Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

complete project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • smity
    replied
    There are a lot of useful information. Done a great job. And do not get the full project. How to make a diagram of these modules, I do not know. Advise please. Nuggets have gone, and the historical findings we have are interesting. It would be nice to see a complete and workable design. Thank you in advance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Finished project

    Satdaveuk,

    I have no use for a finished metal detector myself, but I enjoy tinkering with the design of metal detectors, always trying to improve the performance.

    The Tinkerers_V1 is about complete, but it's parts are scattered over several threads, we would have to look for the last version of each part and join them together. It worked fine in the lab, but I did not make any real field tests.

    I learned a lot during the design of the Tinkerers_V1. Now I am applying this knowledge in a more recent and advanced design.
    In the meantime, MOODZ has also released the UNIPI. The UNIPI is an advanced, PI, programmed dspPIC, I think MOODZ is also giving away for free, the programming code.

    Anyway, MOODZ was so kind of sending me an UNIPI and that is what I use now for the timing.

    So, please tell me about your design goals:

    What do you want to use the detector for? The design will need to be different for relic hunting than for nugget hunting.

    There seems to be a continuous interest in a very deep reaching detector. To reach really deep, the coil needs to be large. Such detectors often use coils of 1m x 1m square. I prefer round myself, but the difference is not important.

    With traditional PI detectors the large diameter coils have little sensitivity to small targets, like a hammered silver coil of 2cm diameter.

    We could put together a detector that can overcome this limit. This might be quite a popular success.

    A simple, yet advanced design.

    Through hole, easy to find non expensive parts.

    What else would be on your wish list?

    Should we make a poll to find out what the popular wishes might be?

    Tinkerer

    Leave a comment:


  • smity
    replied
    When it is final? And then, just a theory and practical design no. Search for nothing ... Just read on ...

    Leave a comment:


  • Taktyk
    replied
    Tinkerer,

    Can you see the results of your work on a project on you tube?



    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Tinkerer
    replied
    Originally posted by satdaveuk View Post
    Hi Tinker
    Have you a completed metal detector project made up yet using your latest IB/PI design as im itching to get started, dont want SMD just the bog standard.
    Ive been following all your threads but not technical enough to put it all together.
    If its not complete can you guide me where to make the start and then can go from there.
    Many many thanks for your hard work it has to be the most interesting project on here todate.

    Kind regards
    I will be glad to help in any way I can.

    Tinkerer

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    started a topic complete project

    complete project

    Hi Tinker
    Have you a completed metal detector project made up yet using your latest IB/PI design as im itching to get started, dont want SMD just the bog standard.
    Ive been following all your threads but not technical enough to put it all together.
    If its not complete can you guide me where to make the start and then can go from there.
    Many many thanks for your hard work it has to be the most interesting project on here todate.

    Kind regards
Working...
X