Please find the latest (REV-D) Build Document attached here ->
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Replies to Minipulse Plus REV-D
Collapse
X
-
Please read the Build Document. That will give you some idea of the complexity of the project.Originally posted by verdis View PostHello. This kit "Minipulse Plus REV-D" you can 'mount without the oscilloscope?
Thank You
But ... to answer your question directly, here is a quote from the document:
"Please note that it is highly recommended you have access to an oscilloscope during the setup procedure. Although it is not impossible to successfully build a working unit without one, you will need to be very careful and methodical during the construction. However, it is mandatory that you possess a multimeter."
Comment
-
Received my kit yesterday, starting to build...
The text at step 1 says:
PL1 (the positive terminal is the middle pin, and both outer pinsgo to the negative terminal)
But the pic in fig.1 shows +ve at pin 1 & 3 , also the circuit diag shows + going to gnd on the 79l05, = pin 1. Hence fig. 1 looks wrong.
/ToS
Comment
-
Thanks ... I know what happened there. The image of the PCB needed to be replaced for REV-D, and there was an alignment issue with PL1. On the REV-D board the connector was moved over to make room for the series diode. If you look at Fig. 1 in the REV-C document, you'll see what I mean. I'll fix that later tonight and repost an updated document.Originally posted by tos View PostReceived my kit yesterday, starting to build...
The text at step 1 says:
PL1 (the positive terminal is the middle pin, and both outer pinsgo to the negative terminal)
But the pic in fig.1 shows +ve at pin 1 & 3 , also the circuit diag shows + going to gnd on the 79l05, = pin 1. Hence fig. 1 looks wrong.
/ToSLast edited by Qiaozhi; 02-25-2015, 09:16 PM.
Comment
-
Thanks.Originally posted by tos View PostNext small thingy...
In the component parts list,
C22, C22 100nF , should be C21, C22 100nF
/ToS
I've updated the Parts List, as above.
Also, I spotted another error. The footer (at the bottom of each page) says REV-C instead of REV-D.
There's probably more, so keep looking.
Comment
-
Hello everone,
I'm new to this but in the process of building the kit MPP Rev D.
But after step one I'm getting -8.62v at pin 4 on U8.
I'm testing with 8 x 1.5 v batteries in series, Multi meter positive (Red) to pin 4 on U8 and multi meter com (black) to TP10.
Is it possible that I have fried something? I have re-checked the components, and their polarities a number of times.
Comments welcome
Comment
-
CAS thank sfor you comments.
I have checked again but was still getting -8.62V so decided to replace U1 (79L05), however finding the part (I am in Morocco) is a fiddle...so the question is could I use one of these...
One reason not to the ampage is different, i.e. original is and this (7905) provides a regulated supply of -5 V and 1A current.
Also the legs are a little large for the holes in the board but I think they could be adjusted with a fine file
Comment
-
...one of these being a 7905 Voltage regulator http://www.engineersgarage.com/elect...e-regulator-ic
However as noted
One reason not to the ampage is different, i.e. original (79L05) is
-5 Volt 0.1 Amp
the possible replacement is (7905) -5 V and 1A current. Couls this cause problems later...
Also the legs are a little large for the holes in the board but I think they could be adjusted with a fine file
Comment
Comment