Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt_Rowe View Post
    Maybe this style of coil, this from don bowers pdf i downloaded on making an IDX Concentric Coplaner coil.
    [ATTACH]54088[/ATTACH]

    If Don does not want met to share his image, i wll remove it, it is from his pdf i downloaded that is the whole process to build one of these, and who better to make the coil shell also, which i have bought some shells from him and they are as good or better than whites, or anyone else also,I dont have his permission to share the pdf so i wont.

    This for the whites classic series which is a vlf, but it does use 5 wires like a whites.
    Maybe have to build 2 coils for voodoo, one for vlf, and one for PI.
    I have learned from my experience that when something can do multiple things, it cant do one thing the best as to say.
    When i took my detectors out prospecting, i always took 2, my whites goldmaster, which ran at 50khz, and my tesoro which ran at 25khz.
    Goldmaster for small gold, and Tesoro for larger. Both vlf. i would switch them. Goldmaster for smaller stuff, Tesoro for deeper bigger.Goldmaster more sensitive.
    No problem with the image! That image shows up everywhere. Glad someone else could use it.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Hi lamoiz
    Thank you your information is very helpfull, I may have more questions later, cheers.

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    While waiting for my PCB and PIC to arrive I decided to build a concentric except I went for a more conventional 360uH TX and 6.9mH RX coil. To test it I attached it to a modified Surf PI Pro with a split TX and RX. To my amazement it worked great for a disc channel but required reduced gain. So I figured why not just build a separate disc channel and have an analog version of the VooDoo? I am just using the existing PI channel as an equivalent GB channel and borrowed some of George’s idea from the VooDoo project. I am just merging the two channels just like the Raptor, TGSL or Whites classic with a pair of LM393s. The only real challenge was getting the frequency response of the GB and disc channels close to the same. Also.. Resonant frequency of the RX channel doesn’t seem to matter much as long as the sample delay and sample pulse can be adjusted to sample at the correct time.
    Too many ideas from on George’s books to post here but I can show that it works.
    https://youtu.be/9aqxGrFK9fo


    So, here is a little demo of how it works. It deals with the ground signal quite well and can disc iron with an analogue meter.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Hi lamoiz, thats really great work thanks, for the null,
    did you use the Voodoo in hybrid mode ?,
    what part of the schematic did you monitor to watch the null ?, and did you just go for simple minimum null ?
    with the super D, the cap was in parallel with the two RX windings ?
    why did you choose ~11 milli Henry for the RX value ? are they all 3 coils roughly the same outside diameter ?
    Happy New Year All.
    the super D is a little smaller than the omega and the DD, 11mh to resonate at 10.5khz with a capacity of 22nf, on the three coils I made the same values ​​in order to be able to compare the shapes. to set the null, in PI mode, position the rx coil (or the two rx on the superD) and look at the waveform on tp3, then on tp4, then switch to hybrid mode without touching anything, and watch the signal on tp5 for an adjustment of the waveform .. here I did it like that ,, I don't know if this is the right method, but it is the one that I did .. on the super d, yes the capa is parallel to the two coils series.
    for the super D, you have to pay attention to the direction of rotation of the electro fields, it is not always easy to locate the right connection wires.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    hi, not had a lot of time to work at the moment but, I did work a little bit anyway .. So, question, in your opinion ... who is the winner in the photo ?? I have the answer![ATTACH]54086[/ATTACH]
    for information, all tested with the same capacity of 21.6nf, and make all the same values ​​or almost. the DD tx = 370uh Rd 550r RX = 11.11mh. Omega TX = 355uh Rd = 400r RX 10.96mh, and superD TX 389uh Rd 550r Rx 10.6mh (5.3 + 5.3) the idea of ​​all this is to share the experience and value if one shape is better than another.
    they are also made with the same wires of Litz 175/46 on the TX and 0.18mm on the RX otherwise it does not make sense ...

    Hi lamoiz, thats really great work thanks, for the null,
    did you use the Voodoo in hybrid mode ?,
    what part of the schematic did you monitor to watch the null ?, and did you just go for simple minimum null ?
    with the super D, the cap was in parallel with the two RX windings ?
    why did you choose ~11 milli Henry for the RX value ? are they all 3 coils roughly the same outside diameter ?
    Happy New Year All.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt_Rowe
    replied
    here is a link to the TGSL thread with the downloadable docs on how to build the coil, a concentric, Rx, TX, And Bx or bucking with all the wire sizes, turns, ect.
    I have downloaded the files and they are written perfectly with wire sizes, lengths, and pics of the complete process from Dbowers who makes the coil shells and posts here.
    Maybe not what people need for a coil, this is from Dbowers, I have attached a Click image for larger version

Name:	db flowers coil.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	358861
    Here is the link, its at the bottom of downloads, in sticky on top of page HERE

    Leave a comment:


  • tomec123
    replied
    The wire sizes for RX / TX and possibly the number of turns would be very interesting for the IDX-Pro project. That would really help a lot. If you already have the Black Max 950 on ;-)

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    I should have left them alone they were working I had used them on the voltage level converters.
    I replaced them then decided to do a flux clean of the whole board and lost my + 5 rail I've been replacing parts to no avail so far.
    Pic is working but my sync pulse is off.
    [ATTACH]54100[/ATTACH]
    .
    I had exactly the same problem.
    I put BC547/BC557. Than i replaced them with 3904/3906.
    Still no +5V. I traced sync signal from PIC till the LT1054.
    It was weird looking but it was there.
    Same as on your blue trace.
    Replacing 78L05 with 7805 solved problem.
    Weird, no logic...

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    I think that the 2n2222 is actually the more robust part.
    I should have left them alone they were working I had used them on the voltage level converters.

    I replaced them then decided to do a flux clean of the whole board and lost my + 5 rail I've been replacing parts to no avail so far.
    Pic is working but my sync pulse is off.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	tp9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,019.4 KB
ID:	358859

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Right now its apart I have to do some part swapping I ran out of 2n3904' on my build and used 2n2222 but i want to switch them to original.
    .
    I think that the 2n2222 is actually the more robust part.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Hi Lamoiz
    Try www.elecify.com for litz wire. They are based in China but delivery is very quick

    thank you Martin, I'll watch this.

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    Happy New Year everyone i got my pickit3 today and my lcd screen my chip is programmed and built my damping resistor jig also just waiting on my board now

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Hi, Could you please post an image of this please?
    Right now its apart I have to do some part swapping I ran out of 2n3904' on my build and used 2n2222 but i want to switch them to original.
    I'm having bad noise problems in pi mode I have to figure out still.
    I should have it back together tonight.
    See what happens.
    Happy New Year To you all as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    ''DITTO''!,,,Happy new year everyone and best wishes for a prosperous, healthier and happier 2021! Regards, Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    happy new year 2021 to all. best wishes

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X