Here's a little mystery for you:
By the way, I'm not trying to be mysterious ... I don't know the answer either.

Have a look at the attached simulation. The left-hand circuit uses the standard LTSpice inductor model with a series resistance parameter of 3 ohms and a parallel capacitance parameter of 200pF. Whereas the right-hand circuit (a direct copy of circuit 1) has been modified, with the LTSpice inductor model having only the inductance value specified, and the series resistance and parallel capacitance realised with discrete parts.
Theoretically there should be no difference in the simulation results ... but there is!

At 10us, when the mosfet is turned on, there is a small glitch in I(L1), and two other glitches after the mosfet is turned off. However, none of these gitches are present in I(L3).
Why?????
You can try removing the zener diodes across the mosfets if you wish, but it just makes the glitches bigger.
Something for you to ponder over.
P.S. Just noticed that I used a conventional diode symbol for the zener, but that's just a visual problem as it still works correctly.
) (see above example for n=4)
) 
)
). So it starts tracking down to be proportional to the reduced slope of the TX current.
Leave a comment: