Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

complete project Circuit diagram

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by mschmahl View Post
    and more
    I have built it partwise. Some results what I could do on youtube.


    It was experimentell with a lot of potential, but I had never a completed detector.
    These designs had a problem with the inrush current, because there was no inrush current limiting. Under certain conditions this could blow the mosfet gate.

    Leave a comment:


  • mschmahl
    replied
    more...

    Leave a comment:


  • mschmahl
    replied
    more video

    Leave a comment:


  • mschmahl
    replied
    and more
    I have built it partwise. Some results what I could do on youtube.


    It was experimentell with a lot of potential, but I had never a completed detector.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • mschmahl
    replied
    Tinkerers schematics

    I have some of the schematics, but don“t know how new they are. If I remeber right, than this are the original schematics of tinkerer.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    I remember some of your newer schematics containing balanced mic preamps, INA and THAT, so there must be some newer stuff. Perhaps you could find those in your attachments on this forum. I did it for my attachments previously. It works only for the files you attached to the forum, and not the files you linked from elsewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Tinkerer schematics

    I found these 2 schematics.
    There might be later versions. I am still trying to find.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    Dave's tutorial is nice but its for coplanar coils, I was thinking to create a 2D.
    There's an old post where you describe your experimental 2D coil with bucking coil
    The bucking coil looks to be ~3cm diameter (hence my 15cm long wire) and placed mostly on the RX side
    correct

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Ahhh... 2D = DD
    Correct, no bucking coil needed. On the classic DD adjusting the 'over lap' Null the coil.

    Tinker's small loop is fine adjustment after 'course' adjustment with the over lap.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Dave's tutorial is nice but its for coplanar coils, I was thinking to create a 2D.
    There's an old post where you describe your experimental 2D coil with bucking coil
    The bucking coil looks to be ~3cm diameter (hence my 15cm long wire) and placed mostly on the RX side

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    I'm using TINKERERS_V1_002-12-13-2009
    I have not used a ground plane, I may have problems with the inrush current, I did add few things for soft switch, don't like the sparks when switching on.
    Nevermind all that it's just a proof of concept board, I'm more worried if it will fire at all and about the coil construction. I will try building a 2D coil:
    28cm coil former, 1mm2 litz wire 300uH for TX, and for RX I can use 0.5mm2 enamelled copper single wire 180uH+180uH;
    for the the bucking coil 1x15cm long wire same wire as TX in circular shape
    The TX wire will have no more than 0.4R-0.5R resistance.
    The 1x15cm loop is only for fine adjustment. You still need the bucking coil. Better read David Emery's instructions again.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    I'm using TINKERERS_V1_002-12-13-2009
    I have not used a ground plane, I may have problems with the inrush current, I did add few things for soft switch, don't like the sparks when switching on.
    Nevermind all that it's just a proof of concept board, I'm more worried if it will fire at all and about the coil construction. I will try building a 2D coil:
    28cm coil former, 1mm2 litz wire 300uH for TX, and for RX I can use 0.5mm2 enamelled copper single wire 180uH+180uH;
    for the the bucking coil 1x15cm long wire same wire as TX in circular shape
    The TX wire will have no more than 0.4R-0.5R resistance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    which schematic are you using?

    Do you have a ground plane?

    You might have to add an inrush current control.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    I'm using Diptrace 3 which is by far the best.

    The board is fully finished now and it will go into the fab for manufacturing as soon as If find one more hour to recheck for errors. Board sizes are 145x100

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Looks good,what ECAD are you using?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X