Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on PIC-USB boards

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tinkerer
    replied
    USB board

    I would like a built one please.

    Tinkerer
    Last edited by Tinkerer; 01-08-2009, 10:45 PM. Reason: typo

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl-NC View Post
    I would like to see how much interest there is, so please reply to this thread as to whether you might want a blank board or a built one.
    Built one here, please!
    Regards,
    J. L. King

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Hi Carl,

    Could you also offer a kit-of-parts? i.e. the blank board + components.
    If so, how much?

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Update on the USB-PIC boards...

    I'm not exactly sure why it quit working, but I have finally gotten the bootloader going again. I am back to finishing up the IO functions. I can change the read/write direction of pins and can write bit values to pins. I need to code a read-pin function to complete the basic functionality.

    The PCB seems to be 100% good to go. I'm trying to decide whether to sell blank PCBs or to provide a semi-built board that is pre-programmed. Or maybe both. I'm thinking of $8 shipped (USA) for the bare board, and $35 shipped (USA) for a built/programmed board. $5 extra for overseas.

    The built/programmed board would consist of the PIC, USB jack, oscillator, R's & C's, push buttons, and jumper posts. It would not include the 3.3v regulator or the power jacks, so it would initially be limited to running off the USB power. But it could easily be upgraded for the other power options.

    If I decide to sell built boards I will have to limit it to one a person, and will probably limit it to established Geotech members. I would like to see how much interest there is, so please reply to this thread as to whether you might want a blank board or a built one.

    As a reminder, this design is a PIC4550 with a complete USB interface, so you can program it via USB (no PIC programmer required). You can also communicate with it from a PC while it is running, so you can alter the program on-the-fly (PI timings, ferinstance), or change output bits, or read bit settings (or ADC), or log data, or whatever you want. PC-Windows software is easy.

    - Carl

    P.S. -- there is a new PIC4553 that is identical to the 4550 but has a 12b ADC instead of 10b. However, it is 50ksps instead of 100ksps.

    Leave a comment:


  • Berti
    replied
    hi

    Have a good holiday!

    New year, new ideas, new thoughts .....


    Marry Christmas and Happy New Year


    cheers
    B

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    started a topic Update on PIC-USB boards

    Update on PIC-USB boards

    I have received USB boards and have been working on getting one running. Something has gone terribly wrong... my bootloader code has quit working, and I have yet to figure it out. So I went back to the original Microchip code, and I cannot get it to work, either. Furthermore, in testing code on my Microchip demo board I've gotten that chip in a state where it doesn't work. Sheesh!

    I am about to leave on extended holiday travels so I'm afraid the PIC-USB project will have to wait until I return in January. Stay tuned...

    - Carl
Working...
X