) Australians and yes people who sign or do not sign the code of conduct.All that signing the code of conduct means is that people agree to the document. Signing it does not make you a member of any of the above groups or that you agree with their views and equally it is not there to try to stop people from collaborating.
Whether you choose to work on the open detector project is up to you. If you do, then as a further matter, whether you choose to work on a particular part of the open project with any of the above groups of people (or individuals) or not is up to you.
I have always said that this is a stepping stone. I encourage you to have a look at the post below and do some reading into the licenses that could be used as arguably that is a legal step that will have more impact than the Code of Conduct:
We are on a path to working together on free and open hardware using best practice from others like the amateur radio community. I can't tell you that it will be perfect but it will be better than the chaos that exists at present.
I understand your feeling if a Minelab employee or a fan of their detectors signs up. Their affiliation must be properly declared and I had asked Patches to do that via PM. I certainly would find it ironic if people did not become involved because this has occurred.
An open detector project allows for anyone to be involved. Microsoft employees work on the Linux Kernel! Lets keep focused on an Open Detector and move step by step.
Further, that as a sufficient number of people have signed the Code of Conduct, I have requested the Administrators to create a space in the Projects section as a next step.
Chudster


Leave a comment: