Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not wanting to step on anyone's toes.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • amtech2005
    replied
    Not wanting to step on anyone's toes

    Originally posted by Magman116 View Post
    Carl, thanks for not blocking me out and allowing the freedom to post any and all information.

    As for posting current manufacturer's schematics, I would never do that except with my own which I will do.

    I really like digging into the fine details of metal detector circuits and analyze everything that can affect the signal. I am very picky about my circuits and don't like to compromise.

    When I had posted on another group about the preamp in a TS detector being 4X that of our preamp, I was not truthful. The number is more like 20+ times more noise in the TS preamp than ours.

    I tried to post a video of one of our prototype detectors built many years ago showing the air test capabilities in AM and DISC modes. The video was just a bit too long for You Tube and now I have to edit it to get it to size. This video should be enough to let people know I can build detectors that perform as stated before.

    So, I am still working one, but the audio gets messed up. I really need to figure how to get these videos done right.


    Anyway, thank you again for allowing open discussions.

    -Chris
    Chris , welcome to this forum . Before I proceed "with caution" , I made sure this quote of yours was included!!!! Let us begin , over the years , one , maybe two posts have been made trying to sell a "Metal Detector Copy" or a copy of someone else's design in "Quantity" which really went NO WHERE , and those posts were basically ignored !!!!...We do have For-Sale items , which are free postings[no-charge]to members that want to sell their new or used detectors or Equipment. And we have a Huge Technical classroom of "ELECTRONIC INFORMATION" here on this "Geotech Forum" And is used "we hope" for Private purposes only , for someone like you or me , to build a Great Metal Detector that works very good , at a reasonable price=[cost of parts+cost of PCB board]. Without a Big manufacturer mark-up. And if you notice these are the old designs, usually they are detectors that are discontinued from several years ago. And they have some design ISSUES !! So we are constantly "RE-INVENTING" the wheel here You tell us not to disclose anything about your "Private Metal Detector Company" . At the same time you are selling a product on this forum that does not belong to you !!! That does not make sense to me at all ???? Please comment again , on any issues you may have!!!........Take Care and Thanks again for your posts here on Geotech..................Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • Magman116
    replied
    Thanks!

    Carl, thanks for not blocking me out and allowing the freedom to post any and all information.

    As for posting current manufacturer's schematics, I would never do that except with my own which I will do.

    I really like digging into the fine details of metal detector circuits and analyze everything that can affect the signal. I am very picky about my circuits and don't like to compromise.

    When I had posted on another group about the preamp in a TS detector being 4X that of our preamp, I was not truthful. The number is more like 20+ times more noise in the TS preamp than ours.

    I tried to post a video of one of our prototype detectors built many years ago showing the air test capabilities in AM and DISC modes. The video was just a bit too long for You Tube and now I have to edit it to get it to size. This video should be enough to let people know I can build detectors that perform as stated before.

    So, I am still working one, but the audio gets messed up. I really need to figure how to get these videos done right.


    Anyway, thank you again for allowing open discussions.

    -Chris

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Hi Chris,

    The rules for Geotech are very liberal when it comes to promotion. I have always allowed people to self-promote and advertise their ideas and products (even if it's for-profit), pretty much without restriction. This is so unlike most other forums (where "sponsors" control content) that some people automatically take offense. But there are no sponsors here, just wide-open discussion.

    There is a down-side to this. It means that I also allow people to critique claims, almost* without restriction. So anyone is free to come here and promote something, but others are equally free to question it. I have no idea why people have chosen to go to other forums to criticize your post, instead of discussing it here. A little bizarre.

    So feel free to pursue your Tesoro enhancement, but expect skepticism. I would like to see what you have come up with, but like a lot of other skeptics, I'd like to see results. So please continue!

    - Carl

    *The restriction is civility

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    Not wanting to step on anyone's toes

    Hello Chris , I have been a full time "More than Daily" Member on this forum since October 2001. I have been told over and over again it is not a Good Idea , and not in the best interest of this "Geotech Forum" to release a Company Schematic or a copy of a company Schematic of a "Metal Detector" that is currently in production and is being sold as a new model . A metal Detector that is no longer in Production and that has been "Discontinued". The rules are Different !!!! You need to give us more details of your request , if you have big issues , you need to "Please" contact the Administrator of this "Geotech Forum" Website . Thank-You for posting this in a Polite manner...........Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • Magman116
    started a topic Not wanting to step on anyone's toes.

    Not wanting to step on anyone's toes.

    All,

    I am sorry is I might have come off the wrong way in joining this group.

    I would like to say I do make detectors, but am not here to promote them. So, let's not get into a discussion about them. You might see me refer to them or their function, but don't confuse this with promoting.

    I have much experience with metal detector circuitry and can offer technical incite and enhancement advice.

    I would like to stick with the Tesoro discussions as they make some of the best all around detectors. I personally have several, and if I didn't make my own detectors, I would definitely stick with Tesoro.

    If there are those interested in enhancing their Tesoro detectors, I can help.

    So, until our company goes online ready for public sale, please let's not discuss my detectors.

    Thank you all for the understanding!

    Sincerely,

    Chris
Working...
X