Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moodz' Awesome Gold Pulse Induction Version 3 - MAGPI V3 Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • moodz
    replied
    With all this talk of new detectors with discrimination .. A few changes and we have autodamping with discrimination.
    Here is a video showing the result.

    Auto damper with full iron / non iron discrim with high signal to noise.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gunghouk
    replied
    Looks like a great addition/mod. Could this be an add on TX daughter board to the thru hole Magpi?

    Is the new firmware firm or still setting?

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    The Magpi has been fitted with NMOS TX parts and autodamping. Should be able to do 2 amps transmit @ 600volts peak.
    Autodamping means the CPU no longer controls the active damping - faster recovery and tracking ... possibly be able to do iron discrim also.
    Pix below for 1 amp 350 volts. 8.33 Khz TX. Traces show no target, IRON and COPPER. No amplification ... ( ie straight off the autodamp frontend ).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	596
Size:	1,021.5 KB
ID:	419381​




    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	645
Size:	975.3 KB
ID:	419379
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	577
Size:	907.6 KB
ID:	419380

    ​​

    Leave a comment:


  • Gunghouk
    replied
    Originally posted by moodz View Post
    Very well done !
    Thank you. It was an enjoyable learning experience using Diptrace.

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Very well done !

    Leave a comment:


  • Gunghouk
    replied
    MagPIV3, thru hole gerbers with silk screen.
    MAGPI008_V3_gerber.zip

    Leave a comment:


  • skr
    replied
    Originally posted by skr View Post
    Me and another member here are working on a non profit project designing a very low cost demining detectors to donate for Ukrainian humanitarian demining efforts. The plan is to make a few hundred units and give them to NGOs working with end users directly.
    I am not sure how good building a unipolar design for demining is, but the idea is that no magnetic field change detonators with batteries still working should be seen by humanitarian demining action.

    Our cheap direct sampling unipolar design performance leaves a bit more to be desired performance wise, at least comparing to CEIA CMD V2.

    I thought we should try this frontend design out just to have something to compare to.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	697
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	417933​
    Attached is an SMD version of moodz MAGPI V3 I did possibly as close to the original design, with the exception being coil connector is now SMA and the negative voltage generating is closer to the magpi probe design by KingJL
    I have not yet tested it but most likely will assemble before the coming holidays. Please do your own due diligence as I laid it out while a bit sleep deprived. All of the components are ought to be sourced at mouser. Check magpi-v3-skr.csv BOM for that.
    Turns out sleep is important. Don't use this schematic or the gerbers. There are multiple things wrong with it. If this forum offered an edit button I would replace the files, however, given that it doesn't I'll post a new post when I have fixed the above design.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gunghouk
    replied
    Oops....no test point references Back to the drawing board!

    Leave a comment:


  • Gunghouk
    replied
    Originally posted by moodz View Post

    Umm no .. .due to laziness the gerber with component ID was not done. ( and also because there are are alternate assemblies possible that are not documented ).

    Do you feel like making one ?

    I use a photo of a completed board ... ( see early posts ) for assembly.



    Well here's my attempt at the silk screen for V3 thru hole

    MAGPIV3SS_Gerbers.zip

    Leave a comment:


  • skr
    replied
    Me and another member here are working on a non profit project designing a very low cost demining detectors to donate for Ukrainian humanitarian demining efforts. The plan is to make a few hundred units and give them to NGOs working with end users directly.
    I am not sure how good building a unipolar design for demining is, but the idea is that no magnetic field change detonators with batteries still working should be seen by humanitarian demining action.

    Our cheap direct sampling unipolar design performance leaves a bit more to be desired performance wise, at least comparing to CEIA CMD V2.

    I thought we should try this frontend design out just to have something to compare to.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	697
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	417933​
    Attached is an SMD version of moodz MAGPI V3 I did possibly as close to the original design, with the exception being coil connector is now SMA and the negative voltage generating is closer to the magpi probe design by KingJL
    I have not yet tested it but most likely will assemble before the coming holidays. Please do your own due diligence as I laid it out while a bit sleep deprived. All of the components are ought to be sourced at mouser. Check magpi-v3-skr.csv BOM for that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gunghouk
    replied
    Sounds like a challenge. I'll see what I can do with the latest (last?) schematic. I figured it would be a schematic and layout comparison with a bit of continuity checking

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunghouk View Post
    Hi all, is there a silk screen gerber available for this pcb? My Jlc boards have no screen.
    Umm no .. .due to laziness the gerber with component ID was not done. ( and also because there are are alternate assemblies possible that are not documented ).

    Do you feel like making one ?

    I use a photo of a completed board ... ( see early posts ) for assembly.



    Leave a comment:


  • Gunghouk
    replied
    Hi all, is there a silk screen gerber available for this pcb? My Jlc boards have no screen.

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunghouk View Post
    Thanks moodz, unfortunately I can't build the software and get multiple errors saying it can't find Adc10.h
    I've installed the legacy plib library.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks
    If you are getting errors about Adc10.h .... it means you did not read post #248.

    You MUST use compiler version 2.15 and legacy PLIB installed in that path.
    Download it from the archives on the microchip site.

    I downloaded #248 to check and here is my build result ... no warnings or errors.

    CLEAN SUCCESSFUL (total time: 27ms)
    make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
    make[1]: Entering directory 'C:/WORK/MAGPI_RELEASES_GEOTECH/1.4/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE.X'
    make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE.X.production.hex
    make[2]: Entering directory 'C:/WORK/MAGPI_RELEASES_GEOTECH/1.4/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE.X'
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MX150F128B -MP -MMD -MF "build/default/production/I2C_UTILS.o.d" -o build/default/production/I2C_UTILS.o I2C_UTILS.c -DXPRJ_default=default -legacy-libc
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MX150F128B -MP -MMD -MF "build/default/production/main.o.d" -o build/default/production/main.o main.c -DXPRJ_default=default -legacy-libc
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MX150F128B -MP -MMD -MF "build/default/production/my_main.o.d" -o build/default/production/my_main.o my_main.c -DXPRJ_default=default -legacy-libc
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MX150F128B -MP -MMD -MF "build/default/production/serial.o.d" -o build/default/production/serial.o serial.c -DXPRJ_default=default -legacy-libc
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MX150F128B -MP -MMD -MF "build/default/production/LCD_I2C_PCF8574.o.d" -o build/default/production/LCD_I2C_PCF8574.o LCD_I2C_PCF8574.c -DXPRJ_default=default -legacy-libc
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MX150F128B -MP -MMD -MF "build/default/production/DELAY.o.d" -o build/default/production/DELAY.o DELAY.c -DXPRJ_default=default -legacy-libc
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MX150F128B -MP -MMD -MF "build/default/production/flash.o.d" -o build/default/production/flash.o flash.c -DXPRJ_default=default -legacy-libc
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MX150F128B -MP -MMD -MF "build/default/production/PIC32MX250pins.o.d" -o build/default/production/PIC32MX250pins.o PIC32MX250pins.c -DXPRJ_default=default -legacy-libc
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MX150F128B -MP -MMD -MF "build/default/production/uart.o.d" -o build/default/production/uart.o uart.c -DXPRJ_default=default -legacy-libc
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -mprocessor=32MX150F128B -o dist/default/production/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE.X.production.elf build/default/production/main.o build/default/production/my_main.o build/default/production/serial.o build/default/production/I2C_UTILS.o build/default/production/LCD_I2C_PCF8574.o build/default/production/DELAY.o build/default/production/flash.o build/default/production/PIC32MX250pins.o build/default/production/uart.o -DXPRJ_default=default -legacy-libc -Wl,--defsym=__MPLAB_BUILD=1,--defsym=_min_heap_size=4000,--defsym=_min_stack_size=1000,--no-code-in-dinit,--no-dinit-in-serial-mem,-Map="dist/default/production/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE.X.production.map" ,--memorysummary,dist/default/production/memoryfile.xml
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin"\\xc32-bin2hex dist/default/production/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE.X.production.elf
    make[2]: Leaving directory 'C:/WORK/MAGPI_RELEASES_GEOTECH/1.4/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE.X'
    make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/WORK/MAGPI_RELEASES_GEOTECH/1.4/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE.X'

    BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 3s)
    Loading code from C:/WORK/MAGPI_RELEASES_GEOTECH/1.4/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE.X/dist/default/production/MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE.X.production.hex. ..
    Program loaded with pack,PIC32MX_DFP,1.5.259,Microchip
    Loading completed
    ​


    change the chip to what you have eg 150 or 250 version in project properties.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	v2.15.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	417613

    Leave a comment:


  • Gunghouk
    replied
    Thanks moodz, unfortunately I can't build the software and get multiple errors saying it can't find Adc10.h
    I've installed the legacy plib library.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X