sold by Adafruit which is well supported with libraries.
    When i try to use those libs; i get inversed touch behavior. I tried to mess into lib parameters, but so far i got nowhere.
    But anyway, similar one sold by Adafruit is just right and well supported. So since it is also having touch; there is no need for physical knobs and pots.
    That would be indeed splendid to use one of those.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Do you consider adding options for volume, threshold, with digital potentiometers, maybe.
    If you know C, javascript and php may seem easy but doesn't go the other way around, trust me

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    Originally posted by Chet View Post
    Hi Mike
    For menu items you might consider;
    Transmit pulse rate in pulses per second
    Transmit pulse width in usec
    Receive window delay time in usec
    Receive window width in usec
    All within some suitable time limits.
    Chet
    First we need to decide the main menus options and what options go under each of these menus...
    Also, do we use a 16 or 20 character LCD or even look at one of the less expensive (but good quality) TFT displays...

    Mike...

    Leave a comment:


  • Chet
    replied
    Hi Mike
    For menu items you might consider;
    Transmit pulse rate in pulses per second
    Transmit pulse width in usec
    Receive window delay time in usec
    Receive window width in usec
    All within some suitable time limits.
    Chet

    Leave a comment:


  • Michaelo
    replied
    Originally posted by Chet View Post
    Hi Mike
    I hadn’t heard of PHP before; so many things to learn.
    Chet
    When you include code in your post (using the Advanced button), you have the option to wrap it in either a CODE or PHP wrapper...
    The remark was referring to using the PHP wrapper as opposed to the CODE wrapper as it looks a lot better, it formats the code...

    I write all of my web code in php & Javascript... natural progression as I came from C background...
    php is almost exactly the same as C (it was derived directly form C), so if you learn C, php is a breeze...

    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • Chet
    replied
    Originally posted by Michaelo View Post
    Using php instead of code format it nicer

    Mike
    Hi Mike
    I hadn’t heard of PHP before; so many things to learn.
    Chet


    Leave a comment:

Working...
X