Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TGSL - EDU , new boards and kits

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
    If its got a 4 pin plug on it your ok, got a chart here somewhere with all the Tesoro coils specs on it but cant find it for the life of me.
    Sorry I made a rare mistake lol
    Surprised no one picked me up on that because its the 5 pin coil that will do the job not the 4 pin.
    Jerbox the coil you have is fine because you can tweak your CX capacitors to suit your needs if required.
    I have personally used The web coil and the old 8" brown coil with the TGSL builds and far as performance they both work well.

    Leave a comment:


  • manny77
    replied
    Hi to Everyone!

    My Name is Manuel, I live in Italy.
    Last year I discovered this wonderful forum...many many expert people here! Great projects and good hints! I like it very much!
    Since I want to try to build my own MD, I choose to go for Surf Pi. So last year i completed my project. 1 euro coin from 23 cm in air. But I'm disappointed for the EMI that make sometimes noisy and difficult to use it. Anyway I just ordered a TGSL kit from SILVERDOG. I waiting for replay from him...money just sended by paypal. I'm anxious to start the project! Hope that this MD with 2 tones board is capable to discriminate iron like i wish...Surf Pi is good but every dig is a rusty nail! :-/
    Nevertheless I made a good find, 4 gun bullet shells from 1943.
    From the experience accumulated by Surf Pi I wish to make a better MD!

    I saw that Surf Pi is not very sensible to gold. Gold ring well detected but dued to the ring form. But not good with chains. TGSL is better? I would make a DD coil 27 cm, it is suited for gold finds too? And silver?

    Sorry my english!

    Leave a comment:


  • jerbox
    replied
    hello
    thanks for this but the cortes coil have 5 pin and i think this dont work because its a 10khz coil and tgsl edu is a 14khz coil
    thanks for your help
    jerbox

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    This may help but not the full list as I cant find it
    That top picture of homemade coil is not mine, god knows where that come from and may I add thats how not to make a coil lol , somone actually posted that and wondered why there detector didnt work
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jerbox View Post
    thanks
    i have already a tesoro spider cortes coil i can use this for tgsl
    jerbox
    If its got a 4 pin plug on it your ok, got a chart here somewhere with all the Tesoro coils specs on it but cant find it for the life of me.

    Leave a comment:


  • jerbox
    replied
    thanks
    i have already a tesoro spider cortes coil i can use this for tgsl
    jerbox

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Hi
    12V

    Leave a comment:


  • jerbox
    replied
    hello
    my name is jerome and my pseudo jerbox
    i have buy a kit tgsl edu silverdog and i have a question what the voltage (battery type) for work with the tgsl ?
    9v 12v
    thanks for your reponses
    jerbox

    Leave a comment:


  • paku
    replied
    i have buy TGSL Kit from silverdog but still not arrive
    i think 3 week i wait that kit until now


    Leave a comment:


  • spookyspy
    replied
    I try to connect the IDX VDI to the TGSL edu.
    But I'm not sure where to connect. Is it the pin 1 & 7 of the U103 or are it both pin 6 of U104 & U105.
    Or maybe none of these. I tried them all but I can't get any reasonable numbers on the VDI.
    Every sweep gives a different value. Can someone explain to me what the right way is. Or is it just impossible fir the TGSL?
    Thanks in advance.

    Leave a comment:


  • dimok
    replied
    dear friend Andy Thank you for amazing quality sets. respectful Andrew Ukraine. the results of my work http://youtu.be/FVY5vKBEnF4

    Leave a comment:


  • Biogas
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    I am not sure if you find it while searching the TGSL threads. Try looking at the original IGSL thread. Early on Ivconic tried the Musketeer coil and found that it works well. So there is an updated oscillator schematic there that will work. Since IGSL is pretty much two TGSL's on one board, pretty much everything from one applies to the other.

    Jerry
    Hi Jerry!

    I buyed from silverdog a TGSL-EDU kit, and a TGSL-EDU 2 Tone pcb, and a TGSL-EDU Minelab Coil pcb. Than I think it's works with Minelab coil (<~5 kHz). But I don't know: can I use to create so that both functions works (2 tones with Minelab coil)?!
    Either one or the other does it work?

    THX

    Leave a comment:


  • Biogas
    replied
    Thank you Silverdog the answer, thankyou Silvedog the TGSL kit!

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Jerry
    replied
    I am not sure if you find it while searching the TGSL threads. Try looking at the original IGSL thread. Early on Ivconic tried the Musketeer coil and found that it works well. So there is an updated oscillator schematic there that will work. Since IGSL is pretty much two TGSL's on one board, pretty much everything from one applies to the other.

    Jerry

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X