Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PhilTas
    replied
    Hi Everyone,

    This is my first post.
    I'm preparing to build a Voodoo detector, and have the pcbs already.
    Am looking forward to this an conversing with you as the build progresses.
    Cheers Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by suli1963an View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam:

    I purchased the book, "The Voodoo Project." Please provide me with a link to the schematics and components.

    Thank you.​ Click image for larger version  Name:	book.png Views:	0 Size:	254.5 KB ID:	445349
    The Voodoo Project - Published October 2020​

    Leave a comment:


  • suli1963an
    replied
    Dear Sir/Madam:

    I purchased the book, "The Voodoo Project." Please provide me with a link to the schematics and components.

    Thank you.​ Click image for larger version

Name:	book.png
Views:	286
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	445349

    Leave a comment:


  • Rebus
    replied
    It’s your work that is superb, Georges!

    In a first step, I will fill the printed circuit board according to your description, with a Pic and the original firmware,
    testing its functionality and performance with various coils, homemade of course....

    Afterwards, I would like to retrieve the SPI port of the Arduino (pins 12 and 13), in order to connect a TFT display,
    and if I am able to adapt the use of the Timers, maybe replace the Nano board with a Teensy.

    PS : Thank you very much for the Junior Member qualification ! because for a few years already, I have been classified rather in the Senior II or III categories )

    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebus View Post
    Bonjour à tous,
    It was while browsing the Amazon site that I discovered this project.
    I ordered the book and .... after years of absence from this forum, I plunged back into the world of metal detectors.
    Waiting to receive the circuit board, I couldn’t resist testing the Arduino version. Finding the 1.3" display a bit small, I had a 2.42" OLED that slept in a drawer, a little more expensive but so much more comfortable.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	307
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	443341​
    Congratulation for this achievement and the adaptation of the code on the Arduino IDE.​
    Very good, I look forward to your experience with the project.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rebus
    replied
    Bonjour à tous,
    It was while browsing the Amazon site that I discovered this project.
    I ordered the book and .... after years of absence from this forum, I plunged back into the world of metal detectors.
    Waiting to receive the circuit board, I couldn’t resist testing the Arduino version. Finding the 1.3" display a bit small, I had a 2.42" OLED that slept in a drawer, a little more expensive but so much more comfortable.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	307
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	443341​
    Congratulation for this achievement and the adaptation of the code on the Arduino IDE.​

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    To be honest, I cannot remember the actual level of current consumption.
    However, it could quite easily be even higher then 180mA depending on the TX pulse width.
    The TX pulse width can be adjusted from 10μs to 180μs. The default value is 150μs.​
    You should get at least 10 hours of detecting time from a 2500mAh battery pack.

    Leave a comment:


  • zmaj od nocaja
    replied
    It's very strange to me too, I tried to remove all the chips from the board and it heats up only when the pic18f4520 is turned on, if I turn it off, 79l05 doesn't heat up at all, but considering the current that passes through the 79l05 3.4ma, it's most likely a bad stabilizer assembly from China. Otherwise, the detector works great in both pulse and hybrid mode and the discrimination is excellent. I was only worried about the current consumption from the 180ma battery is that normal for this detector?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by zmaj od nocaja View Post
    The total current drawn by the detector from the battery is 180ma. The current flowing through the 79l05 is only 3.4ma but it still gets quite hot. The voltage on the test pin TP14 is -5.01v and on TP15 it is +5v.
    I don't understand how the 79l05 is getting hot if it's only drawing 3.4mA.

    Leave a comment:


  • zmaj od nocaja
    replied
    The total current drawn by the detector from the battery is 180ma. The current flowing through the 79l05 is only 3.4ma but it still gets quite hot. The voltage on the test pin TP14 is -5.01v and on TP15 it is +5v.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    180mA seems too high, especially as the 790L5 is rated at 100mA.
    Are all the voltages at the correct level, or are they being dragged down?

    Leave a comment:


  • zmaj od nocaja
    replied
    Hello! I received the original pic 18f4520, it was successfully programmed and now everything works perfectly in hybrid and pulse mode, but the 79l05 heats up quite a bit and with a supply voltage of 12v, the total consumption is about 180ma. Is this some component drawing too much current or is it normal consumption?

    Leave a comment:


  • zmaj od nocaja
    replied
    Thank you very much. I'll have to get a pic18f4520 and try it out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Most likely it's a problem caused by using the PIC18452.
    The PIC18F4520 is backwards compatible with the PIC18F452, but not the other way round.

    Leave a comment:


  • zmaj od nocaja
    replied

    Hello. I made a Vudu detector, but I have a problem. I got the wrong picture from China instead of 18f4520, I got 18F452. The programming went fine and everything works as far as the program is concerned, but in any mode there is no detection sound. At test point 20 I see a voltage change when metal passes over the coil in pulse mode, but at test point 19 nothing happens. Could this be a problem with the PIC 18F452?​

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X