Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coil DD on poltstyrene.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dbanner
    replied
    Epoxy no good, will affect polystyrene. I recently used high density polystyrene to make dd coil. I used first ordinary White glue to seal the PS, several coats. Then I used Ever Build all purpose ready mix filler to fill up the space where coils sit. Finally I used truck bed liner to paint and seal the polystyrene. The result is lightweight and very rigid and strong.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by dgm View Post
    Hello everyone, I wanted to ask what kind of resin I can use on polystyrene without melting it, to block the coils of a DD coil. Thank you for your kind suggestion.
    Most epoxy is fine. Just do a test with a small batch of epoxy of a piece of scrap polystyrene to be sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • dgm
    started a topic Coil DD on poltstyrene.

    Coil DD on poltstyrene.

    Hello everyone, I wanted to ask what kind of resin I can use on polystyrene without melting it, to block the coils of a DD coil. Thank you for your kind suggestion.
Working...
X