Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Alec,,I'll have to see what other speakers I can get hold of. Excellent work you did on the you tube videos!!,Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hiya Alec,,What speaker are you using for your Voodoo? And did you have to change the value of R64? I only ask because Lamoiz mentioned problems with his project using an 8 ohm speaker. Thanks, Marty.
    The external speaker that I have hooked up in the video is 154 ohm, it is from an old telephone hand set. The Headphones that I tested with it are 32 ohm and have built-in volume control. The volume is Extremely loud without a control. I installed the 33 ohm resistor and have had no issues with excessive heating.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hiya Alec,,What speaker are you using for your Voodoo? And did you have to change the value of R64? I only ask because Lamoiz mentioned problems with his project using an 8 ohm speaker. Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by sbalio1 View Post
    Hi friends can you help i have pic18F452 can i use it .
    See post #526.

    Leave a comment:


  • sbalio1
    replied
    Hi friends can you help i have pic18F452 can i use it .

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    .
    I have just posted the full Mikroelectronika mikroC Pro project files in post #1 to assist you in the challenge.
    Looking forward to the result.
    Excellent, thank you for posting the project George, much appreciated.

    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Thanks Mdtoday.
    I have just posted the full Mikroelectronika mikroC Pro project files in post #1 to assist you in the challenge.
    Looking forward to the result.

    Waltr - the configuration bit settings are part of the mikroC project files.
    Thanks.I suspected they were.
    I XC I like having these in the code.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    When I clear the decks of current projects, I'll do a port and share.
    Thanks Mdtoday.
    I have just posted the full Mikroelectronika mikroC Pro project files in post #1 to assist you in the challenge.
    Looking forward to the result.

    Waltr - the configuration bit settings are part of the mikroC project files.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    ID looks good on the bench, any plans to bury some targets and re test ?, congrats on getting it working.
    I will be doing a video of it at the beach on a regular hunt probably next week when I get my parts for the box and shaft. There should be plenty of iron to identify.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    For those interested;

    Here is the HiTech C LCD library I modified slightly to use in a front panel I designed a little while ago.

    Interfacing-LCD-with-PIC-Microcontroller-Hi-Tech-C (1).zip

    You can modify it to use in XC8 as I have done to suit hardware in this project here;

    PiPi_FP_Test.zip

    Please note it is a test project, working but not optimised.
    It is posted to help those who may wish to port George's code.

    I also use the Mikro C Dongle Version Compiler from time to time so will build the hardware and use Mikro C first then do the port to XC8 later.
    That way I know my way around the firmware and what it is doing rather than blindly porting it and having head scratching moments.

    Well written book George, thank you for sharing.

    Based on PIC16LF1829

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PiPi_FP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	358678

    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    Thanks for posting the source.Looking through the code and quickly see that you used many build-in MikroC functions (libraries) that would need to be written in XC8.
    First example is the function Lcd_Chr(row, col, value);
    Others are ADC_Read(batt_adc); EEPROM_Write(0, 0xAA); EEPROM_Read(2); Lcd_Out(); ADC_Init(); Lcd_Init();


    Plus there are none of the 'configuration bits' in the code.

    This will NOT be easy to convert to XC8.......
    @Waltr,

    Actually, its not to bad at all asuming one uses the MCC for setting up common peripherals. It is mostly syntax changes on port and register defines etc and there are a couple of LCD libraries available free that can be used to replace the Mikro C version.

    When I clear the decks of current projects, I'll do a port and share.

    For example working with SFR or port pins..

    ADCON0.ADON = 1; // ADC on is the Mikro c version of ADC enable
    ADON = 1; // ADC on is the XC8 version of same



    Here is the XC8 code for reading an ADC channel on the Pickini 4 project



    void Read_Opamp_Out()
    {

    ADC_SelectChannel(Analog_Offset);
    ADC_StartConversion();
    while(!ADC_IsConversionDone());
    DC_offset = ( ADC_GetConversionResult()>>3);

    }


    The EEprom example routine is

    // Save the current DAC value in EEPROM for the start of a next
    // calibration.
    EEPROM_WRITE(0x00,DAC_value);


    So not too bad.


    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    As surfdetector has successfully replicated the Voodoo project, I have posted (as promised) the source code in post #1.
    Although you can view the code using any text editor, you will need Mikroelektronika's mikroC Pro compiler to alter and recompile the hex.
    If anyone wants to accept the challenge of converting this to Microchip's MPLAB XC8 compiler, then be my guest.
    Thanks for posting the source.Looking through the code and quickly see that you used many build-in MikroC functions (libraries) that would need to be written in XC8.
    First example is the function Lcd_Chr(row, col, value);
    Others are ADC_Read(batt_adc); EEPROM_Write(0, 0xAA); EEPROM_Read(2); Lcd_Out(); ADC_Init(); Lcd_Init();


    Plus there are none of the 'configuration bits' in the code.

    This will NOT be easy to convert to XC8.......

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    This is a very good project. I thank you George for all of your hard work in researching and developing it for us. Here is a link to one of my videos which shows the Hybrid operation towards the end:
    https://youtu.be/6im66f8PGbk

    ID looks good on the bench, any plans to bury some targets and re test ?, congrats on getting it working.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    It looks like the oscillations are being generated on the PCB.
    Can you post an image of the main and EFE sample pulses? They should switch between -5V and +5V.
    As surfdetector has successfully replicated the Voodoo project, I have posted (as promised) the source code in post #1.
    Although you can view the code using any text editor, you will need Mikroelektronika's mikroC Pro compiler to alter and recompile the hex.
    If anyone wants to accept the challenge of converting this to Microchip's MPLAB XC8 compiler, then be my guest.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    here are the horrors ...[ATTACH]53859[/ATTACH][ATTACH]53860[/ATTACH][ATTACH]53861[/ATTACH]
    It looks like the oscillations are being generated on the PCB.
    Can you post an image of the main and EFE sample pulses? They should switch between -5V and +5V.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X