Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Similar question:
    why ...Tools-me Programmer F11... or mikroProg Suite is not recognizing this development board as well?
    Since both (mikroBootloader and me Programmer) are parts of MikorC Pro for PIC software.
    What kind of problem is this?
    (that's why i don't like MikroE and their "philosophy" at all)
    ...
    Probably driver for my development board? Which is? Where to find it? Not on MikroE site for sure!
    So i have now all the products from the very same manufacturer and those are not recognizing each other!?
    Pfffffff!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Ok... so 18F45K22 is a long shot.
    No problem.
    I am sure 100% that i can put 18F4520 in socket instead 18F45K22 and flash it as well.
    I am only not sure if i can obtain 18F4520 in local shops.
    ...
    Oh yes i can:


    Now.. question is; since mikroBootloader is easy recognizing the board at USB and can connect it; is it correct if i only flash the hex simply into chip with mikroBootloader?
    I have to ask this; i am not familiar with these "new" PIC's at all.
    I am AVR freak totally. But i didn't payed much of attention on PIC's lately.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    @Q;
    two screenshots i couldn't post on pm:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	soft.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	358401
    Click image for larger version

Name:	me.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	358402

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    L stands for logic level

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    @Qiaozhi,,The mosfets, FQT7N10 (Q11, Q13), are they FQT7N10L or FQT7NLTF? or is either ok? And are they SOT-233 (Surface mount)< Thanks, Marty.
    Q11 and Q13 are FQT7N10 (SOT233). The FQT7N10L appears to have identical specs, but not sure what the L stands for.
    Also, cannot find a datasheet for an FQT7NLTF.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Qiaozhi,,The mosfets, FQT7N10 (Q11, Q13), are they FQT7N10L or FQT7NLTF? or is either ok? And are they SOT-233 (Surface mount)< Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    These two PICs are very compatible (pin for pin the same) but there will be slight code differences.
    Once the Source code is available I can take a look and port to a newer PIC.
    Yes, these two PICs (18F4520 and 18F45K22) are upwards compatible pin-wise, but that's about it. The internal registers and config bits are quite different.
    I've been comparing the two datasheets, and also found this migration document -> http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/e...doc/39647a.pdf
    The 18F45K20 is much more complicated than this project requires.

    The 18F4520 ADCs are enabled in sequential blocks using ADCON1, whereas the 18F45K22 uses ADCON1 to set the positive and negative voltage references. The ADCs can also be enabled/disabled individually using the ANSEL registers (ANSELA to ANSELE).
    The T0CON register appears to be unchanged, but T1CON is quite different. Timer1 has many more features than the the 18F4520.
    I'm not certain from the datasheet, but it looks like writing to EEPROM is also affected.

    I think there are too many differences between the two to just compile this blindly and hope for the best.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks Qiaozhi,,,I've just begun reading the book,,,chores are done!,,Lol. Thanks again, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    I have been using the newest 'Q' PICs which are faster, lots more memory and periphials and only cost $1.24.
    Waltr Which chips have you been playing with ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    The code is done with MikroE and not with the XC32/MplabX so porting will be a little more involving ? Maybe a stripping down LCD support and stuff would help I've ordered the book today I can't wait to see more about the project and see what's all about. I'm wondering about coils, the firmware and circuit it's all very exciting thanks for this opportunity George.
    I own a copy of Mikroelektronika's mikroC PRO compiler which is obviously why I used that to develop the software, but perhaps someone can port it to the MPLAB XC compiler. I would do it myself but am currently tied up with other things.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Can a DIY Coil be built for the Voodoo? If so, what are the inductances etc of the Troy 9" concentric please? I know the answers are probably there in the book but I haven't yet started to read it,,,till later tonight!,,my partner says not until my chores are done!,,Lol. Thanks George, Regards, Marty.
    Yes, you can make your own coil. All your questions are answered in Chapter 6.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Bernte one,,,Which PCB Company did you order from? 10.60 euro is a good price! Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    good news - gerber are ok for production of pcb

    but after looking pcb design (as total noob myself i thing) i would do many changes
    biiger copper tracks, especially at the power consuming parts, other size of soldering pads according to type of soldered parts
    i would cut it also into two pcb connected with pcb header, or single soldered pins
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    I just copy-typed myself a BOM list from the book so now I can get on with collecting components. I have most parts already to hand and only need to order the mosfets, microcontroller and of course,,,,,the necessary PCB from Andy once he recieves the boards. @Qiaozhi - Can a DIY Coil be built for the Voodoo? If so, what are the inductances etc of the Troy 9" concentric please? I know the answers are probably there in the book but I haven't yet started to read it,,,till later tonight!,,my partner says not until my chores are done!,,Lol. Thanks George, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi all,,A very happy day today!,,My book arrived! And I only ordered it about 3 days ago! Really pleased. Thanks again George, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X