Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ahermida View Post
    I looked at how they printed and you can see that the resolution and amount of ink was "light" to put it mildly. I assume parts of the schematic have various colors that do not convert well. My suggestion is to convert all graphics to black/white before integrating it in the PDF file to be printed.

    Thanks for the schematic!
    The graphics were black and white, but that didn't help.
    For the Arduino Nano Pulse Induction Metal Detector I redrew all the schematics using Inkscape, which fixed the problem. For ITMD, Carl used Visio to redraw them, but this introduced some unintentional errors, and I tried [unsuccessfully] to avoid this with The Voodoo Project.
    Anyway, it's all part of the learning experience.

    Leave a comment:


  • ahermida
    replied
    I looked at how they printed and you can see that the resolution and amount of ink was "light" to put it mildly. I assume parts of the schematic have various colors that do not convert well. My suggestion is to convert all graphics to black/white before integrating it in the PDF file to be printed.

    Thanks for the schematic!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ahermida View Post
    I received the book recently and the schematics are barely readable. Is that normal? Where can I get the schematics?

    Thanks!
    The problem is that the PDF files looked ok, but the printed version did not have the same resolution.
    For the Arduino Nano PI Metal Detector Project I learnt from the Voodoo publishing experience and managed to correct this.
    Please find the schematics attached.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ahermida
    replied
    I received the book recently and the schematics are barely readable. Is that normal? Where can I get the schematics?

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Voyager
    replied
    Good morning everyone, thank you Martin B

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by Voyager View Post
    Good morning everyone on the forum, I'm here h? some time, and like some others I decided to try to build the voodoo metal detector, I don't come here to try to take advantage of anyone, I bought George's book because I believed from the beginning in the potential of this detector and I need a pi accessible, I wish I could count on someone who can help me, I did everything as George recommended, I followed all the steps from the beginning and my plate mounted I have 15.0 v on the panel, if anyone here can help me help i'll make a little video tomorrow and I will post it, thanks for all your attention (and I apologize for the spelling mistakes this is a google translation
    I did a series of videos as I built my Voodoo detector, you might find them helpful:

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by Voyager View Post
    Good morning everyone on the forum, I'm here h? some time, and like some others I decided to try to build the voodoo metal detector, I don't come here to try to take advantage of anyone, I bought George's book because I believed from the beginning in the potential of this detector and I need a pi accessible, I wish I could count on someone who can help me, I did everything as George recommended, I followed all the steps from the beginning and my plate mounted I have 15.0 v on the panel, if anyone here can help me help i'll make a little video tomorrow and I will post it, thanks for all your attention (and I apologize for the spelling mistakes this is a google translation
    Hi Voyager,
    Whatever your problem, I am sure someone will be able to help.

    Leave a comment:


  • Voyager
    replied
    Good morning everyone on the forum, I'm here h? some time, and like some others I decided to try to build the voodoo metal detector, I don't come here to try to take advantage of anyone, I bought George's book because I believed from the beginning in the potential of this detector and I need a pi accessible, I wish I could count on someone who can help me, I did everything as George recommended, I followed all the steps from the beginning and my plate mounted I have 15.0 v on the panel, if anyone here can help me help i'll make a little video tomorrow and I will post it, thanks for all your attention (and I apologize for the spelling mistakes this is a google translation

    Leave a comment:


  • Voyager
    replied
    Bom dia

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    Don ... something a miss with your YouTube settings or mine I subscribed but the bell Icon will not set, so I will not know if you release something new.. it says something about children settings ! lol sorry I can not explain any better !

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    I finally got around to finishing this project. It all went together pretty well. The only issue I ran into was that my oscillator would not run with the two 22pf caps installed. (C2 and C4). I tried 2 different crystals.. ECS-200-20-1X and one other from Digikey..once I clipped them out it runs fine. The PI section is very sensitive. I have to run the threshold around 10 or so.. The Hybrid mode is so-so.. Runs quiet even with the disc threshold set at 0 but sensitivity is adequate.. It runs best at all default settings.
    For a coil, I built my own 10" concentric. 300uH TX and 6.8 mH RX. I will pot it later and do some field tests.
    Here is a quick video of bench testing in both modes.

    Don

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by yatahaze323 View Post
    I got some time to continue working on the detector and decided to measure the f75 coil and I'm getting,

    @surfdetector did you measure your f75 coil? If so what were your TX and RX values?
    Sorry, I just saw this. My values were very close to what George listed in the book.

    Leave a comment:


  • yatahaze323
    replied
    Thanks George for the formula!

    @Carl, I tested the coil again and I'm getting readings closer to the values that said. Getting TX: ~690uH RX:7.1mH, my connections must have been loose when I tested them before. Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by David_1 View Post
    thankyou I was thinking my post from the other night was only visible to me
    Hi David
    PCB's are available from https://diydetector.co.uk
    Not heard of anyone making a surface mount version, but I suppose you could always layout a pcb using Ki-cad or similar and then have the board made up by JLCPCB.
    Sometimes you will not get an immediate response due to work load etc. May be the answer to your question was posted earlier in the discussion. Bit of a slog reading back over 64 pages, but worthwhile.

    Leave a comment:


  • David_1
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Yes m8.
    thankyou I was thinking my post from the other night was only visible to me

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X