Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by David_1 View Post
    Hello can you see this
    Yes m8.

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    Hello can you see this

    Leave a comment:


  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Originally posted by yatahaze323 View Post
    I got some time to continue working on the detector and decided to measure the f75 coil and I'm getting,

    TX: 430 uH

    RX: 5.1 mH
    Those don't look right, the "official" values are 680uH and 6.8mH.

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    hi all, I sort of vanished in 2012, Quite amazed to see many of the same names still active here
    With pick and place so cheap now has anyone redrawn this as surface mount ? I favour JLcpcb at present !
    Does anyone have pcbs in the UK ? can it even be made as Surface mount ???
    Thanks all
    David

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by yatahaze323 View Post
    I got some time to continue working on the detector and decided to measure the f75 coil and I'm getting,

    TX: 430 uH

    RX: 5.1 mH

    Quite a bit different then George's coil was measured in the book.

    I searched through the forum but I was having trouble finding the formula to calculate the parallel capacitor value for the RX to get the 10.5kHz frequency. Does anybody know it?

    @surfdetector did you measure your f75 coil? If so what were your TX and RX values?

    Thanks everyone!


    Therefore:

    Leave a comment:


  • yatahaze323
    replied
    I got some time to continue working on the detector and decided to measure the f75 coil and I'm getting,

    TX: 430 uH

    RX: 5.1 mH

    Quite a bit different then George's coil was measured in the book.

    I searched through the forum but I was having trouble finding the formula to calculate the parallel capacitor value for the RX to get the 10.5kHz frequency. Does anybody know it?

    @surfdetector did you measure your f75 coil? If so what were your TX and RX values?

    Thanks everyone!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by yukondave View Post
    I did read through the PDF a few days ago but needed time to search through my parts bin. I came up with an Arduino and a 0.96" OLED display.

    [ATTACH]56653[/ATTACH]

    Is the adapter PCB available somewhere or do I need to upload the gerber to a service like PCBWay and buy 5 of them?
    DIY Detectors don't have the Nano adapter on offer -> https://diydetector.co.uk/store/index.php
    so you will need to upload the Gerbers.
    JLCPCB will turn them round very quickly.

    Leave a comment:


  • yukondave
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    As I stated above, you might want to seriously consider doing the Arduino version of the Voodoo project. At least read through the pdf that describes the modification and you can do away with the PIC
    Cheers
    I did read through the PDF a few days ago but needed time to search through my parts bin. I came up with an Arduino and a 0.96" OLED display.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220204_160922.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	362433

    Is the adapter PCB available somewhere or do I need to upload the gerber to a service like PCBWay and buy 5 of them?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by yukondave View Post
    Thanks for the offer, I ordered one from Tayda and it will be here in 7-60 days.
    That is quite a broad estimate. Offer still stands if you need it.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by yukondave View Post
    Thanks for the offer, I ordered one from Tayda and it will be here in 7-60 days.
    As I stated above, you might want to seriously consider doing the Arduino version of the Voodoo project. At least read through the pdf that describes the modification and you can do away with the PIC
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • yukondave
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    I have a spare one I could post to you.
    Thanks for the offer, I ordered one from Tayda and it will be here in 7-60 days.

    Leave a comment:


  • yukondave
    replied
    Ah, the elusive "page 1" I've been searcing for, Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by yukondave View Post
    Also, is there a list of components on here somewhere? I'd like to start sourcing everything in case of other shortages.

    Thanks.
    The component parts list is here -> The Voodoo Project - Published October 2020

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by yukondave View Post
    So I ordered the book, it'll be here Saturday. I ordered the PCB and it should be here in a few weeks.

    I started looking for parts at DigiKey, Mouser and Newark but they are all showing the PIC18F4520 as backordered with delivery mid to late 2022. Being in Canada I have limited vendors that will ship to me. Anyone here know of a source for the PIC?

    Also, is there a list of components on here somewhere? I'd like to start sourcing everything in case of other shortages.

    Thanks.
    I have a spare one I could post to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by yukondave View Post
    So I ordered the book, it'll be here Saturday. I ordered the PCB and it should be here in a few weeks.

    I started looking for parts at DigiKey, Mouser and Newark but they are all showing the PIC18F4520 as backordered with delivery mid to late 2022. Being in Canada I have limited vendors that will ship to me. Anyone here know of a source for the PIC?

    Also, is there a list of components on here somewhere? I'd like to start sourcing everything in case of other shortages.

    Thanks.
    You might be better off just doing the Arduino version of the Voodoo and then you won't have to worry about the PIC.
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X