Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carl-NC
    replied
    Futurlec has them:

    https://www.futurlec.com


    Leave a comment:


  • yukondave
    replied
    So I ordered the book, it'll be here Saturday. I ordered the PCB and it should be here in a few weeks.

    I started looking for parts at DigiKey, Mouser and Newark but they are all showing the PIC18F4520 as backordered with delivery mid to late 2022. Being in Canada I have limited vendors that will ship to me. Anyone here know of a source for the PIC?

    Also, is there a list of components on here somewhere? I'd like to start sourcing everything in case of other shortages.

    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt_Rowe
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Matt there is information regarding the F75 coil on pages 70,71 and 75 of the book.
    Cheers

    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt_Rowe View Post
    is that fisher coil a vlf coil, or pi coil, or does it matter, i went to the link and couldnt see it in the specs
    never mind i just looked up the model on net, how do you delete posts
    Matt there is information regarding the F75 coil on pages 70,71 and 75 of the book.
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt_Rowe
    replied
    is that fisher coil a vlf coil, or pi coil, or does it matter, i went to the link and couldnt see it in the specs
    never mind i just looked up the model on net, how do you delete posts

    Leave a comment:


  • reiv
    replied
    Has anyone who built Voodoo with succes, can put any video showing how it performes for example on different targets, how deep is with disc on the field, how accurate disc is etc. ?

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Thanks Surfdetector.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by yatahaze323 View Post
    I had purchased mine from Kellyco, but it might have been the last one in stock when I bought it.
    Thank you.
    Yes it looks like you bought the last one as this coil is now out of stock. Unfortunately, KellyCo do not ship to the UK either. Guess I will just have to build on to their spec. Could you send me dimensions please.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by yatahaze323 View Post
    I had purchased mine from Kellyco, but it might have been the last one in stock when I bought it.
    Kellyco Metal Detectors has the perfect metal detector for you- whether you are a beginner or experienced. From Security to Hobby- Begin your search today!

    Leave a comment:


  • yatahaze323
    replied
    I had purchased mine from Kellyco, but it might have been the last one in stock when I bought it.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by yatahaze323 View Post
    Thanks Surfdetector for confirming the 470r I'll start with that.

    Carl, thanks for the clarification I just got the coil in today and luckily I had some connectors that fit the plug perfect.

    If anyone else decides to go with a f75 coil you'll need a 16mm microphone connector, these are the ones I had for a previous project but are not in stock anymore: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015K3Z5AG/
    I am struggling to find a F75 coil. Can you share where you purchased your from?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by fathallah View Post
    Thanks Mr Qiaozi but i dont have oscilloscope and no frequence on my multimeter.
    On page iv of the book it is written:
    "... please be aware that you will need to have access to some reasonable test equipment. Without a 2-channel oscilloscope, a multimeter, and an LCR meter, your attempts will be doomed to failure."

    In other words, it will be virtually impossible for you to complete this project without an oscilloscope.
    Bearing in mind that you haven't even got past the first stage of building the power supply.

    Leave a comment:


  • fathallah
    replied
    Thanks Mr Qiaozi but i dont have oscilloscope and no frequence on my multimeter.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by fathallah View Post
    hello everyone
    please who can show me how to test LT1054 on breadboard to know if it is good or false .
    Because i have problems on my three voodoo pcb's powersupply.
    thanks.
    Do you have a sync pulse on U8 (LT1054) pin 7?

    Leave a comment:


  • fathallah
    replied
    hello everyone
    please who can show me how to test LT1054 on breadboard to know if it is good or false .
    Because i have problems on my three voodoo pcb's powersupply.
    thanks.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X