Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moodz' Awesome Gold Pulse Induction Version 3 - MAGPI V3 Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dean Sarelius
    replied
    Originally posted by moodz View Post

    how about 1.5 amp peak to peak bipolar with 1.2 microsecond risetimes and 650 volt flybacks ?? ... for starters.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	pulse.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	412420
    Great result Moodz.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dean Sarelius
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post

    Dean, if you have trouble with the AliExpress parts drop me your postal address on PM and I'll send you one.
    We will need most of what we have for our prototyping but happy to help out for your proto board.

    Cheers
    Hi Md,
    Thats is really appreciated and will definitely take you up on the offer if the Alliexpress chips turn into duds.
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • Arvin
    replied
    Originally posted by moodz View Post

    how about 1.5 amp peak to peak bipolar with 1.2 microsecond risetimes and 650 volt flybacks ?? ... for starters.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	pulse.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	412420
    We look forward to it .
    Thank you so much .

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    MAGPI V4 - Bipolar Nfet ?
    how about 1.5 amp peak to peak bipolar with 1.2 microsecond risetimes and 650 volt flybacks ?? ... for starters.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	pulse.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	412420

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean Sarelius View Post

    Hi Md
    Yes I live in Sydney Australia.
    Dean, if you have trouble with the AliExpress parts drop me your postal address on PM and I'll send you one.
    We will need most of what we have for our prototyping but happy to help out for your proto board.

    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • Dean Sarelius
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post

    Hi Dean,
    You are correct, no stock. I last looked 3 days ago and there were 650 in stock.
    Are you in Au?
    Hi Md
    Yes I live in Sydney Australia.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    MAGPI V4 - Bipolar Nfet ?

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Here is the latest firmware for the V3 MAGPI. Version 1.3

    Fixed motorboating background noise in audio.

    Oversampled ADC for smoother target operation.

    This is pretty much the final version .... started work on the V4 MAGPI which will be quite a bit different

    moodz

    MAGPI008_2023_05_12_V1.3_RELEASE.MX250.production. zip

    ps I will publish the final sourcecode and updated docs shortly.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean Sarelius View Post

    Hi Md,
    I double checked the TI website both the INA125U and the UA but cant find any stock in the SOIC package..?
    Hi Dean,
    You are correct, no stock. I last looked 3 days ago and there were 650 in stock.
    Are you in Au?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dean Sarelius
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post

    Dean,

    TI have them in stock, look again for different options, eg cut tape, reel , rail etc and also note the min order Qty.
    Hi Md,
    I double checked the TI website both the INA125U and the UA but cant find any stock in the SOIC package..?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dean Sarelius
    replied
    Originally posted by moodz View Post

    The board looks very nice ...

    Are you including a charger circuit for the lithiums?

    moodz.
    Hi Moodz,
    I have an RC battery pack charger which can charge 2 battery packs at a time.
    I wanted to minimise as much as possible any external connections that might allow salt or moisture into the case.
    Both the encoder and the coil connector will be exposed to the elements and I have added a low cost Bluetooth audio transmitter so no need for plugging in headphones.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean Sarelius View Post

    Looks like TI are out of stock also..?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	613
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	412310​
    Dean,

    TI have them in stock, look again for different options, eg cut tape, reel , rail etc and also note the min order Qty.

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean Sarelius View Post

    Thanks Moodz,
    Ended up buying them from AlliExpress fingers crossed there ok.
    The board is mainly surface mount so needed the SOIC package unfortunately.
    By the way here is a picture of the board in the case Altronics H0325.
    I will prefer to assemble and iron out any issues before releasing all the docs on a new MAGPI V3.1 SMD thread.
    The board looks very nice ...

    Are you including a charger circuit for the lithiums?

    moodz.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dean Sarelius
    replied
    Originally posted by moodz View Post
    The UA part is surface mount ...

    One of the reasons I made the V3 a through hole board is the semiconductor shortage after covid.

    Mouser have 2933 INA125P and 1034 LM6171 both DIP through hole packages in stock .... Plenty.
    Thanks Moodz,
    Ended up buying them from AlliExpress fingers crossed there ok.
    The board is mainly surface mount so needed the SOIC package unfortunately.
    By the way here is a picture of the board in the case Altronics H0325.
    I will prefer to assemble and iron out any issues before releasing all the docs on a new MAGPI V3.1 SMD thread.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    The UA part is surface mount ...

    One of the reasons I made the V3 a through hole board is the semiconductor shortage after covid.

    Mouser have 2933 INA125P and 1034 LM6171 both DIP through hole packages in stock .... Plenty.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X