Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very large DD coil

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kt315
    replied
    meteorites are ferrous. or, did you see gold meteorites?

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    The coil power circuit in DFX looks like this:Click image for larger version

Name:	PowerCoil.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	350877


    Maximum current is limited by the regulator to 100mA

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Nandor
    replied
    Not the current is the most important, you need Amper and Watt. A small PNP or NPN or Crystal driven oscillator has low power. PI machines with Power Mosfet like IRF transistors have enough power to drive larger coils. The Ground effect is also very important, this coil covers way much ground for a VLF to be able to reject it properly. Search for PI's with DD coil configuration those are the detectors that you are looking for. Meteorites are made of iron and different other alloys, I don't think that you need Disc for that at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    Hi The power to drive TX coil(s) is not problem. Only original voltage regulator limits the current. I want to search for stone meteorites, so a machine with good discrimination is needed

    Leave a comment:


  • Nandor
    replied
    Hi
    For Whites the largest coil I've seen was the Bigfoot coil 3x18 inch. I think that big as it's in the video is only for PI detectors that have power to drive those coils, Imho no VLF oscillator can drive that large coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    started a topic Very large DD coil

    Very large DD coil

    Hi everyone!
    I'm happy that I'm a user of this forum

    I would like to make DD TR-IB coil for Whites DFX with dimensions similar to this:



    Is it possible for VLF machine like Whites DFX (It may turn out that problems with EMI, tuning the coil(s), stability, mechanical stiffness of construction and others can not be solved)?

    Best regards

    Kris
Working...
X