Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    I am having this, would it be compatible?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201019_112417.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	358397


    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by nickel_n View Post
    Mine its on the way.
    it will take some time coming from US. i can,t wait.
    Thank 's George
    Even if you order the book directly from amazon.com.au it stills ships from the U.S.A.?
    Does Amazon Australia not have the ability to print-on-demand?

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Thank god for the UK forwarding address I have. Grand Total: GBP12.03 - with free prime shipping.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    The BOM from the book says : PIC18F4520

    Thanks at $10.00 a chip I just require the correct one ,

    I used the I/P version, but either will be ok.
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • nickel_n
    replied
    Mine its on the way.
    it will take some time coming from US. i can,t wait.
    Thank 's George

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Hello George, before I order, did you use PIC18F4520-I/P or 4520-E/P, or does it not matter , thanks.
    This is shown in the datasheet under Product Identification System.
    I and E refer to the temperature range of the device:
    I = -40 DegC to +85 DegC (Industrial)
    E = -40 DegC to +125 DegC (Extended)
    P = PDIP (package type)

    I used the I/P version, but either will be ok.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Hello George, before I order, did you use PIC18F4520-I/P or 4520-E/P, or does it not matter , thanks.
    The BOM from the book says : PIC18F4520

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Hello George, before I order, did you use PIC18F4520-I/P or 4520-E/P, or does it not matter , thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    ordered, for me too
    cheers, lamoiz

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    My copy arrived today as well and pcb's are on order

    That is great! Was in the process of ordering new MPP and Surf PCBs, cause my old ones have
    suffered greatly due to experimenting and lots of soldering/unsoldering components/wires.

    So I will wait a little more, hopefully only a few weeks ... please do post here when the pcbs are in.

    cheers, polymer

    Leave a comment:


  • Polymer
    replied
    George,

    Wow ... I bow, tipping my hat to you !

    I am waiting to see if my current ordering method will work.
    If not, I will have to go the same way as Ivconic via friends in Central Europe.
    Hope to get your book sooner or later by any means.

    Could you please post a BOM, if thats not too much asked.
    Getting specific components is usually difficult from my current location.
    I would also like to get ahead of the pre-Christmas tsunami of shipping problems.

    I am really looking forward to this project, yippee, what a lovely X-Mas present!

    Cheers, polymer

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    My pcb's are Awaiting carrier pickup., book has not been actioned yet still in que boo to amazon

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Lower quality graphic in the book would not be a problem, at all.
    Since we live in a "digital era" and of course; later on when this topic arises: George can post partially a "bad" parts from a book.
    From my standing point is much more important what's written in the book.
    ITMD is good written book and one of a kind. So i am sure George continued with good practice.
    Counting days... restless.

    Leave a comment:


  • Phantom
    replied
    Thank you very much George for the schematic in Figure 3-12.


    I understand that you are a bit upset with this issue of schematics, there are always things like this that can happen in publications, especially when you do not have experience in a specific publication procedure that can alter the originals, in this case KDP.


    Regarding the diagrams, the members of the forum will tell you if it is necessary to publish them here. From my point of view it will be necessary in the end, but it does not have to be now.


    However for the record I want to say that you have done an extraordinary job on this book, and that it is an "essential" as is ITMD. I recommend it to all participants in the forum. This will provide us with many hours of discussion and debate, you will see.


    What's more, don't be surprised if commercial designs based on this idea of ​​a hybrid PI / VLF detector suddenly start to appear, or "oriental" kits begin to appear that will be copies of your design.


    It only remains for me to congratulate you


    Phantom

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    I'm glad I resolved it,,,really happy it's arriving earlier cos' I'm eagerly waiting to start reading it,,I still regularly read the last book you and Carl wrote and feel priveleged to be a member of the forum of the guys that wrote them,,it really is kind and amazing all the things you and Carl do for all us members and can't wait to learn some more cool stuff! Thanks again Quiaozhi, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X