Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced PI coils

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aziz
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    Yes, you said:yet I wish to know how much exactly. In case it breaks the 40dB barrier - I'm very happy.
    Yes I know. This was a wrong assumption however. But it isn't possible to achieve both features.

    You can't get even a 40 dB rejection with perfect AI coils. 20-30 dB is possible.
    Aziz

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Yes, you said:
    Originally posted by Aziz View Post
    If we slightly make the inner RX- coil bigger, we could achieve the IB balance + AI feature.
    yet I wish to know how much exactly. In case it breaks the 40dB barrier - I'm very happy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aziz
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    I mean this one:


    I'm interested how much improvement is there with outer coil being 0.8Tx. If unbalanced portion falls below 100mV - this is it! It would provide over 40dB suppression either way. And besides, if inner coil is made squeezable, I can obtain perfect balance in a jiffy - just about the easiest thing to make of them all.

    ...

    @Sergey_P, please observe Aziz' avatar that's made with his software. It is very realistic.
    The results were already on the 0.8TX unit size for RX+. RX- being RX+/sqrt(2) (=0.8TX/sqrt(2)) unit size. No chance to make the coil performing well for both AI + IB conditions at the same time.

    Aziz

    Leave a comment:


  • Aziz
    replied
    Originally posted by Sergey_P View Post
    Biot-Savart-Laplace ... without field objectives...
    Yes, Biot-Savart, Maxwell equations, Faraday's Law.
    Aziz

    Leave a comment:


  • Sergey_P
    replied
    Originally posted by Aziz View Post
    Aziz
    Biot-Savart-Laplace ... without field objectives...

    Leave a comment:


  • Aziz
    replied
    Avatar picture

    I've found my bigger avatar picture finally ... *LOL*
    Note, there is a smaller coil in it:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Torus2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	334225

    I'm lazy to change it. I'll keep it.
    Aziz

    Leave a comment:


  • Aziz
    replied
    Originally posted by Sergey_P View Post
    target response or magnetic field Tx ?
    Well, I can calculate much more:
    - Inductivity
    - Magnetic Flux
    - Induction
    - Self induction
    - mag. field strength/density
    - Coil couplings
    - Induction balancing
    - Parameter sweeps (for optimisation)
    - Target related responses
    - Sensitivity maps
    .. and more

    The reason, why I don't give/sell the coil software?
    Avoiding anyone (particularly the patent-trolls) patenting good coil ideas, found/calculated by my software. I can guarantee, that these ideas will be published in the public domain.

    If you plan something to patent, don't ask me doing anything for it/you. Keep it totally secret from me. But if I'm getting interested in it by mentioning an early idea, I very likely will work on it and if there is something valuable, I'll immediately publish the idea before you can write the patent application.

    The "MadLabs Inc."(c)(r)(tm) isn't interested in patenting anything or making profits. I own 42 billion shares of "Madlabs Inc."(c)(r)(tm). I'm scheiss rich!!!

    Aziz

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    On the contrary, it is only a presentation of very precise vector math behind. A picture by itself is just a nice presentation. If you ever need some very accurate simulation of a real thing, just ask Aziz politely.

    I had some brief encounters with femm, and it was a pain. Aziz rules!

    Leave a comment:


  • Sergey_P
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    Aziz' avatar
    beautiful, but useless...

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Originally posted by Aziz View Post
    Help me please. I have absolutely no idea, what you mean by that.
    Aziz
    I mean this one:
    Originally posted by Aziz View Post
    Ok, an IB case just calculated:
    TX: 1 unit diameter, turns count any
    RX+: 0.8*TX unit diameter, 50 turns
    RX-: RX+/sqrt(2) unit diameter, 125 turns for IB (optimal for AI = 100 turns)
    I'm interested how much improvement is there with outer coil being 0.8Tx. If unbalanced portion falls below 100mV - this is it! It would provide over 40dB suppression either way. And besides, if inner coil is made squeezable, I can obtain perfect balance in a jiffy - just about the easiest thing to make of them all.

    ...

    @Sergey_P, please observe Aziz' avatar that's made with his software. It is very realistic.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sergey_P
    replied
    Originally posted by Aziz View Post
    3D math
    target response or magnetic field Tx ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Aziz
    replied
    Originally posted by Sergey_P View Post
    You do the calculations of induced emf in a plane (2D)
    I did the calculation of sensitivity to the ground in volume field (3D, approximation of - cone)
    3D math. Coils can be arranged arbitrary.
    Aziz

    Leave a comment:


  • Sergey_P
    replied
    You do the calculations of induced emf in a plane (2D)
    I did the calculation of sensitivity to the ground in volume field (3D, approximation of - cone)

    Leave a comment:


  • Aziz
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    ..
    Since you must have the model already at hand, what is the mismatch of Tx : Rx+ = 1:0.8 ?
    ..
    Help me please. I have absolutely no idea, what you mean by that.
    Aziz

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    A decompensating coil is in effect the same thing as ruining the ground response balance by other means. Unfortunately
    Originally posted by Aziz View Post
    Hi Davor,

    in the example above with with RX+ N=50, RX- N=100 (125 optimal for IB):
    TX: 300 µH, 1A coil current, f=10 kHz
    Induced voltages:
    RX+: -13.399 V
    RX-: +10.707 V
    Sum: -2.692 V
    Too much for an IB coil IMHO.
    Aziz
    Excellent! Thank you.
    I simply needed a measure to it. So roughly (+ here - there) I have some 10% mismatch or -20dB in balance. Or if balanced I'd have -20dB in interference attenuation. That's something to start with.

    Since you must have the model already at hand, what is the mismatch of Tx : Rx+ = 1:0.8 ?

    ...
    My final goal will be a real differential coil in back to back DD configuration and a 4 quadrant Rx, but in meantime a coil with ~40 dB interference and ground suppression seem a very nice idea.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X