Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moodz' Awesome Gold Pulse Induction Version 3 - MAGPI V3 Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kiouijki
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunghouk View Post
    Not Kikad but here are the gerbers with silk screen and the Diptrace project files..
    thank you sir

    Leave a comment:


  • Gunghouk
    replied
    Not Kikad but here are the gerbers with silk screen and the Diptrace project files..
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • kiouijki
    replied
    Originally posted by moodz View Post
    doh ... typo on the damping mosfet ... Here is the FINAL FINAL schematic.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1435
Size:	824.8 KB
ID:	423318​
    any kikad files
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by Aziz View Post
    Hi friends,

    I've been absent for several years. But this project is really awesum.

    Thanks Moodz for sharing your ideas.
    Welcome back AZIZ

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    He's back!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aziz
    replied
    Hi friends,

    I've been absent for several years. But this project is really awesum.

    Thanks Moodz for sharing your ideas.

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by Auto-Mation-Assist View Post

    I did a search for source code files and found 3 which have the names shown below and are zip files. All others files that I found were firmware hex files. There have been no changes since 2023_06_07_V1.4 ?
    MAGPI008_2023_01_28_MX150
    MAGPI008_2023_05_12_V1.3_RELEASE
    MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE​
    No "official" releases.

    The 1.4 supports LCD only.

    Leave a comment:


  • Auto-Mation-Assist
    replied
    Originally posted by moodz View Post

    Thankyou .... I know I did post a latest copy but I cant find it either ... its really hard posting project updates in a discussion thread as they get buried in side discussions. If you dig back through the posts there is a post where I indicate that it compiles and runs OK.
    and there is a post of the "final final" schematic.

    Also the descrimination side discussion is from around post #288.
    I did a search for source code files and found 3 which have the names shown below and are zip files. All others files that I found were firmware hex files. There have been no changes since 2023_06_07_V1.4 ?
    MAGPI008_2023_01_28_MX150
    MAGPI008_2023_05_12_V1.3_RELEASE
    MAGPI008_2023_06_07_V1.4_RELEASE​

    Leave a comment:


  • Gunghouk
    replied
    No prob I can wait till you're satisfied with the code.

    I'm using a regulated 12v Psu for all testing with the aim of battery powering eventually so I should reduce it down to 9v maybe to reduce dissipation.

    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunghouk View Post
    Thanks Moodz, I've changed the 5v regulator for a 78S05 2 amp version as it was getting pretty hot but grounding the tab makes no difference now that the gate resistor has cured the major noise problem. My flyback pulse is around 227v now with no avalanching.

    Can we have the latest source code please?

    Thanks
    Whats your supply voltage ? ... I use two 18650 lithium ( 8.4 volts max ) for several hours of usage.

    Should run fine on 12 volts but then the reg gets hotter ( but not extremely hot ).

    The "latest" source code is all messed up at the moment with my ground balance code .... not fit for use at the moment I am afraid.

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by Auto-Mation-Assist View Post
    Moodz,

    I have found your MAGPI project very interesting and I would like to download the latest source code for your project. I'm not sure what version is the latest or if you have been able to post a link to it.
    Thankyou .... I know I did post a latest copy but I cant find it either ... its really hard posting project updates in a discussion thread as they get buried in side discussions. If you dig back through the posts there is a post where I indicate that it compiles and runs OK.
    and there is a post of the "final final" schematic.

    Also the descrimination side discussion is from around post #288.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gunghouk
    replied
    Thanks Moodz, I've changed the 5v regulator for a 78S05 2 amp version as it was getting pretty hot but grounding the tab makes no difference now that the gate resistor has cured the major noise problem. My flyback pulse is around 227v now with no avalanching.

    Can we have the latest source code please?

    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • moodz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunghouk View Post
    After a lot of grief with fake IRF9640 MOSFETS I've now, at last got some semblance of a working MagpiV3. I must point out that a real pain point was the lack of gate resistor for the BSP230, Q2. WIthout a 10 ohm resistor in the gate I had major spurious oscillations. Once fitted they disappeared completely. Thanks to the previous poster who had the same problem and suggested the solution as I had just about given up on the project.

    However the BT module continues to be problem with reluctant or no bootup with 3.3v but OK with a 5v supply but the app always disconnects when I connect the HC05 RX line to the Magpi so I've gone back to the LCD and encoder and the software before the BT app which has no working volume control (post #393)

    Moodz are there any newer, non BT app, software releases available ?
    Are you still developing V3 or now working on V4 ?

    Thanks
    I have only found instability where the frontend grounds for the +5 regulator, Q2 and the amps were not grounded adequately to coil ground ... ie no long leads/paths.
    Make sure the TX switch is not avalanching also.

    However a gate resistor in Q2 is probably a good idea.

    Run the BT off the TX 5 volt supply or a separate 5 volt supply. ( that you must provide ).
    Running it off the 3.3 volts was not one of my good ideas ... just convenience. Works OK for me but does cause some noise on the ADC diff amp supply.

    There is a compile variable for selecting LCD or BT ( AKA serial ) ... refer the source code.

    What I am working on for V3 is the ground balance ...


    Someone could lay out a new surface mount PCB.

    Leave a comment:


  • Auto-Mation-Assist
    replied
    Moodz,

    I have found your MAGPI project very interesting and I would like to download the latest source code for your project. I'm not sure what version is the latest or if you have been able to post a link to it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X